British Speedway Forum

With regard to other stadiums for Stock Car Racing, what ever happened to Skegness Stadium, over at Ingoldmells?

Still going strong for Stock Cars at Skegness from what I know. Haven't been for many a year but pretty sure they still do alright from it

Despite the glum news coming out about the bees , as a poole supporter i will keep fingers crossed that something positive does happen not interested in any sniping trolling or anything except we keep as many teams as possible its speedway that matters for all genuine fans

• Like 5

Despite the glum news coming out about the bees , as a poole supporter i will keep fingers crossed that something positive does happen not interested in any sniping trolling or anything except we keep as many teams as possible its speedway that matters for all genuine fans

Very refreshing :t:

Heaver saying it was sold for £2.2m and a new stadium would cost £5m makes no sense to me. That's £2.8 million extra Sandhu has to put in even though he had a perfectly good stadium in the first place.

To right that makes no sense.

Can only imagine what Brandon could have been like if Sandhu hadn't sold up and spent the £2.8m on the existing stadium

Just had a thought, some seem to think Sandhu is involved with Brandon Estates.

Is it possible that part of the Brandon agreement of sale is Sandhu gets a percentage from the properties sold if planning permission is ever granted?

£2.2m seems cheap for the size of the land available?

Most commercial land sales will include an uplift in the sale value based on the development of the site for housing. So highly likely Sandhu would receive a considerable additional sum once planning approved.

Can only imagine what Brandon could have been like if Sandhu hadn't sold up and spent the £2.8m on the existing stadium

Is it possible that part of the Brandon agreement of sale is Sandhu gets a percentage from the properties sold if planning permission is ever granted?

Although you can't compare them to Brandon I shouldn't think that the tracks at Leicester, Plymouth or Somerset cost anywhere near a six figure sum!

He did want to upgrade Brandon a while back but was refused permission because he wouldn't budge over 1 metre.

I think it's highly likely he will benefit from development on the site in whatever capacity, developing houses on the site will make 2.2m look like pocket money in comparison. Developing the site for housing is a long way away though.

Edited by woz01

He did want to upgrade Brandon a while back but was refused permission because he wouldn't budge over 1 metre.

I think it's highly likely he will benefit from development on the site in whatever capacity, developing houses on the site will make 2.2m look like pocket money in comparison. Developing the site for housing is a long way away though.

running motorsports on the site is also a long way away I'm sad to say - and I don't mean in March 2017 .

Yes indeed I'm sure Sandhu will hugely benefit from the building and sale of properties on the Brandon site.

• Like 1

Just seen some pictures taken from weekend. Damage don't look to bad

• Like 1

All seems like a stalling tactic.Gone in MHO but really hope not

Edited by Bald Bloke

Just flicking through some posts and seeing about the 2.2 million it was sold for and about 5 to build a new stadium so why didn't they just use the 2.8 to improve what they have ?

Maybe because the 2.2 from Party B goes to Party A for the sale

Party B then builds houses and makes a 4.5 profit

Question - Is there a connection in ownership between Party A and Party B ?

Moving into a new stadium wouldn't be as much as 5 million if it was an existing site like an old football ground or something. Plus even if it was from scratch, laying a new track and putting in concrete terraces plus shelters for pits etc could easily be done for half that price.

So if there is any connection between A and B it's basically there are new houses and a new track with 2 million profit and no money moving hands really. Or considerably more profit if the track doesn't happen !!

Just saw the same ones on twitter. Damage doesn't look as bad as described in the papers esp not to the building. It's mainly the seats and floodlights. https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffdavies170/status/817118322915471360

Fixtures and fittings includes bars, tables, kitchen equipment etc so to get it back to a standard to be fit for the public it could be considerably more to put right and meet all standards.

Leicester hope to start signing riders soon and if the two clubs don't join together, with 16 home meetings each, I'm sure they could still track share if required to. Either way I hope both clubs can get things sorted and be ready in 10 weeks time !!

Run this idea through your minds folks.

Mick Horton is actually in Sandhu's pocket; and on a decent bung that will make his bank balance look a tad more healthy than running speedway for a further 1-3 years.

