British Speedway Forum

Like speedway we go round in circles. The stox had a deal with the speedway. Speedway then withdrew the offer from what we have been told. What is the truth though? They all think they are in the right.

Councillor? You're having a laugh, they pulled out weeks ago! :o

For the hours he put in before Christmas trying to sort a deal.

Gambo, on 21 Jan 2017 - 9:36 PM, said:

Hopefully!

Can't see why the BSPA can't issue the fixture list with Coventry included.

Far easier to take 28 fixtures out of the list if Coventry do not run, than to put in 28 fixtures if there is a late stay of execution.

I do the think the BSPA should be keeping us Supporters , ie the PAYING PUBLIC updated on the Brandon situation a little more than they are as it affects ALL clubs & riders . The only voice from Coventry on here is Neil Watson , is there anything you can tell us Neil ?

• Like 1

Playing the blame game. He was blaming it all on Horton previously for not signing the lease???

He did. Sandhu and Heaver probably knew that Brandon Estates wouldn't let Sandhu have the lease and let him operate at the stadium.

Edited by woz01

Like speedway we go round in circles. The stox had a deal with the speedway. Speedway then withdrew the offer from what we have been told. What is the truth though? They all think they are in the right.

For the hours he put in before Christmas trying to sort a deal.

The stox contract ran out on 30th November. Horton's new lease was scheduled to commence on 1st (or 3rd) January but had not been signed - possibly because Horton was out of the country.

Sandhu ripped out all 'his' fixtures and fittings on 30th November and started to blame Horton by 'saying' that they had a deal with Horton. Nobody has produced any evidence other than hearsay (by Sandhu's lapdog in the media) that that was the case?!

Horton returns from USA having been alerted to the damage caused by the stox people and quite rightly involves Brandon Estates and equally rightly has not signed a new lease presumably until new terms are sorted and the reinstatement of the fittings has been categorically agreed in writing or the equivalent cash/penalty has been paid.

If Sandhu has 'moved on' then I guess that both Brandon Estates and the speedway will still be waiting for the police investigation to be resolved, whilst at the same time looking for alternative backers to allow speedway to resume - hardly something that can be resolved with the click of fingers, however frustrating it may be for the fans.

• Like 1

The stox contract ran out on 30th November. Horton's new lease was scheduled to commence on 1st (or 3rd) January but had not been signed - possibly because Horton was out of the country.

Sandhu ripped out all 'his' fixtures and fittings on 30th November and started to blame Horton by 'saying' that they had a deal with Horton. Nobody has produced any evidence other than hearsay (by Sandhu's lapdog in the media) that that was the case?!

Horton returns from USA having been alerted to the damage caused by the stox people and quite rightly involves Brandon Estates and equally rightly has not signed a new lease presumably until new terms are sorted and the reinstatement of the fittings has been categorically agreed in writing or the equivalent cash/penalty has been paid.

If Sandhu has 'moved on' then I guess that both Brandon Estates and the speedway will still be waiting for the police investigation to be resolved, whilst at the same time looking for alternative backers to allow speedway to resume - hardly something that can be resolved with the click of fingers, however frustrating it may be for the fans.

Sandhu as I understand is willing to put things back but isn't allowed to by Brandon Estates. It's played right into their hands at the minute.

I do the think the BSPA should be keeping us Supporters , ie the PAYING PUBLIC updated on the Brandon situation a little more than they are as it affects ALL clubs & riders . The only voice from Coventry on here is Neil Watson , is there anything you can tell us Neil ?

To be fair to the BSPA I think they have, other than saying talks were on going I`m not sure how much more could be said. Looks like Fridays deadline has passed, for the good of speedway a decision should be announced tomorrow and we can move on with or without Coventry.

You leave Rangers out of this :wink:

I live near Glasgow so im not going to mention it too often knowing what football is like here !

As for the moving to Leicester thing, it won't work. Have had two experiences of it Glasgow/Workington in 1987 and slightly different Scottish Monarchs at Shawfield in 1996. The first didn't work because it wasnt a Comets team and the second didn't work because Glasgow fans wouldn't support a Monarchs side whilst Edinburgh fans didn't want to go to Shawfield(40miles away)

Edited by DW

On someone's Facebook post Jeremy Heaver said that it's Brandon Estates causing the issues not Horton or Stox. Brandon Estates won't give Sandhu a lease I wonder why?

.....Skidder1.......If Sandhu has 'moved on' then I guess that both Brandon Estates and the speedway will still be waiting for the police investigation to be resolved, whilst at the same time looking for alternative backers to allow speedway to resume - hardly something that can be resolved with the click of fingers, however frustrating it may be for the fans.

Or there is another possibility of course. Sandhu and Brandon Estates are one and the same, there is no police investigation and it's all been perfectly planned to get the Speedway out, leave the place derelict ~ it's not that far off now ~ and eventually get planning permission. They've waited for years so a few more won't make much difference. The council thinking of all the tax they will get from a housing estate have second thoughts now the stadium isn't being used and planning gets the go ahead. The End.

• Like 6

Or there is another possibility of course. Sandhu and Brandon Estates are one and the same, there is no police investigation and it's all been perfectly planned to get the Speedway out, leave the place derelict ~ it's not that far off now ~ and eventually get planning permission. They've waited for years so a few more won't make much difference. The council thinking of all the tax they will get from a housing estate have second thoughts now the stadium isn't being used and planning gets the go ahead. The End.

Yes I wish they would just put us out of our misery

Yes I wish they would just put us out of our misery

Sandhu/ Brandon Estates and Heaver...feeding us all this BS constantly.

They are an absolute disgrace, all of them! :mad:

• Like 2

MOVE THE LOT TO OXFORD

being kept back waiting for Poole to move there

Sandhu/ Brandon Estates and Heaver...feeding us all this BS constantly.

They are an absolute disgrace, all of them! :mad:

Yep you say it how it is my little flower, dont hold back now.. :t:

Yep you say it how it is my little flower, dont hold back now.. :t:

That was me holding back!

• Like 3

That was me holding back!

Well you could have been a bit stronger, save for a ban.. But hey, they only ban poole fans on here, alledgedly..

Surely he arrives with Middlo? He's so far up his backside I doubt he's ever out of there!

He does get out of there sometimes, but only so he can disappear up Matt Fords rear end instead!!

• Like 1