British Speedway Forum

NSS means,National Speedway Stadium, since when have Glasgow, Edinburgh, Berwick ect not had speedway fans that would want to travel to Manchester for an international meeting ie WTC.

I think you will find Manchester is more central than Coventry. ie Poole-Manchester 263 miles. Glasgow-Manchester 219 miles Coventry-Poole 189 miles Coventry Glasgow 315 miles.

Looks like you're making the excellent point of having the NSS at Stoke! Well done I commend it to the house. ;-)

So why is this situation Hortons fault as you claimed? He hasn't the finance to pay 200k+ for Sandhu's fixture and fittings and why would he pay for it when Brandon Estates says it's their fixture and fittings and not Sandhu's?

and Sandu says they are his so who is correct.Horton did not expect to walk into a stadium already set up if so he was a bit nieve Edited by kingbee

I think everyone can accept that a person has a right to retrieve their own assets.

But until someone can explain how ripping out seats, smashing them up and dumping them in a skip is 'retrieval of assets' I don't accept in anyway that that is what Sandhu intended.

The intention was to render the stadium unfit for racing of any kind.

while this does seem rather obvious why does he not just say 'you're evicted' rather than busting the seats, which by the way not all venues have and wouldnt really be a barrier to the stadiums use = well not for speedway anyway, whise fans will put up with much discomfort

I can't help but look at the Birmingham situation, look at hortons situation and take all emotion out of the thinking.

Horton has a premier team and Birmingham have a premier facility and location. The fact they are nl this season is a joke.

Brandon stadium has a short life span left in it. Maybe 0 seasons, maybe 3, Birmingham is empty in 1.

It's a good fit for Horton and a good fit for speedway.

It's a sore point. But losing both would be dumb. It would be the right fit for Birmingham to continue in a professional league. Would suck for bees fans though.

How sensible would mole be price wise? How sensible would Horton's valuation be.

It would be a bit Wimbledon mk dons. But there could be logic in it. Horton as brummies promoter? 1 year sooner than mole intended to sell?

• Like 1

pricing keeps so many away I think .. I keep offering to take people, but then give them the price and it doesn't happen.

the sport needs to cut costs and the GTR engine etc is hopefully going to help, but that means nothing to the supporter, only the rider.

costs need to be cut for the supporter too, the price of fuel stops so many travelling to away meetings, and people so much more now are just picking and choosing what home meetings to go to. all of that is lost revenue when someone says I'm not going it's only so and so there.

all the hierarchy seem to be looking at is reducing the cost for the riders, there's nothing there for the supporters. by the time the riders have cheaper servicing etc there won't be any supporters left!

doing special offers because England are playing football and it's on tv means absolutely nothing

Blaming it on the cost of admission is far too simplistic.

The costs of watching speedway at £17, compares very favourably with Wasps (cost £44 - £16) and the Sky Blues (£26 - £16).

Yet on average over 17,000 rock up for each Wasps game, and even City with all their problems still attract on average 9,000 per game.

So it is clearly something more than price.

Edited by Mr Snackette
  • Like 1

I can't help but look at the Birmingham situation, look at hortons situation and take all emotion out of the thinking.

Horton has a premier team and Birmingham have a premier facility and location. The fact they are nl this season is a joke.

Brandon stadium has a short life span left in it. Maybe 0 seasons, maybe 3, Birmingham is empty in 1.

It's a good fit for Horton and a good fit for speedway.

It's a sore point. But losing both would be dumb. It would be the right fit for Birmingham to continue in a professional league. Would suck for bees fans though.

How sensible would mole be price wise? How sensible would Horton's valuation be.

It would be a bit Wimbledon mk dons. But there could be logic in it. Horton as brummies promoter? 1 year sooner than mole intended to sell?

Birmingham have a Premiership owner

Unfortunately Coventry don't

• Like 1

That may well be true, but Wasps have demonstrated that if you supply the right product, in the right environment, with the right promotion, kids can be dragged away from their electronic devices.

And what do you suggest in the currant climate.. ? Hmm. Speedway has made its bed and all that. You have to remermber, i see regulars every week, and many adults can no longer afford go every week due to the costs. Kids are the future, but if Adults can no longer go on as regular basis, what chance do the kids have... I'l tell you, none. And we get the biggest crowds in the premiership by a mile.

Edited by Starman2006

At amature league ambition level though

It's a joke they are nl. Fair comment

Do you need to be reminded of what happened the last time Birmingham were in the top flight ?

They, and others, are in the NL for a very good reason.

• Like 4

So why is this situation Hortons fault as you claimed? He hasn't the finance to pay 200k+ for Sandhu's fixture and fittings and why would he pay for it when Brandon Estates says it's their fixture and fittings and not Sandhu's?

Must admit I never thought that Sandhu was ever the real owner. My understanding is that his larger family pooled together and bought Coventry, and Sandhu was the front man to run it on their behalf. That came out during 2010 aftermath. Could the family be Brandon Estates or did the family sell it on to them, and Sandhu took a lease out and sublet it to Horton and Heaver.

• Like 1

Do you need to be reminded of what happened the last time Birmingham were in the top flight ?

They, and others, are in the NL for a very good reason.

Please do not even joke about Horton taking over the Brummies.

We had liars & charlatans running us last time in the Elite League & it nearly destroyed the club.

• Like 4

BriSCA F1 Fixtures 2017

Track: Brandon Stadium Coventry

Day Date Time Track

Sat 01/04/2017 6.30pm Coventry

Sat 06/05/2017 6.30pm Coventry

Sat 03/06/2017 6.30pm Coventry British

Sat 01/07/2017 6.30pm Coventry

Sat 05/08/2017 7.00pm Coventry

Sat 02/09/2017 6.30pm Coventry

Sat 07/10/2017 6.30pm Coventry NPC R5

Sat 04/11/2017 6.30pm Coventry

I see the first meeting is planned for Fools Day

Well. They were in the hands of a very incapable promotion . . . . .

But in all seriousness though it could work if it was done right. An ambitious promoter with a good backer. It's certainly better than nl level. Just because it didn't work under a previous promotion doesn't mean the idea should be buried forever. It's a weaker league now and there is potentially a team without a track to ride. If its at Birmingham it won't impact the liecester project.

BriSCA F1 Fixtures 2017

Track: Brandon Stadium Coventry

Day Date Time Track

Sat 01/04/2017 6.30pm Coventry

Sat 06/05/2017 6.30pm Coventry

Sat 03/06/2017 6.30pm Coventry British

Sat 01/07/2017 6.30pm Coventry

Sat 05/08/2017 7.00pm Coventry

Sat 02/09/2017 6.30pm Coventry

Sat 07/10/2017 6.30pm Coventry NPC R5

Sat 04/11/2017 6.30pm Coventry

I see the first meeting is planned for Fools Day