British Speedway Forum

Well. They were in the hands of a very incapable promotion . . . . .

But in all seriousness though it could work if it was done right. An ambitious promoter with a good backer. It's certainly better than nl level. Just because it didn't work under a previous promotion doesn't mean the idea should be buried forever. It's a weaker league now and there is potentially a team without a track to ride. If its at Birmingham it won't impact the liecester project.

Someone like Tony Mole, for instance ?

He wants out after this season and had no intention to run in a professional league.

If stocks are definitely running then that's a good sign surely

He wants out after this season and had no intention to run in a professional league.

My point is that if someone of the financial means, track record for success at speedway tracks and passion for the sport like Tony Mole won't take the club up it says a great deal about why they are in the NL.

Says an ex promoter who is part of the reason the sport is all but finished.

Yes, my efforts pale into zero significance, given what you achieved and put into your riding. :party::D:P

• Like 4

Disclaimer, I don't read much of what is posted if this has been suggested and dismissed before, so be it....

If the worst happens and Brandon is unavailable for the Bee's surely Perry Barr is a better alternative than Leicester. The journey distance/time is fairly similar and the Birmingham Speedway Fans have had no top level racing for several years? It makes a much easier drive for those fans coming from local rivals in Wolves & Belle Vue. I guess those meetings are the bumper crowds?

I don't know of Perry Barr's availability. Just putting that out there. Hope you have Speedway at Brandon next year.

• Like 1

Yes, my efforts pale into zero significance, given what you achieved and put into your riding. :party::D:P

:rofl:

:rofl:

Disclaimer, I don't read much of what is posted if this has been suggested and dismissed before, so be it....

If the worst happens and Brandon is unavailable for the Bee's surely Perry Barr is a better alternative than Leicester. The journey distance/time is fairly similar and the Birmingham Speedway Fans have had no top level racing for several years? It makes a much easier drive for those fans coming from local rivals in Wolves & Belle Vue. I guess those meetings are the bumper crowds?

I don't know of Perry Barr's availability. Just putting that out there. Hope you have Speedway at Brandon next year.

Birmingham have some of cradley's meetings as well so isn't an option.

Surprised you weren't aware of that.

Birmingham have some of cradley's meetings as well so isn't an option.

Surprised you weren't aware of that.

Nope, don't have any interest in watching Wobblers, I was brought up on Bruce, Erik & Jan O. Bit of a come down #speedwaysnob

BriSCA F1 Fixtures 2017

Track: Brandon Stadium Coventry

Day Date Time Track

Sat 01/04/2017 6.30pm Coventry

Sat 06/05/2017 6.30pm Coventry

Sat 03/06/2017 6.30pm Coventry British

Sat 01/07/2017 6.30pm Coventry

Sat 05/08/2017 7.00pm Coventry

Sat 02/09/2017 6.30pm Coventry

Sat 07/10/2017 6.30pm Coventry NPC R5

Sat 04/11/2017 6.30pm Coventry

I see the first meeting is planned for Fools Day

Are these actual meetings, or TBC dates? If they are official dates, then it seems obvious that whoever has control of the venue, just wanted Speedway out..

Nope, don't have any interest in watching Wobblers, I was brought up on Bruce, Erik & Jan O. Bit of a come down #speedwaysnob

I don't suppose it ever occurred to you that they were also (wobblers)at one stage in there careers .

I scanned your profile and over 8 thousand posts you are listed as having only 136 as excellent says all I need to know.

• Like 2

Key will be when Leicester start signing riders or not as the case may be. If Cov run have The Lions got 7 riders waiting in the wings ready to rock n roll ?

If stocks are definitely running then that's a good sign surely

Stox are not definitely running. The fixtures can be moved to other venues. The Stox promotion own the dates, the can race them at any track.

• Like 1

Please don't believe for even a second that the GRA will deal with anyone other than Tony Mole after the last "sub tennant" defaulted on the rent and subsequent new owners of Birmingham Speedway behaved similarly. As far as Speedway racing is concerned at Birmingham the GRA are twice bitten and have turned to the Mole to do the honourable thing, which he has and covered off other parties debts. Negotiations to put new owners into Birmingham following Tony's retirement will be very delicate and I guess may need a substantial bond in the GRA's favour or indeed Tony's personal guarantee again (ouch!).

• Like 2

And what do you suggest in the currant climate.. ? Hmm. Speedway has made its bed and all that. You have to remermber, i see regulars every week, and many adults can no longer afford go every week due to the costs. Kids are the future, but if Adults can no longer go on as regular basis, what chance do the kids have... I'l tell you, none. And we get the biggest crowds in the premiership by a mile.

Current climate? In the current climate, Wasps turned up 18 months ago, and from nil, now get an average crowd of over 17,000. This has been achieved by supplying the right product, in the right environment, with the right promotion. Even Coventry City who are not dissimilar from speedway (in general), and can be regarded as a complete "basket case" still manage to get people through the door. Yet despite this over 9,000 fans, turn up each home game, be it out of a sense of loyalty / love of their team. It is clear that the good people of Coventry do not feel (certainly in terms of numbers) the same towards the Bees.

Edited by Mr Snackette
  • Like 1