British Speedway Forum

So share the evidence with the rest of us.

I'm not having a go at you. I just want to proceed from a basis of fact. We've had hints and unsubstantiated proclamations to last a life time.

I tried to PM you but wouldn't send.

What has happened to our "Save our speedway" site. I haven't seen any input from them on this forum. No one seems to have seen or heard from them in recent weeks

I'm admin on the fb and twitter page but I've not heard much from the people running the group in a while.

Chapman stated:

"Coventry Stadium is one of the best venues in the country, between now and next season a lot of things can happen.

I think there could be a new venue found.

So what exactly is The Messiah alluding to with that utter drivel? Unless I'm going mad, that's a complete contradiction!

Of course you could probably find a new venue. But who's going to finance it? More hyperbole. The Cov fans have been fed enough garbage already Mr. Chapman. Please show them some respect.

As for Sandhu - what an utterly despicable, lying creature. Hopefully, karma will have it's day in due course.

Finally, so very, very sorry for the Bees Supporters. My heart goes out to you; particularly given the lies and false promises that you've had to endure.

When we lost Hackney Speedway, I was devastated. And christ, years later, it still hurts.

Personally; I'd rather be honest - you've had enough false promises and been fed enough BS. The chance of Cov returning is minimal.

But the one thing that scum such as Sandhu can NEVER do is erase those memories; nor the passion in your hearts.

With all my love and with every best wish for the future.

• Like 1

Surely if the council want Brandon stadium to be saved, they should allow planning on half the site in return for the stadium & other half of the site being signed over to them. They could then lease this to a speedway promoter & put some money in their coffers.

Surely if the council want Brandon stadium to be saved, they should allow planning on half the site in return for the stadium & other half of the site being signed over to them. They could then lease this to a speedway promoter & put some money in their coffers.

Cllr Stokes said this could be an option although you can't guarantee it as any application is based on planning law.

Some one mentioned building a care home. Trust me, this could be a great investment on a very small corner of this plot. The going rate for care home residents is £1000 a week.

A health centre and gym. Now there's an idea.

A nursery.

A garden centre.

Now let me see. How much of the total land have I used?

Not a lot.

How much revenue have I generated?

Now that looks good.

And I've still got a stadium and almost as much car parking as when I started.

Just imagine....

Oh I forgot. No houses!

IT is with deep shock and disappointment that the club will not be racing this season.

This decision was made on Friday night at a meeting in Rugby that my fellow promoter Neil Watson attended.

There was no indication at all to suggest the future of Coventry Speedway was the subject of debate. In fact, the meeting covered far more important matters within the sport.

Their decision was relayed to me during that evening, and rightly or wrongly I waited for the BSPA press release which arrived Sunday morning. I read this at 11.00am and notified the riders at 11.16. I now accept I should have notified them sooner and can only apologise.

Only the night before, I attended the NSSC fans forum with Jim Lynch to give the fans an update on Brandon and to discuss the team and our plans for racing at Leicester. Like I say, I am still in shock with what has happened.

It was never going to be easy getting through this season but we were optimistic that the Coventry fans would still come and watch. With the funds available to the club, we estimated a break even figure of 800-900 fans which, with a good team like ours, was achievable. On top of this we had a promise of funding which the BSPA were involved in discussions with. Sadly, this promise did not materialise.

I accept fans are very frustrated and want to blame someone, and the finger can be pointed in several directions. I may be guilty in some eyes, but in my defence I can only state the facts:

1. I did not sell the stadium;

2. I did not remove the fixture and fittings;

3. I did not bring about the ongoing criminal proceeding that Brandon Estates are still pursuing.

I paid Mr Sandhu £200,000 plus VAT for the club and now I have lost it all. Am I bitter? Yes I am, but I know we are where we are, and the most important priority for me now is to do the right thing to ensure the Bees can come back next season stronger, and hopefully racing in Coventry. To do this I know I have to step aside and invite offers to take the club to the next level.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Cllr Michael Stokes who has been one of our greatest campaigners, his enthusiasm and desire to help both speedway and stocks has not gone unrecognised by the fans.

