British Speedway Forum

A Poole statement is what you really need on a Coventry thread. :rolleyes:

• Like 5

Interestingly Matt Ford released this message earlier on the Poole website.

Club owner Matt Ford has issued the following statement, ahead of the fast approaching New Year.

"I would personally like to wish all supporters and those associated with the club a very Happy New Year, let's hope 2017 is slightly more successful for the club on track than the outgoing season"Off track however I can announce good news."

"The club's official website has increased in popularity dramatically over the last few years, and I'm delighted to announce that over the last 6 months we now have in excess of One Hundred Thousand hits every week . When Steve (Allen) set up the site all that time ago, I never dreamed it would become so popular. My congratulations go to him, what an achievement!"

"We believe that now is the time to press ahead, and we are working on updating the site even further as we seek to make the site even bigger and better.

At this point we have yet to secure a new Main Team Sponsor, and news like this can only help in that search. It's encouraging to hear success stories for any business, but especially within our wonderful sport. Thank you to all of you."

"Lastly, Helen, Gordon and Giles and myself would like to take one final opportunity to wish you all a Happy New Year, and we look forward to seeing you in March.

Stay positive and most importantly Safe ! "

As others have mentioned before, Poole doesn't really have much in the way of sport in the area unlike Coventry who also have the wasps, Coventry Blaze & The football team.

A Poole statement is what you really need on a Coventry thread. :rolleyes:

As it is in response to a post it has every right to be here. Shows what can be done with the right effort.

As others have mentioned before, Poole doesn't really have much in the way of sport in the area unlike Coventry who also have the wasps, Coventry Blaze & The football team.

No excuse. The Bees should not be kowtowing to an extreme minority sport the UK in ice hockey. The football team are nearly league 2 now so again nothing compared to AFC Bournemouth which is in Pirates doorstep. Wasps rugby I have to admit I know zip about as its not a sport I follow at all. Thought they were at Watford?

Making excuses is easy. Poole have to deal with other sports like sailing, surfing etc but I doubt Matt Ford worries about anything other than his own club and how to get fans through the turnstiles.

As it is in response to a post it has every right to be here. Shows what can be done with the right effort.

Let us know when he's got a main sponsor then.

Anyway most of us don't like Matt Ford or Poole on here so shove off. :rofl:

• Like 3

No excuse. The Bees should not be kowtowing to an extreme minority sport the UK in ice hockey. The football team are nearly league 2 now so again nothing compared to AFC Bournemouth which is in Pirates doorstep. Wasps rugby I have to admit I know zip about as its not a sport I follow at all. Thought they were at Watford?

Making excuses is easy. Poole have to deal with other sports like sailing, surfing etc but I doubt Matt Ford worries about anything other than his own club and how to get fans through the turnstiles.

Then he's very lucky. Right now Bees fans have more to worry about. We might not even have a stadium to promote incase you haven't noticed!!!

• Like 2

Deary me, Stevebrum and you Coventry fans are a touchy lot! It was Woz that mentioned other speedway clubs as well as Coventry that need to improve their internet/social media presence, SS has a right to reply to that! :)

• Like 2

I really can't see what Fraud's latest orgasm-fest (over Poole's website hits) has to do on a thread of a club going through such a torrid time.

It's ill-timed, misplaced and totally irrelevant.

What do some of you blue tints do in your spare time - take a tin of 'Celebrations' down to the local hospice?

• Like 2

I really can't see what Fraud's latest orgasm-fest (over Poole's website hits) has to do on a thread of a club going through such a torrid time.

It's ill-timed, misplaced and totally irrelevant.

What do some of you blue tints do in your spare time - take a tin of 'Celebrations' down to the local hospice?

So we musn't respond to a post about poor online presence with a post on the same subject, to show what can be done, because Sandhu has wrecked a stadium?

You couldn't make it up.

No excuse. The Bees should not be kowtowing to an extreme minority sport the UK in ice hockey.

Extreme minority sport in the U.K.?

Are you having a laugh ,10 teams in the EIHL and 10 in the second tier .

Sheffield v Nottingham Boxing Day sell out crowd of over 9000

Reverse fixture sell out crowd of over 7000.

Play off weekends at Nottingham sell out every year .

It maybe minority but it's popular.

• Like 3

Deary me, Stevebrum and you Coventry fans are a touchy lot! It was Woz that mentioned other speedway clubs as well as Coventry that need to improve their internet/social media presence, SS has a right to reply to that! :)

I think Coventry have more to worry about than social media presence right now. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Then he's very lucky. Right now Bees fans have more to worry about. We might not even have a stadium to promote incase you haven't noticed!!!

Oh Steves noticed, he also sent the councillor an E' mail remember, if you have a memory ? I also chipped in at your clubs defence, but with the attitude of some of your fans i can't speak for Steve, but i won't be helping again.

Yeh, and has been mentioned we have a premier league football club 6 mile up the road, and another 19 mile further up the road. But then life is easy for poole, isn't it..

Edited by Starman2006

Well according to football stats Coventry only average 2,000 less than what Bounemouth do.So because the are league one that means nothing.Lets not forget Bournemouths ground only holds just over 11,000.

• Like 1

Well according to football stats Coventry only average 2,000 less than what Bounemouth do.So because the are league one that means nothing.Lets not forget Bournemouths ground only holds just over 11,000.

Thats right it does. But they also want to move, sooner rather than later..

AFCB matches are sellouts. If they had a bigger ground they would be getting 30,000 attendances. But it doesn't matter as afcb have huge amounts of MONEY, MILLIONS, and as they are in the Premier League and likely to stay there, the huge sums of cash just keep rolling in.

It wouldn't matter if Coventry had a bigger attendance than afcb. It would be peanuts of extra attendance money compared to the massive sums Bournemouth currently have. The two clubs are the proverbial mile apart.

If a sport like ice hockey can get people in the door, the Bees should be doing better than that. Ice hockey doesnt even have Sky Sports, does it?