British Speedway Forum

Stop sugar coating it, the team is shocking. Poole and Rye house are miles better and so will wolves be.

I don't think he is sugarcoating it. Woz tends to be positive/optimistic about Coventry. Must be quite difficult at times!

They have made a statement .... about the team being complete.

So I remain completely on the side that the fans are

only scare mongering at this stage.

It's clear there is an intent to run next year.

I'm sure they intend to run but someone trying to make it difficult to do that!

Neil Watson heard the fear on this forum from supporters about the rumoured side, yet they carried on regardless. Don't say you wasn't warned when no one turns up!!

Most important to get the local paper to report what is happening to the stadium. Get the face and name of the perpetrator out there in the press. The stripping is simply spite as the seats and shale, lighting etc have no real intrinsic value but by stripping will make the stadium untenable for the people using it.

The local rag need to be bombarded!

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 3

Most important to get the local paper to report what is happening to the stadium. Get the face and name of the perpetrator out there in the press. The stripping is simply spite as the seats and shale, lighting etc have no real intrinsic value but by stripping will make the stadium untenable for the people using it.

The local rag need to be bombarded!

Ive messaged local media but not had a reply but i understand it's will be out in the press Monday morning with a statement from Coventry Stox. Coventry Speedway have the intention to run there isn't much doubt about that. Edited by woz01

This has to be the worst Cov Bees team I have seen by far! Was only 2 seasons ago King was a 2nd string and Garrity a reserve. Now King is our No.1 and Garrity is our 3rd heat leader and they want us to pay £17 to see this! Shocking! When I 1st started going speedway we had Hamill, Hancock, Jonsson and Richardson. Sad state what British speedway has come to!!

• Like 2

This has to be the worst Cov Bees team I have seen by far! Was only 2 seasons ago King was a 2nd string and Garrity a reserve. Now King is our No.1 and Garrity is our 3rd heat leader and they want us to pay £17 to see this! Shocking! When I 1st started going speedway we had Hamill, Hancock, Jonsson and Richardson. Sad state what British speedway has come to!!

It's basically last year PL with a bit more quality, British speedway can't afford the top stars anymore. I have to say though riders do improve I remember the riders you named being reserves too at one point, riders all have to start somewhere.

• Like 2

Guys, people need to wake up, SS has suggested what to do, you really need loval media, local radio to get down to Brandon and find out whats happening, its all very well saying there is intent to run, but at what cost?. Would anyone really spend thousands of pounds just to run for 1 season, I mean Im hearing there allegedly monies owed and people in the know have been told to get up there and get out what they can.. dont know really whats true, and what isnt.. but for a fact there are people up there this weekend getting even more stuff out of Brandon.

I can't copy the link. But on the Save Coventry Speedway fb page there is a picture of part of the stand. The seats have gone!!

15181330_10211714128999304_8542587617573

I don't care about the seats. I care about the stuff needed to run, seats doesn't really matter.

• Like 2

I don't care about the seats. I care about the stuff needed to run, seats doesn't really matter.

Seats matter to a lot of Speedway supporters because they're required to attend.

Right now the main stand will be closed to the public because it poses an health and safety risk.

No doubt the inside of that main stand will look like it's been ransacked if the rest is anything to go by.

It really looks like a real sorry state of affairs right now.

Health and safety will have a big say on how 2017 goes, Horton may have no say on it at all

• Like 1