British Speedway Forum

So officially confirmed Coventry riding at Leicester at home.

Interesting.

The fact that Cradley to Stoke was twice as far as Coventry to Leicester might have had something to do with it

Do you think all the Bees fans live in Coventry ?

The fact that Cradley to Stoke was twice as far as Coventry to Leicester might have had something to do with it

Well finally the statement has been released I think the best thing has been done for Speedway in general there has had to be lots of negotiation and arms twisting to be done to make this happen.

Let's hope that both clubs benefit from this and that sufficient Coventry fans travel to make it viable for them.

Sandu is very much involved now from both the Brandon side and also with Coventry at Beaumont park venture from a financial and supporting nature

Now this has been sorted Leicester can push forward with their announcements of the team I expect the first one on Tues or Wednesday

Edited by flagrag
  • Like 2

Well, I'm pleased Coventry has the chance to carry on. No ifs, buts, maybes

• Like 8

You can't turn the clock back, all this negativity is doing no good at all. I understand the comments but I repeat what I said in an earlier post "Speedway needs Coventry and Coventry needs Speedway." What is needed now is positive actions from all concerned including Supporters" I watch most of my Speedway at Rye House and I follow them but I will only ever have one real team West Ham - the original and in my eyes the only "Hammers" - sorry Lakeside/Arena Essex I have nothing against you but I could not bring myself to support you as to me there was and will only ever be one Hammers. Coventry supporters please take note the Bees are your team if you give up what incentive will there be for MH or any other future management to bother, not to mention sponsors who are vital to all clubs nowadays and most importantly the riders who don't need negativity they need and deserve your support.

Follow Plymouths example last year they started the season then folded BUT with determination and goodwill within weeks they were up and running again, they may be NL this year but Plymouth have a speedway team and supporters have somewhere to watch this fantastic family sport. Please lets hope Coventry Speedway and it's supporters and the Council, not forgetting the BSPA, can work together now to move forward to enable Speedway in this area to continue and hopefully in 3 years have a new track of their own to ride on and enthusiastic people to support it. I say again "you can't turn the clock back" now is the time to try to forget the past and start moving forward and the best way to do that is to let the powers that be know you want and need speedway in Coventry. I for one will visit when your oppononents are Rye House and I hope fans from other clubs who can make the journey to BP or Brandon will do the same when their team visit so that in our own way we are trying to help you keep your speedway team alive. GOOD LUCK YOU BEES.

• Like 3

And there in lies your problem. That word has no place being mentioned in the same breath as Beaumont Park.

Rubbish news and the Bees will be out of business within weeks anyway.

RUBBISH NEWS ??????????

Coventry still have a team !!!

Ask Oxford,Reading,Wimbledon etc etc supporters what RUBBISH NEWS REALLY IS. :nono:

• Like 9

Great news for most Coventry speedway fans. Credit where its due to all those involved in the negotiations.

Edited by Skidder1

I think that this is good news, Coventry are an iconic team, been around since year dot.

Supporters need to rally now, perhaps it's a good time to set up some sort of car share for those that want to go, but don't have transport.. it cuts both ways, car driver may not be able to fully fund regular drives to Leicester, but a couple of like minded passengers making small fuel donations and you have a win, win situation!

I realise it will isolate some supporters, but at least you're running this season, you might only be at Leicester for 4, maybe 5 meetings, before Brandon is reinstated..

• Like 1

Sandu is very much involved now from both the Brandon side and also with Coventry at Beaumont park venture from a financial and supporting nature

A very interesting line there Flagrag. Has he bought in to Hortons promotion?

What happens if Brandon doesn't get sorted out? Do they just stay at Leicester, or do they only have a certain amount of time there?

It would be a good idea to rejig the fixtures so the

four league encounters are early in the season as this would help with the crowd levels. They could even alter the KO Cup to draw them together (if they are not already). I'm no talking the same fixture every week but not far off.

• Like 1

What happens if Brandon doesn't get sorted out? Do they just stay at Leicester, or do they only have a certain amount of time there?

Who knows! If Sandhu is as some believe part funding this then I guess there must be a chance of a return. Also if Sandhu is actually serious about a new stadium then he may see it as important that Bees continue running. Stox once a month with 5,000+ crowds is all well and good but a new stadium will need regular use that speedway provides.

Disaster written all over this. Cold damp early season weather, motorway's chocker on a Friday and a couple of poor results from a team that do not want to be there.

Crowds will drop of a cliff.

• Like 3