British Speedway Forum

Sorry but you need to wake up

Not missed a season since76

But this is playing into the hands of the developers

If the stadium is still standing by March I'll be amazed

You've said that once..

Well tell that to the powers that be, who clearly feel this is your best bet in the short term.

I bet you believed what the brexit idiot's told you as well

• Like 1

I bet you believed what the brexit idiot's told you as well

I have my own mind, thank you. Now what was that you were saying. Complain to the powers that be. But you might be on your own.. ;)

Edited by Starman2006

Sorry but you need to wake up

Not missed a season since76

But this is playing into the hands of the developers

If the stadium is still standing by March I'll be amazed

I attended Coventry speedway as a young kid and that was some time ago.

I don't feel I need to ''wake up'' as part of me agrees with you --BUT what is the alternative? Support the Bees team at Leicester initially or give up today?

• Like 2

Yeah... :shock:

Crowd-of-young-people-having-a-New-Years

Must feel a bit of a prat with todays news, eh.

• Like 2

Kids nowadays would rather be sat behind there Ipads that go to speedway.

Rubbish it's because robbing promotors have put the price they charge for under 16's up over the years.

My mum took me & 3 mates when we were kids & was charged nothing,me & those 3 still go.

I know people who don't go now as they can't afford or justify paying for them & their children.

Any adult should be entitled to take 2 under 16's in for free as they are the future fans.

• Like 2

Rubbish it's because robbing promotors have put the price they charge for under 16's up over the years.

My mum took me & 3 mates when we were kids & was charged nothing,me & those 3 still go.

I know people who don't go now as they can't afford or justify paying for them & their children.

Any adult should be entitled to take 2 under 16's in for free as they are the future fans.

I agree with you kids under a certain age should get in for nothing, but promoters need to make money to keep clubs afloat, otherwise there would be a lot more clubs disapearing, We, don't get the crowds we used to get in the early 70's and yet we are still far and away the best supported club in the country. But once kids reach 16 they are employable. But no, kids nowadays are more interested in sitting behind a ipad or laptop than going to speedway. Now, im very sure you will disagree with me. Won't take an einstien to work that out.

Edited by Starman2006

It is great news that the Bees are up and running again, after losing speedway for 20 years in Leicester, the best thing to happen was when we got it back again at BP. Then DH put us in the EL and tried to put together a team for 3 years of nothing better than NL riders bar Jason Doyle, even he got fed up in the end of have no riders to back him up.

Then towards the end of last season, things started to look glumb to say the least and it looked like the Lions would close yet again, but thanks to a lot of work behind the scenes, we have been given another life line.

It is not the best circumstances to ask the Bees fans to support thier team in another stadium, it is not that it is a million miles away from Brandon, from the way things look, Brandon will be up and running in the early part of the seaon, maybe after 4 or 5 meeting, but if the fans say sod it I am not going to watch my team anywhere but Brandon, then all the hard work that has been done to save the club will be for nothing.

If the fans stay away, then who ever is running the show, will take a second look at things and not even bother putting the stadium to rights again.

So it goes like this no fans turning out to watch thier team, even if it means they are 15 minutes late, that that will be the last we will see of the Bees. Don't let it happen, please give them the support they need. It is horrid to lose your club, seen it happen to me twice.

Weird that Doyley went back to Swindon & still has no decent back up in the team😀😀

Give it a chance eh..

As as a fans goes.Think it will a bad move.

As as a fans goes.Think it will a bad move.

Thats yours and Philfromcovs opinions.

I think Buster has played a blinder since he was appointed Chairman of the BSPA. I had my doubts when he was first selected, but he has put his heart and soul into it in a very sensible and quiet way, That's the way he works. He has delegated out his business to trusted friends and colleagues, whilst he single handed took the lead on all three doubtful speedway. He has been the catalyst to different situations with authorities, owners and promotions, and probably got 2 coming to the tapes on time, whilst Sandhu does his own impression of a wrecking ball let loose. And the same fans still think it's Horton's fault at Coventry, as if Sandhu was some sort of saviour fighting against Horton. If Buster fails at Coventry it is down to one man and that is Sandhu, not Buster, Horton or even Heaver.

Some of you really need to give yourselves a good shake and rid yourselves of the negative biases/dogma that you carry around especially since 2010.

Just to add insult to injury we have his son lurking in the background, apparently delighted at the comments criticising his father and the BSPA. Just as well he didn't hear the comments about him, when he was the main man driving around and around the Millennium and Cardiff in his open topped Black BMW a few years ago.

As I said on the 24th Jan, and believed Buster was the chap who could deliver if it could be saved, we have today's statement that he has. So that's a satisfactory solution for Belle Vue, Leicester and now Coventry. What a man, after all the doubting Thomas's(or Jonathans or UK Martin's) on here doubting his ability to get satisfactory resolutions. Sandhu of course has got to keep to his promises to repair the damage, and that is where I have a slight concern. With the publicity this situation has got even upto council leader level, one would hope that Sandhu has some sort of conscience to honour this promise.

We all had to wait till there was something good to announce, but the anxious doubters must now agree that it was worth the wait.

• Like 3

I agree with you kids under a certain age should get in for nothing, but promoters need to make money to keep clubs afloat, otherwise there would be a lot more clubs disapearing, We, don't get the crowds we used to get in the early 70's and yet we are still far and away the best supported club in the country. But once kids reach 16 they are employable. But no, kids nowadays are more interested in sitting behind a ipad or laptop than going to speedway. Now, im very sure you will disagree with me. Won't take an einstien to work that out.

Children now have to stay on at school, go to college until they are 18 unless they get a job as an apprentice.

That means there are such a smaller percentage who will be working like there used to be.

I know quite a few who don't go to speedway as they simply can't justify spending the money with the kids charge.

That's money the clubs have lost & possible future fans. How does that make good business sense?.

• Like 2

Children now have to stay on at school, go to college until they are 18 unless they get a job as an apprentice.

That means there are such a smaller percentage who will be working like there used to be.

I know quite a few who don't go to speedway as they simply can't justify spending the money with the kids charge.

That's money the clubs have lost & possible future fans. How does that make good business sense?.

Ask the promotions. Put pen to paper..

Ask the promotions. Put pen to paper..

I have at Swindon & suggested a idea of having a half season ticket as people don't buy a season ticket due to missing meetings through family holidays.

Didn't get an answer though surprise surprise.

I play golf & my club issue membership based on how much you can play by buying block rounds at a cheaper rate the more you play but it caters for everyone.

About time speedway did it as well as the golf club is now getting much more money than it was before.

Edited by Crazy robin
  • Like 1