British Speedway Forum

It's amazing given Hortons record people take his word as gospel and his side the story add to that the clubs he's closed down before ...you only look at what the rider say about sadhu (all good ) and Then Horton all bad .

• Like 1

It's amazing given Hortons record people take his word as gospel and his side the story add to that the clubs he's closed down before ...you only look at what the rider say about sadhu (all good ) and Then Horton all bad .

Like? Lets stick to facts, the guy is a walking disaster but how many clubs has he closed down?

Peterborough he sold to his brother mid-season, who in turn sold to Rick Frost mid-season, who then left the club for dead until Horton come along and gave them another season before leaving them in a mess but that was no different to where they were when he took over.

Mildenhall, bought then, took them PL, sold them to Simon Barton. Yet 18 month later the oh so wonderfuil Buster Chapman bought the club, stripped the assets and left the club for dead.

He's made some shocking claims, said some stupid things but I don't get all this closing clubs down nonsense.

He can point all he likes but theres definitely one lie/fib/bit of false information in there!

Kenneth Bjerre posted at 5pm he hadn't heard from anyone at the club for 24 hours.

Danny King who was his captain and was interviewed on CWR confirmed that he had heard nothing from the club to this day, so Bjerre and King at least are contradicting what Horton has claimed. It is hard to understand why Horton would claim something, that riders had already stated hadn't happened. It will surely now call into question the validity of everything else he says. The one good thing at least,is that he now accepts, he needs to go,for the club to have any chance of survival.

• Like 4

This is the death knell of our beloved club and team. UNLESS there is someone out there who would be interested in taking over a great club with so much history he/she would have to be a fanatic because we now have no team, no track, Nobody who will lead us into 2018. Who is out there to lead a fight, not a load of disgruntled fans but a brave leader who can see past Sandhu. Brandon Estates ???????? etc. We have been sold down the river by business/not speedway people and that's why we are in a mess. We news a strong person but who is it?.

Edited by abbo

Real shame for Coventry not to be racing in 2017, sad loss for British speedway in general, what would the possibility been for the bees racing but using other tracks just for a season to fulfill the season, and keep riders in a job, I have been watching speedway for a long time and surely for a speedway fan not just the bees fans, just to see them racing no matter where is good for the sport.

No way Horton has lost 200 grand, he ain't got a pot to p--- in !!

It's true it cost him that to buy the club, well that was the figure I heard at the time. Some other parts of the statement were utter rubbish though like telling riders etc.

It's true it cost him that to buy the club, well that was the figure I heard at the time. Some other parts of the statement were utter rubbish though like telling riders etc.

Also about not knowing what Fridays meeting was about, hence why he didn't attend!

Well it was obvious to me that we wouldn't see Horton and Co again, I texted the same thing to two fellow members yesterday, then low and behold it happened. Good riddance for me. If we do come back it will be far better without him.

• Like 3

Well it was obvious to me that we wouldn't see Horton and Co again, I texted the same thing to two fellow members yesterday, then low and behold it happened. Good riddance for me. If we do come back it will be far better without him.

I think getting rid of Horton was part of the plan.

• Like 1

I think getting rid of Horton was part of the plan.

So do I

Wonder what trick they have up their sleeves next?

Edited by Jacques

So do I

Wonder what trick they have up their sleeves next?

Who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if Stox ran at Brandon at some point this year.

Who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if Stox ran at Brandon at some point this year.

Quite!!

I'm staggered that anyone would pay £200,000 for a speedway club :o