Horton fails to sign any initial agreement; and is conveniently out of the country when 'Rent-a-Wreck' turn up at the stadium.

Councillor Stokes brokers a peace deal; that Sandhu agrees to in principle verbally; but fails to sign any agreement/deal that would compromise his actual intent of doing diddly-squat.

Meanwhile, the Brandon Property Company, that Sandhu potentially has links to, muddies the waters by getting the old bill involved. Sandhu states he's now 'moved on' - read into that he's got no intention of making good the damage caused. I think this is what's termed 'a false flag'.

Meanwhile, according to Companies House, Brandon Estates Ltd, who were registered in Sutton Coldfield, were actually dissolved on 3rd November 2015. So WHO exactly are the people that Councillor Stokes, and The Coventry Telegraph, are actually talking to?

Final upshot is that Horton can't subsequently run Speedway. The stadium doesn't get repaired. All resulting in a demolition job, and potential house building starting up sooner rather than much later.

Meanwhile, the BSPA sit on their arse doing absolutely nothing of any weight. Strange? Cue their beloved leader Chapman taking the reigns at nearby Leicester. A few weeks after taking ownership, not a single rider has been signed/confirmed at Beaumont Park. A little strange? Probably not - when there's already a team going spare 20 miles down the M69. Sit back Mr. Chapman, let the Brandon charade ignite, then adopt 7 out of work riders and appear the Messiah. No doubt a few Cov Supporters may make the short trip to get their weekly fix. Win/Win for Chapman all round.

I don't really do conspiracy theories - but this entire scenario has been running through my mind for a few weeks. And putting Councillor Stokes aside, can anyone doubt that it's not been an entire set up from the outset?

Given the entire raft of untrustworthy herberts involved within this entire charade, I wouldn't put it past any of them to be involved collectively in one of the biggest scams in the history of the sport.

• Like 6

Run this idea through your minds folks.

Mick Horton is actually in Sandhu's pocket; and on a decent bung that will make his bank balance look a tad more healthy than running speedway for a further 1-3 years.

Horton fails to sign any initial agreement; and is conveniently out of the country when 'Rent-a-Wreck' turn up at the stadium.

Councillor Stokes brokers a peace deal; that Sandhu agrees to in principle verbally; but fails to sign any agreement/deal that would compromise his actual intent of doing diddly-squat.

Meanwhile, the Brandon Property Company, that Sandhu potentially has links to, muddies the waters by getting the old bill involved. Sandhu states he's now 'moved on' - read into that he's got no intention of making good the damage caused. I think this is what's termed 'a false flag'.

Meanwhile, according to Companies House, Brandon Estates Ltd, who were registered in Sutton Coldfield, were actually dissolved on 3rd November 2015. So WHO exactly are the people that Councillor Stokes, and The Coventry Telegraph, are actually talking to?

Final upshot is that Horton can't subsequently run Speedway. The stadium doesn't get repaired. All resulting in a demolition job, and potential house building starting up sooner rather than much later.

Meanwhile, the BSPA sit on their arse doing absolutely nothing of any weight. Strange? Cue their beloved leader Chapman taking the reigns at nearby Leicester. A few weeks after taking ownership, not a single rider has been signed/confirmed at Beaumont Park. A little strange? Probably not - when there's already a team going spare 20 miles down the M69. Sit back Mr. Chapman, let the Brandon charade ignite, then adopt 7 out of work riders and appear the Messiah. No doubt a few Cov Supporters may make the short trip to get their weekly fix. Win/Win for Chapman all round.

I don't really do conspiracy theories - but this entire scenario has been running through my mind for a few weeks. And putting Councillor Stokes aside, can anyone doubt that it's not been an entire set up from the outset?

Given the entire raft of untrustworthy herberts involved within this entire charade, I wouldn't put it past any of them to be involved collectively in one of the biggest scams in the history of the sport.

I don't believe that Buster would be in any way involved in the above X-File you've just set out...

But, the trio of,

[sandhu]

[brandon Estates]

[Mick Horton]

That's a different kettle of fish.. I still think that there is time to reinstate Brandon for the season start, even if at worst, the Bees had to ride "top heavy" with away fixtures through April whilst Brandon was finished off..

• Like 3