British Speedway Forum

They've probably already been sold on EBay. :lol: In fact the 2010 trophy fetched a brilliant price as my source has told me Matt bought that one as he was determined to get his hands on it somehow. :P

That made me smile Gemini. :)

Good one. :t::D:D

• Like 2

They've probably already been sold on EBay. :lol: In fact the 2010 trophy fetched a brilliant price as my source has told me Matt bought that one as he was determined to get his hands on it somehow. :P

Very good Gem! :D:D

• Like 1

Even though we knew it was coming just seeing it makes me very sad. This place has been part of my life since the age of 4, I'm now 35.

It really is sad to see. We must hope that permission is not granted at least until a new site is found and approved for a new home for the Bees.

You make me feel old :lol:. I first went to Brandon in the early 1960's and have many happy memories of British Finals and and Aces visits over the last 50 or so years.

It really is sad to see. We must hope that permission is not granted at least until a new site is found and approved for a new home for the Bees.

You make me feel old :lol:. I first went to Brandon in the early 1960's and have many happy memories of British Finals and and Aces visits over the last 50 or so years.

I think and hope that it won't be easy for them to get permission. We all understand that there is certainly no long term future at Brandon but we can hope if/when permission is granted a new site must be part of it and/or Brandon Estates must provide funds for it.

woz01, on 17 Oct 2017 - 4:53 PM, said:

I think and hope that it won't be easy for them to get permission. We all understand that there is certainly no long term future at Brandon but we can hope if/when permission is granted a new site must be part of it and/or Brandon Estates must provide funds for it.

I agree.... Grant them permission for the homes on the day the first meeting at Coventry Bees new home takes place .. I am sure Brandon Estates would be up for it . I always thought when visiting Brandon that its quiet a well to do area ( compared with where I live ) with some lovely large houses ..What do the local residents feel about a housing estate being built in their backyard ? Would the price of their properties fall ?

I agree.... Grant them permission for the homes on the day the first meeting at Coventry Bees new home takes place .. I am sure Brandon Estates would be up for it . I always thought when visiting Brandon that its quiet a well to do area ( compared with where I live ) with some lovely large houses ..What do the local residents feel about a housing estate being built in their backyard ? Would the price of their properties fall ?

You could start a Campaign on that. :t:

• Like 2

They are certainly not happy! Brandon is a village and it will double the size of it, infrastructure isn't in place for 140 odd new homes. They've reduced the number of houses and added some open areas with paths for dog walkers etc. How long after the houses are built will they want to build more on these open areas?

• Like 1

They are certainly not happy! Brandon is a village and it will double the size of it, infrastructure isn't in place for 140 odd new homes. They've reduced the number of houses and added some open areas with paths for dog walkers etc. How long after the houses are built will they want to build more on these open areas?

So true Warren. I have an employee who lives down the road from the stadium and he and all his neighbors are not happy. Most have objected but the council have just said they will take into account all residents views! :cry:

https://twitter.com/jeffdavies170/status/818111120682655744

I realise this video has been around for a while , but it is an opportune moment to remind us of the history of Brandon Stadium.

Don't forget to switch on the sound.

Great memories in there Dave. Been going since 1972! :cry:

• Like 1

So true Warren. I have an employee who lives down the road from the stadium and he and all his neighbors are not happy. Most have objected but the council have just said they will take into account all residents views! :cry:

Great memories in there Dave. Been going since 1972! :cry:

My first ever speedway meeting was at Brandon in 1959 . I'd been to Silverstone with two work mates to a vintage car race meeting and they introduced me to speedway on the way home.I was hooked!! :D

Just to add ..... Watching the video tugged on the heart strings a little.

Edited by Dave Jones
  • Like 2