British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
E I Addio

Lakeside-v- Belle Vue 5 Th August.

But it is about finishing top and only Poole can catch Belle Vue. Thought Belle Vue would walk this even without Zagar considering Lakeside were without Kennett, who is always good for double figures. They woke up for the last two heats but that was after the horse had bolted. Can't understand Belle Vue fans happy with a losers point. If Poole had done this I would be gutted and angry!

Poole don't do anxiety. We have been there so many times and won so many titles in recent seasons. We can't win it every year that would be ridiculous but there's nothing to say about not winning it this year. With Poole riding at Belle Vue probably three times in September, we will certainly be dialled in to the quickest way around. And with a Poole team full of racers Belle Vue are not the threat. Wolves with their trick track are a far more formidable opponent with their home track advantage. They could smash anyone around Monmore.

Your chances of catching Belle Vue are getting more and more remote unless your away form improves. You will have to win both matches at the NSS and not lose again to us at Poole.

You make some interesting comments about Wolverhampton being more formidable because if the Aces finish top that is more than likely where you will be heading for the semi final.

• Like 1

But it is about finishing top and only Poole can catch Belle Vue. Thought Belle Vue would walk this even without Zagar considering Lakeside were without Kennett, who is always good for double figures. They woke up for the last two heats but that was after the horse had bolted. Can't understand Belle Vue fans happy with a losers point. If Poole had done this I would be gutted and angry!

Poole don't do anxiety. We have been there so many times and won so many titles in recent seasons. We can't win it every year that would be ridiculous but there's nothing to say about not winning it this year. With Poole riding at Belle Vue probably three times in September, we will certainly be dialled in to the quickest way around. And with a Poole team full of racers Belle Vue are not the threat. Wolves with their trick track are a far more formidable opponent with their home track advantage. They could smash anyone around Monmore.

I am sure then that Belle vue will pick Lakeside/Swindon and give you Wolves in the semis.

ps beat me to it Aces 51 lol

Edited by B.V 72

Your chances of catching Belle Vue are getting more and more remote unless your away form improves. You will have to win both matches at the NSS and not lose again to us at Poole.

You make some interesting comments about Wolverhampton being more formidable because if the Aces finish top that is more than likely where you will be heading for the semi final.

Yes your right and i even with my most optimistic head on i can't see us catching you, not sure the Wolves track is all that scary for us as we have some riders who go quite well there and over two legs shouldn't be a problem.

PS Lakeside v Belle Vue ;)

Hope so have you seen the latest agg score.

Plus Swindon seem to like our track to much for my liking.

Edited by B.V 72

Yes your right and i even with my most optimistic head on i can't see us catching you, not sure the Wolves track is all that scary for us as we have some riders who go quite well there and over two legs shouldn't be a problem.

Given our 2 performances at Wimborne road this year it would make you overwhelming favourites if we are paired together in the PO's.

Like you say over 2 legs 'shouldn't be a problem'. :wink:

And yet another thread gets hijacked by the mob from Dorset; and spirals into the blue hole of rhetoric and nothingness. Yawn. zzzzz

• Like 2

Just a footnote to last night. Want to say a big thank you to the two Hammers fans in the Raceway Tavern who on hearing I had a 45 min wait for taxi back to hotel, went out of their way to give me a lift back.

We have our team rivalries but overall speedway fans are a special bunch. Thanks again lads. ☺️

• Like 5

Poole could catch Belle Vue......bu they wont

Belle Vue top and will choose no doubt Lakeside or Swindon which leaves Poole with the daunting task of Wolves in the semi final.

Belle Vue are quite clearly the best team in the league this season which is hugely surprising as Poole on paper look far stronger

• Like 1

Poole could catch Belle Vue......bu they wont

Belle Vue top and will choose no doubt Lakeside or Swindon which leaves Poole with the daunting task of Wolves in the semi final.

Belle Vue are quite clearly the best team in the league this season which is hugely surprising as Poole on paper look far stronger

You be in trouble from the Lakeside fans, this is our thread and your not allowed to discuss any other team on it!

• Like 1

It was an excellent meeting last night with some very good racing. With zagar in their side the aces could have nicked a win. Not a bad crowd considering the horrendous traffic problems in the surrounding areas.

It's about time we ditched the Friday race night and raced Saturday instead, we don't race Grand Prix weeks anyway so what difference would it make? Our next home meeting is ironically on a Saturday!

It's about time we ditched the Friday race night and raced Saturday instead, we don't race Grand Prix weeks anyway so what difference would it make? Our next home meeting is ironically on a Saturday!

the crowds have always been very good at arena on Saturdays.

An impressive performance by the Aces tonight. Zagar would have scored more than we got from r/r but to be fair so would Kennett. However, I feel confident that Fricke on present form would have done better than Morris.

Another away point gained to consolidate our position at the top of the league.

There is certainly interaction with the fans at BV. Last year at Kirky Lane the riders used to walk through the crowd on the terraces at the end of the meeting to chat, pose for photographs and give autographs. That is not practical with the all seater grandstand at the NSS but we now have after meeting press conferences in the Peter Craven suite which riders attend, on Wednesday it was Zagar, Cook and Jacobs and fans can ask questions and later take photos and get autographs. So far they have been popular, plenty of fans have stayed behind to attend.

Anyone coming to the NSS who is not impressed with the standard of racing on offer is never going to like speedway.

My last comment on this--we had a rider last year Adam Kirby (yes he fell off a lot) he picked up some awful burn injuries towards the end of the season and i know he rode in great pain in the latter stages of the season but he kept riding although not scoring many but it helped us win the league---how different to Zagar with a "tapes burn" :rofl: it cost you a win and shows no real loyalty---sooner have a lad with Kirbys spirit tbh!!