British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
E I Addio

Lakeside-v- Belle Vue 5 Th August.

No zagar for belle vue tonight, R/R instead. 'Tape burn to his neck' is the official reason for his absence. Don't you just love the EL!

:rofl: :rofl:

Be interesting to see what Cook says on the mic.

Best 'stand-up comedian' in Essex since Jimmy Jones!

STOP PRESS: From our club's website............R/R for Belle Vue's Matej Zagar. Ongoing 'issues' with tape burns to his neck - I kid you not!

www.lakesidehammers.co/hammers-v-aces-meeting-preview/

He had a dressing on his neck on Wednesday from a tapes burn and it was mentioned then it was a bad burn.

Seriously weakens us and can now only see a Lakeside win.

If he told Chris Morton he wouldnt be riding after Wednesday's meeting BV could have booked a guest ...... another selfish rider who doesn't give a tuppenny damn about those who pay his wages (the fans)

M25 this afternoon in all kinds of mess, could affect riders trying to get to the meeting never mind the fans be warned!

If he told Chris Morton he wouldnt be riding after Wednesday's meeting BV could have booked a guest ...... another selfish rider who doesn't give a tuppenny damn about those who pay his wages (the fans)

Would he have stayed in the UK following Wednesday's meeting? If he hasn't gone back to Slovenia, surely BV would have know a lot sooner than lunchtime today.

He had a dressing on his neck on Wednesday from a tapes burn and it was mentioned then it was a bad burn.

Seriously weakens us and can now only see a Lakeside win.

Depends if AJ has got over an apparent dose of the trots I guess.

Kennett had an headache or something the other week; AJ apparently had food poisoning on Wednesday, and now Zagar has 'tape burns' (never heard of that one before.....aren't they designed to break)?

Far cry from my first visit to Hyde Road in 1983. Bo Petersen rode with two broken ankles; and still gave PC and Morts a run for their money. He had to be lifted onto his bike; and after each race, tears were rolling down his cheeks through pain as he returned to the pits.

The sport these days is farcical enough with the custodians being clueless - let alone riders now going AWOL. I truly think, in many cases, the only thing they are suffering from is Can't Be@rsed'itis.

• Like 6

I bet Arena is one of Zagar's favourite tracks and he's just gutted that he can't be there to help out his team :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I bet Arena is one of Zagar's favourite tracks and he's just gutted that he can't be there to help out his team :rolleyes:

There are a few riders who would feel the same :wink:

• Like 1

Get well Zagar ..hope this clears up for Poland on Sunday

• Like 3

Probably thinks Swiderski is still riding for Lakeside.

Was just perusing the BV website about the Brummies match there tomorrow and noticed the excuse for Zagar not riding tonight--have to say i'm so glad we are not in the EL anymore and so enjoying life in the NL seeing mostly the same 7 riders each week with some continuity; has been muted we are moving back to PL maybe next season but i for one am happy in NL without all the dramas and riders that don't give a toss about the fans!

Don't want to sound too patronising but you can keep EL

In fact his CMA at Lakeside from the two matches last year and the one this year, discounting extra tactical ride points, is exactly 9. So in fact a track where Zagar does very well.

Was just perusing the BV website about the Brummies match there tomorrow and noticed the excuse for Zagar not riding tonight--have to say i'm so glad we are not in the EL anymore and so enjoying life in the NL seeing mostly the same 7 riders each week with some continuity; has been muted we are moving back to PL maybe next season but i for one am happy in NL without all the dramas and riders that don't give a toss about the fans!

Don't want to sound too patronising but you can keep EL

Each to their own. I have enjoyed the NL matches at Belle Vue this year but for me they don't measure up to the racing in the EL. I'm not on my own either if you look at the respective crowd numbers.

• Like 1

In fact his CMA at Lakeside from the two matches last year and the one this year, discounting extra tactical ride points, is exactly 9. So in fact a track where Zagar does very well.

Each to their own. I have enjoyed the NL matches at Belle Vue this year but for me they don't measure up to the racing in the EL. I'm not on my own either if you look at the respective crowd numbers.

Might be alright for old gits like me and you who are die hards--but how are you going to get younger ones interested from what i've seen most EL riders are disengaged from most fans and have hardly any interaction at all and are gone as soon as possible from the track--but if you're happy with that fair enough.

• Like 1