British Speedway Forum

More likely Horton expects the website company to pay him

Save Coventry Speedway group are hoping to hold a public meeting in January with all sides invited to tell us what's the way forward and what plans (if any) are in place to get the stadium ready for the season start. It would be nice if ALL sides attended if the meeting happens.

• Like 1

I presume the Track Shop won't be open tomorrow as it usually is pre-Christmas

Is it still standing?

Is it still standing?

It's all a great big joke to you isn't it?!

• Like 4

Save Coventry Speedway group are hoping to hold a public meeting in January with all sides invited to tell us what's the way forward and what plans (if any) are in place to get the stadium ready for the season start. It would be nice if ALL sides attended if the meeting happens.

Can't see all sides attending that, it will be to late by then anyway, the work need to start straight after Christmas.

I also hope that things get sorted as Coventry has lots of fans that will lose the club they follow.

I also hope that things get sorted as Coventry has lots of fans that will lose the club they follow.

And a fine club it has been over the years.

We really can't lose it.

• Like 1

Lorraine isn't running it any more so it won't be open. All the items have been removed but I don't know if she plans to sell them elsewhere. All credit to her and the team of helpers as she worked wonders in there and turned it into the best track shop out of all the leagues.

• Like 1

Lorraine isn't running it any more so it won't be open. All the items have been removed but I don't know if she plans to sell them elsewhere. All credit to her and the team of helpers as she worked wonders in there and turned it into the best track shop out of all the leagues.

Excuse me for being nosy, but why has the track shop been closed if it was doing well?

Seems a bit of a shame.

We used to have a track shop at Buxton but that closed down too.

Is there any reason why regalia can't be sold on Fleabay?

As well as providing a 365 day/year market place, might it not act as a bit of a propaganda tool for the clubs?

Thanks.

Sandhu has contractors ready to start in January, if they are allowed in.

Can't see all sides attending that, it will be to late by then anyway, the work need to start straight after Christmas.

We are hoping work would've started by the time the meeting comes around! They started to arrange this meeting before the latest developments. We usually get Mick Horton and Cllr Stokes attending but we never get Sandhu or Heaver attending instead they usually give us a pre prepared statement. Brandon Estates need to be there also.

If I remember rightly she was hoping to hire a room where she could sell all the left over stock.

Edited by woz01

https://coventryobserver.co.uk/news/coventry-racing-club-confirms-contractors-are-ready-to-return-speedway-venue-to-its-original-state/

As I mentioned yesterday its strange that somebody would pay for 24hr security on land not owned or leased anymore? Or more to the point how could you if you don't have the keys?

Although he sold the stadium I do think Mr Sandhu/Heaver would be better fit to be taking on the lease again rather than Mick Horton. They own the equipment needed, they have the finance and sound like they would foot the running costs anyway so what Horton would actually be responsible for I have no idea. It does seem like its Mick and Brandon Estates vs Sandhu/Heaver.

More fun and games to come I am sure

Edited by Coventry_Bee