British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Coventry V Swindon, Monday 8th August 7.30 Live On Sky

Wow you can read! I literally said that exact thing in my post, move along now and stop wasting my and everyone else's time.

I can read,thanks.

I don't understand track preparation and I do know that stock cars produce deep ruts but why does the track have to be slick? Where does all the surplus shale go? As it happens Coventry won on the night anyway but it wasn't their usual track and maybe Swindon were expecting something different as well. Certainly Chris Louis was.

They flattened all the ruts out, spreading the shale about then they run heavy equipment round and round pressing the shale into a solid base, then when hard they rough up the surface with spikes. It is a very difficult job to get it right as they have to rely on working the shale and take into account the weather which can either dry out the track or make it damp.

Absolutely diabolical performance from Swindon, only Jason and Rohan showed any signs of beating the opposition.

It must be too late now for us to get anywhere near the playoffs unless Rosco gets the riders together at a track and gets them to sort out their bikes or themselves. The alternative is to replace a couple of the riders but I cannot see that happening.

So it looks like our last home meeting will be against Poole on 22nd.

Agree, dreadful showing from most of the team. The big let down frankly has been Nick who must have been expected to be a good number two in the averages, and a move may now re-start his career.

Swindon do have a home match v Leicester to fit in, moved from Aug 18 to make way for a trip to King's Lynn.

Edited by remembertheracers

But Coventry fans say he should get the boot with all those extra points to play with......etc etc... Rather than axe wobbler Garrity for a ten point man.

Like to see Woryna at Pooole next season.

Not bad for a wobbler though Garrity is he he has been terrific coming back from injury.I wonder if Newman/Ellis wish they had reached as many British Finals as Jason.? As for Bates last night a great night very unlucky not to have been picked for Belle Vue.

Not bad for a wobbler though Garrity is he he has been terrific coming back from injury.I wonder if Newman/Ellis wish they had reached as many British Finals as Jason.? As for Bates last night a great night very unlucky not to have been picked for Belle Vue.

Not unlucky, the right decision was made :)

Agree, dreadful showing from most of the team. The big let down frankly has been Nick who must have been expected to be a good number two in the averages, and a move may now re-start his career.

Swindon do have a home match v Leicester to fit in, moved from Aug 18 to make way for a trip to King's Lynn.

Had not realised we had a meeting against Leicester at home to fit in.

I see in Roscos report he is very concerned but possibly he should have taken tougher action earlier starting with getting the riders to sort out their equipment and then themselves as it may now be too late for this season. I do not remember a behind closed doors session, in fact this thursday is a free day at the track for them to get up to the stadium and sort out the issues.

Edited by A ORLOV

No he was unlucky. British Under 21 champion and currently 3rd in the under 21 world series, despite riding with injuries.

Cant quote Newman and Ellis in the same sentence as Garrity, he is miles ahead of both. Ellis in time may get there but Newman has reached his level

Had not realised we had a meeting against Leicester at home to fit in.

I see in Roscos report he is very concerned but possibly he should have taken tougher action earlier starting with getting the riders to sort out their equipment and then themselves as it may now be too late for this season. I do not remember a behind closed doors session, in fact this thursday is a free day at the track for them to get up to the stadium and sort out the issues.

Agree with the sentiment, although I do think there have been a couple of sessions at the Abbey.....this particular Thursday I believe is free for a reason...Sheffield v Somerset

Edited to add, looks like Zielona Gora are also in action

Edited by Reliant Robin
  • Like 1

Agree with the sentiment, although I do think there have been a couple of sessions at the Abbey.....this particular Thursday I believe is free for a reason...Sheffield v Somerset

Edited to add, looks like Zielona Gora are also in action

Had no idea about the other meetings this thursday.

No he was unlucky. British Under 21 champion and currently 3rd in the under 21 world series, despite riding with injuries.

Was any of that done at BV?

He has had a brilliant comeback from being out since June with a broken arm.

He got a full 15pt Max in his first PL meeting and then scored paid 17 at Leicester.

Had problems with bikes last night but still won two races. Got to love a Garrity interview. Lad had such a love for the sport which is great to see.

Was any of that done at BV?

No it was done at 3 other British tracks plus a German track which is great.

We get that you just don't like Bates.

Those of us who don't support Poole can give him credit for being British U21 Champion twice, doing well in current World U21 series and on a brilliant display last night

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

Are you lot going to bang on about Ellis and Bates for the rest of your lives? Talk about belling me up! ZZZZZf*****g fest or what?! Let's just hope both develop and in any case of it wasnt for the ridiculous under 21 reserves ruling we probably wouldnt be having to listen or read such inane drivel , both good talents very much different types of rider and personality let it go ffs people, as for Newman who keeps getting dragged into this his career is totally different to those two and will quite probably remain a average to reasonable PL rider with an inflated EL average i personally rate Starke higher but still wouldnt have him in the same bracket eventually as the two that keep getting banged on about.

• Like 1

He has had a brilliant comeback from being out since June with a broken arm.

He got a full 15pt Max in his first PL meeting and then scored paid 17 at Leicester.

Had problems with bikes last night but still won two races. Got to love a Garrity interview. Lad had such a love for the sport which is great to see.

No it was done at 3 other British tracks plus a German track which is great.

We get that you just don't like Bates.

Those of us who don't support Poole can give him credit for being British U21 Champion twice, doing well in current World U21 series and on a brilliant display last night

But in the world cup you need horses for courses and gating is very important against world class riders. Ellis was the right decision.

No, I am not a fan of Bates mainly cos of his attitude. However, he did come across better last night. So slightly warmer to him than i was!

Get a bit fed up reading Ellis or Bates debates to be honest, they are both British and could both be quite goodshould celebrate both rather than constantly doing most readers of this forums ** in.

What does Nick Morris do to resuscitate his career.went a bit pear shaped for him this season.

There is still time for Nick if he looks how long it took Doyley to get rides in foreign leagues & it will be interesting to see if he doubles up again next season.

Nothing wrong with ambition but the move to trying Poland has proved a bad decision as he has had a lack of track time.

He certainly had pressure put on him to try & be the 2nd heatleader as well.

Not going on last night it wasn't, beat Doyley on merit.Also Bates has a superior record so far in International speedway you cannot deny that.

But in the world cup you need horses for courses and gating is very important against world class riders. Ellis was the right decision.

No, I am not a fan of Bates mainly cos of his attitude. However, he did come across better last night. So slightly warmer to him than i was!

Ellis he has not even rode Belle Vue has he? also being a gater is not as important at this Belle Vue as there are so many racing lines.Bates in the British Final heat 1 rode Belle Vue well beat Cook took the Champion King a few laps to pass him just think Bates does not get the credit he deserves.
  • Like 1