I would like to thank the riders for their continued loyalty to the club during unsettling times during the last few months, they are true professionals and I believe they will find teams sooner rather than later.

I would like to thank the sponsors and the staff who have stuck by us for many years, Buildbase, Teng Tools and NGK have been fantastic.

I want to thank my fellow promoter Neil Watson, who not only has been with me through my speedway days, he has helped me through some darkest times of my life - he is my friend.

A big thank-you to many of my fellow promoters who have supported me for many years.

I would like to thank the fans of one the greatest clubs in speedway, you have been the best for so many years.

Lastly I want to thank my family who have been by my side during all the good and the bad times at Coventry.

Mick Horton

• Like 5

IT is with deep shock and disappointment that the club will not be racing this season.

This decision was made on Friday night at a meeting in Rugby that my fellow promoter Neil Watson attended.

There was no indication at all to suggest the future of Coventry Speedway was the subject of debate. In fact, the meeting covered far more important matters within the sport.

Their decision was relayed to me during that evening, and rightly or wrongly I waited for the BSPA press release which arrived Sunday morning. I read this at 11.00am and notified the riders at 11.16. I now accept I should have notified them sooner and can only apologise.

Only the night before, I attended the NSSC fans forum with Jim Lynch to give the fans an update on Brandon and to discuss the team and our plans for racing at Leicester. Like I say, I am still in shock with what has happened.

It was never going to be easy getting through this season but we were optimistic that the Coventry fans would still come and watch. With the funds available to the club, we estimated a break even figure of 800-900 fans which, with a good team like ours, was achievable. On top of this we had a promise of funding which the BSPA were involved in discussions with. Sadly, this promise did not materialise.

I accept fans are very frustrated and want to blame someone, and the finger can be pointed in several directions. I may be guilty in some eyes, but in my defence I can only state the facts:

1. I did not sell the stadium;

2. I did not remove the fixture and fittings;

3. I did not bring about the ongoing criminal proceeding that Brandon Estates are still pursuing.

I paid Mr Sandhu £200,000 plus VAT for the club and now I have lost it all. Am I bitter? Yes I am, but I know we are where we are, and the most important priority for me now is to do the right thing to ensure the Bees can come back next season stronger, and hopefully racing in Coventry. To do this I know I have to step aside and invite offers to take the club to the next level.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Cllr Michael Stokes who has been one of our greatest campaigners, his enthusiasm and desire to help both speedway and stocks has not gone unrecognised by the fans.

I would like to thank the riders for their continued loyalty to the club during unsettling times during the last few months, they are true professionals and I believe they will find teams sooner rather than later.

I would like to thank the sponsors and the staff who have stuck by us for many years, Buildbase, Teng Tools and NGK have been fantastic.

I want to thank my fellow promoter Neil Watson, who not only has been with me through my speedway days, he has helped me through some darkest times of my life - he is my friend.

A big thank-you to many of my fellow promoters who have supported me for many years.

I would like to thank the fans of one the greatest clubs in speedway, you have been the best for so many years.

Lastly I want to thank my family who have been by my side during all the good and the bad times at Coventry.

Mick Horton

So that seems like the finger is pointed at avtar Sandhu

So that seems like the finger is pointed at avtar Sandhu

He can point all he likes but theres definitely one lie/fib/bit of false information in there!

Kenneth Bjerre posted at 5pm he hadn't heard from anyone at the club for 24 hours.

He can point all he likes but theres definitely one lie/fib/bit of false information in there!

Kenneth Bjerre posted at 5pm he hadn't heard from anyone at the club for 24 hours.

Harris and Bates indicate the same thing.

Seems odd tho.

• Like 1

And king said that he hasn't been contacted. And that was at 15:00 today

• Like 1

But he does state that funding was list that the BSPA were involved in in some way. Maybe the rumour that Tsunami has been doing his best to rubbish was true? Or maybe just another lie.

I do know that statement has for me, done Horton more damage than good.

If this is defence before anyone else has had anything to say then Christ it looks bad for him!

Edited by SCB

why didn't Mick Horton sort the lease before going on holiday?

• Like 2