British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Wolves V Belle Vue 8/8/16

So there we have it. Wolves cheating to fit in Woffinden. If for example a Poole rider had scored 0,0,0 after coming second in the SEC on Saturday, with the intention of being swapped out of the team for a bigger rider, who just so happens to have an average so close to the rider that he is replacing that said rider dare not win a heat, there would have been uproar on here. Poole cheats etc etc etc. But not a wisper of anything untoward. Double standards?

Woffinden should be riding EL anyway. Hopefully he will be back full time in 2017.

Who's saying wolves were cheating last nite, they were outgated and out rode by a team who wanted it more, I can't see the Joonas/Tai swop happening IMO , so let's wait a while before anyone accuses anyone of cheating .
  • Like 1

So there we have it. Wolves cheating to fit in Woffinden. If for example a Poole rider had scored 0,0,0 after coming second in the SEC on Saturday, with the intention of being swapped out of the team for a bigger rider, who just so happens to have an average so close to the rider that he is replacing that said rider dare not win a heat, there would have been uproar on here. Poole cheats etc etc etc. But not a wisper of anything untoward. Double standards?

Woffinden should be riding EL anyway. Hopefully he will be back full time in 2017.

Steve, you obviously don't do irony :rofl:

If Woffie does join Wolves or any of the other 3 qualifying teams for the play offs i would not say it is cheating at all if the rules allow it then fans can't complain about it Wolves or whoever will have done nothing wrong.

But for me it is the biggest problem with the play offs that this can happen.All 4 teams will have battled all season to get into the play offs and all 4 teams will have earned their right to be there with the team members they have(inj replacements and like for like early season changes are ok to me)The play offs are then the time to see who is the best team through a knockout system.So any team who just for the play offs brings in a highly paid ringer will pi$$ off the other teams and their fans no end.After all what was the whole season all about it just makes the sport look ridiculous and possibly make even more fans walk away.If said team then goes on to win every fan in the country will feel that said team did not deserve it and only won because of the ringer.When the truth is if a team is good enougth to reach the play offs then they could on the night be good enougth to win it and if so then everone will know that said team deserved to win it fair and square.Then the sport can hold its head up high knowing one of the best 4 teams over a full season was good enougth to win the play offs and be crowned champions.

• Like 4

Now the rumour I heard was that Tai was coming in at the end of the month. Joonas' 000 means that can't happen now. So either Woffy comes in sooner or doesn't come in at all. Joonas probably knew this, hence the 000 so he would keep his job.

Now the rumour I heard was that Tai was coming in at the end of the month. Joonas' 000 means that can't happen now. So either Woffy comes in sooner or doesn't come in at all. Joonas probably knew this, hence the 000 so he would keep his job.

Without a doubt it is 100% the right move for Wolves to make to bring in Woffinden if at all possible.

I can't see how anyone could protest either, he's a Wolves rider and folk are moaning he doesn't ride in the UK :).

Seriously though, as much as I wish it would happen, I just cannot see it. Hopefully the Wolves promotion will surprise me and show just how much they do want to win or at least attempt to win the title this year.

That being said, we're not due this year anyway....

Dear me, this post is approaching Starman levels of idiocy!

• Like 2

So after checking a few things.

Tai's last fixture in Sweden is August 16th.

The last league match in Poland is August 21st. At the moment his team are not in the play-offs and could be out of them by end of this weekend.

Wolves next fixture is 22nd August.

We all know the main issue for Tai is the travel schedule... well that travel schedule will be gone. Even if his Polish team reaches the play-offs he wouldn't have Sweden on the Tuesday after Wolves on the Monday, which is the killer.

In addition Tai will need fixtures to stay sharp for the GP.

It's a move that benefits both parties and should be done asap.

Would love to see Woffy back at Wolves if only to make the play offs more interesting. BV will pick the 4th placed team leaving Woffy to knock out Poole. Queue 6 months of meltdowns on here from the blue tints!

If I was JK i'd do the same

if its possible and tai will do it then its a total no brainer,will cost plenty but extra revenues from the semi and possible final should cover costs and even leave a profit for the promoters! if he has no play offs in europe i think he will quite fancy it

Whatever the rules are, i simply don't like teams being able to change their sides like that just for the play offs. Doesn't matter who the rider is.

• Like 2

What makes you think theres a difference from the last Tai on just over a 7 point average and the current Tai?There shouldn't be lol

What makes you think theres a difference from the last Tai on just over a 7 point average and the current Tai?There shouldn't be lol

The difference is he hasn't the stress of a full season, just a few matches to win a team medal.

Tai is way more than a 7 point rider!

What kind of sport is speedway becoming , if youre allowed to draft the world champion in just in time for the play offs ?, no wonder speedway in this country is at a alltime low

• Like 1

The difference is he hasn't the stress of a full season, just a few matches to win a team medal.

Tai is way more than a 7 point rider!

We all know he is.But when he cant be arsed hes this n that.When he saves your season,he's the man!