British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
guitar_art

Birmingham V Kings Lynn 3rd Aug

Taken from Birminghams website: -

BIRMINGHAM boss Graham Drury wants to see a packed out Perry Barr as their Kids Go Free promotion gets underway with a mouth-watering clash against King’s Lynn on Wednesday (7.30).

The reigning National League Champions will be admitting all under-16’s free of charge for their four home meetings in August as they aim to get the next generation of supporters onto the terraces.

The Perry Barr outfit currently sit nine points clear at the top of the third tier and will be looking to make it seven wins on the spin against the Young Stars.

Drury reckons Wednesday’s fixture could be one of the meetings of the season and believes it will take another all-round team performance to see off the Norfolk side.

“King’s Lynn are a dangerous team on their day and they have play-off aspirations of their own,” said Drury.

“Some of their results this year haven’t surprised me at all because prior to the start of the season I thought they looked a very solid side and that’s proved to be the case so far.

“With our riders riding out of their skin this year, I think we’re all in for a very entertaining meeting on Wednesday and we’re certainly going to have to dig deep to get another win on the board I feel.

“This should be another terrific advert for National League racing and hopefully we’ll have plenty of support on the terraces to spur the boys on.”

The Brummies have drafted in Mildenhall racer Danny Halsey to guest at No. 1 in place of the injured Zach Wajtknecht.

Said Drury: “Danny rode remarkably well, scoring 11 points, for Mildenhall when he came to Perry Barr last week.

“He was disappointed with his score for us when he guested at Eastbourne and was desperate to get another chance to prove himself.

“He impressed a lot of people with the way he rode last Wednesday and I’m sure he’ll be fired up to get some more points while guesting for us against King’s Lynn.”

Prior to the start of the meeting, supporters will also have the chance to walk the Perry Barr circuit with the Birmingham riders.

With gates opening at 6.15, interested supporters are urged to arrive early and make their way straight round to the pits area with the track walk taking place between 6.30 and 6.40 only.

Said Drury: “This is a great opportunity for the youngsters to step onto the track and feel what a speedway surface is really like.

“All of our riders will be walking round with them and they’ll be explaining the different conditions.

“We’ve got a good bunch of lads and they’ll be happy to answer any questions supporters have on the walk and will be more than happy to pose for a few photographs on the track itself as well.”

BIRMINGHAM: Danny Halsey, Tom Bacon, Danyon Hume, Darryl Ritchings, Tom Perry, Jack Smith, Jack Parkinson-Blackburn.

KING’S LYNN: Josh Bailey, Scott Campos, Ryan Kinsley, Tom Stokes, Nathan Greaves, Lewis Whitmore, Shane Hazelden.

I think kings Lynn could nick a win here or at least a last heat decided.

Bailey in form of his career, Hazelden seems to be firing at reserve, greaves rode their last season, just need stokes campos and Kingsley to all chip in and s result could be possible

I think it will be closer then perhaps many would think. The young stars are a decent side, with riders that have gone well here before. Looking forward to seeing Bailey ride again, good young racer.

Will be interesting to see how Halsey goes. He was superb last week so very much hoping for a repeat performance.

I don't suppose this meeting is being covered by Radio WM ? I do know they cover some Midlands matches, but not sure if they only do the Elite League with Wolves? Anybody know, as I can't see anything on their web site schedule.

I don't suppose this meeting is being covered by Radio WM ? I do know they cover some Midlands matches, but not sure if they only do the Elite League with Wolves? Anybody know, as I can't see anything on their web site schedule.

Would be very surprised if this isn't covered - they've done most of our meetings this season

KLYS do not have the best away record but have been very fast at home, apart from against Birmingham

I think Birmingham will win but they will need to be aware of KL's ability if it all clicks

15 points from Josh last week and with PL experience now at Scunthorpe. Pocket rocket.

Ryan at 2 will need to get it together tonight

Scott is reliable and will need to get everything working well, a good team leader

Nathan - needs to show what he can do, on his day is a very fast, hard rider. Rides PL with Sheffield

Tom - experienced now in PL with Peterborough, could be the dark horse

Lewis - only 15 but rides the boards and is not intimidated by main team riders

Shane - at 7 will be very useful, this season has really started to show his ability

Will be interesting......

WM have covered all three teams regularly through the summer months but Mike Taylor stated during last week's Birmingham match that they were taking time off before resuming later in August. He explained that they covered as many as they were able to.and they have covered a high proportion including the odd Wolves away match.

The place to check is: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/speedway/17839601

So, not tonight and we wait to see when the next match is scheduled. I suspect the team are taking holidays now the schools are out - it's only a small, if highly effective team.

Used to go to a few brum matches but not this year. They are so good at home its just to easy to prodict the result before a wheel has turned. Will be there later this season for our match there but still can only see one outcome.

KLYS may well may do well to learn from tonight as quickly as possible, put this defeat well behind them, try to get the results needed to make a late bid for the play-offs, tonight they did make starts, but were passed, especially by Danyon Hume, who together with JPB (Jack Parkinson-Blackburn) were awesome, King's Lynn were just blown away by the best team in the league.Special thanks to Brummies, guest Dan Halsey, who's fine paid max was very entertaining to watch. Nathan Greaves deserves a mention for his commitment and attitude, without his efforts the Brummies would have hit the 70 point mark.

Guest GiveusaB

I think kings Lynn could nick a win here or at least a last heat decided.

Bailey in form of his career, Hazelden seems to be firing at reserve, greaves rode their last season, just need stokes campos and Kingsley to all chip in and s result could be possible

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well done to Birmingham, KL boys will have been trying their best but this shows the disparity of teams in the league. Chances are at home on Friday KLYS will show very well against the IOW side (with all due respect to them) which will indeed confirm the difference in sides ....

Well I couldn't have been anymore wrong, sounds like a disaster for KL / Brummies on fire