British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Nigel & Kelvin

o what if they make it sound louder and more exciting. At least they know what they are talking about.

If only that was true... on both accounts!

There's a difference between actually commentating LOUDER and making moronic monkey noises and just shouting out the riders name like Pearson does whenever two riders get within a few feet of each other! He totally ruins it for me.

what do you think he should say then?? How would you or anyone else differ?? Doesnt ruin it for me, i watch the speedway and what he says is irrelevant as i dont let it bother me one way or the other..... All commentators shout, all commentators make mistakes, all commentators get excited. They are no different.

Sid waddell talked the biggest load of rubbish going in commentry but is sorely missed and well revered for example.

Ive never heard the monkey noises tbf but cant imagine them going oo oo oo ah ah ah??:)

• Like 2

what do you think he should say then?? How would you or anyone else differ?? Doesnt ruin it for me, i watch the speedway and what he says is irrelevant as i dont let it bother me one way or the other..... All commentators shout, all commentators make mistakes, all commentators get excited. They are no different.

Sid waddell talked the biggest load of rubbish going in commentry but is sorely missed and well revered for example.

Ive never heard the monkey noises tbf but cant imagine them going oo oo oo ah ah ah?? :)

I just seems to me that it it's the current trend to moan about them. I enjoy their commentary the are just enthusiastic ( maybe a little over enthusiastic at times). Yeh, they make the odd gaff, but who doesn't on live TV? If it's a good race, I'm so absorbed in it, I don't notice them anyway.. Who else would people suggest that knows anything about the sport?

• Like 3

Now Mel and Sue have quit the Great British Bake Off, I'd suggest Nige and Kelv take over.

Just imagine "how did those cherries stay on the muffins"

"Whoa, whoa , whoa " as a gingerbread house tatters before collapsing.

"Wow, how did he do that "

All at full shouting volume...perfect for Channel 4

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 3

As the dough is rising all you hear will be Pearson shouting 'It's all very tight' followed by and if it stays like this the Bakewell Tart will be the winner.

• Like 1

As the dough is rising all you hear will be Pearson shouting 'It's all very tight' followed by and if it stays like this the Bakewell Tart will be the winner.

That's no way to talk about Mary Berry !

• Like 1

I watch the YouTube Stream over here in "The States" (USA) and I thoroughly enjoy the commentary provided by NP & KT!

I watch US SuperCross coverage on a weekly basis, Summer Motocross coverage when I can - and I am a Stock Car/Flattrack/MX/SX announcer at the regional level . . . so I view commentary from both sides of the fence. And for me, personally, I enjoy their commentary when I have my "fans hat" on . . . but, at the same time, when I listen to them with my "professional hat" on, I also rank them very highly!

Two enthusiastic thumbs up from me! :)

HB

• Like 1

I watch the YouTube Stream over here in "The States" (USA) and I thoroughly enjoy the commentary provided by NP & KT!

I watch US SuperCross coverage on a weekly basis, Summer Motocross coverage when I can - and I am a Stock Car/Flattrack/MX/SX announcer at the regional level . . . so I view commentary from both sides of the fence. And for me, personally, I enjoy their commentary when I have my "fans hat" on . . . but, at the same time, when I listen to them with my "professional hat" on, I also rank them very highly!

Two enthusiastic thumbs up from me! :)

HB

Out of interest, what do you think of Ermolenko's commentary?

Guest GiveusaB

I think watching last weeks play off, only goes to prove how good Pearson/Tattum are together......Stead and King didnt cut it for me and they just highlighted how better the other 2 are!? I'm starting to warm towards Louis aswell......he asks some good questions in the interviews, as opposed to the downright obvious, from somebody else !?

You'll have to forgive my ignorance . . . but, I don't think I've ever seen/heard Ermolenko provide commentary. I just started seriously watching the Speedway GP streams around 2013 . . . during that time (and I'll admit that I have missed a couple events), I only recall Nigel and Kelvin.

HB

Out of interest, what do you think of Ermolenko's commentary?

Guest GiveusaB

You'll have to forgive my ignorance . . . but, I don't think I've ever seen/heard Ermolenko provide commentary. I just started seriously watching the Speedway GP streams around 2013 . . . during that time (and I'll admit that I have missed a couple events), I only recall Nigel and Kelvin.

HB

He usually does the Swedish leagues ???

He was an amazing rider, but a very woeful commentator imo....having said that, I'll forgive him because he is a LEGEND!!!