British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

Doyle is just trying to wind up all the British fans. Can see it a mile off!

That's what annoys me with one or two of the Aussie riders. They seem to forget that for the majority their career was started and made in the UK, yet are quite happy to take pop at British speedway and fans.

• Like 2

On what grounds could he get into the Team Aussie?

Doesn't he have an Aussie and British passport?? If so he could ride for his 'home' country Australia!!

Doesn't he have an Aussie and British passport?? If so he could ride for his 'home' country Australia!!

He would never do that! His dad wanted him to ride for GB and he would never go back on that. People are just being silly or demonstrating their insecurity. It won't happen!

• Like 2

I really struggle to understand many thoughts on this forum...is it a pre requisite to be stupid?

The majority of Sports throughout the world have people representing them, who have either moved away or have family connections.

The sportsmen or woman choose to represent a Country which suits them, within the regulations of that sport.

Tai has chosen GB...Jason Crump could have chosen to represent GB...but it suited him to represent Oz.

It happens in all sports...why do people still need to bang on about it...Get a grip.

As for Aussies taking the piss...good for them...better than the constant whinging on nearly every topic on this forum.

No wonder we have a reputation for it.

And while I'm at it...

Loads of people sitting in their Ivory towers, voicing opinion on so many topics, as if they actually know what they are talking about...it's so cringe worthy.

And if that doesn't work...they turn on others, and spend more time slagging off forum users and talking about them instead of Speedway...this really is one of the dumbest forums in existence imo.

I know Speedway is seen as a working mans sport...but that doesn't mean you have to be thick or uneducated...it really is unbelievable on here.

If Jeremy Kyle did Speedway shows...look no further than here.

Edited by Gresham
  • Like 1

I really struggle to understand many thoughts on this forum...is it a pre requisite to be stupid?

The majority of Sports throughout the world have people representing them, who have either moved away or have family connections.

The sportsmen or woman choose to represent a Country which suits them, within the regulations of that sport.

Tai has chosen GB...Jason Crump could have chosen to represent GB...but it suited him to represent Oz.

It happens in all sports...why do people still need to bang on about it...Get a grip.

As for Aussies taking the piss...good for them...better than the constant whinging on nearly every topic on this forum.

And while I'm at it...

Loads of people sitting in their Ivory towers, voicing opinion on so many topics, as if they actually know what they are talking about...it's so cringe worthy.

And if that doesn't work...they turn on others, and spend more time slagging off forum users and talking about them instead of Speedway...this really is one of the dumbest forums in existence imo.

I know Speedway is seen as a working mans sport...but that doesn't mean you have to be thick or uneducated...it really is unbelievable on here.

And YOU are a frequent contributor.

• Like 2

He would never do that! His dad wanted him to ride for GB and he would never go back on that. People are just being silly or demonstrating their insecurity. It won't happen!

Tai has shown he is not loyal so I wouldn't be surprised

And while I'm at it...

Well why do you keep do you keep doing it then ?

And while I'm at it...

Oh the irony. Someone having a bad hair day. :o:P

• Like 2

And while I'm at it...

Gavan would be on the show 5 days a week.. Its no good him replying i have him on block. :rofl:

How does he qualify for an Australian passport? And why did he have visa problems for last year's Australian Grand Prix?

And, even if he does have an Aussie passport (and I've yet to see anyone give a valid explanation about how he has one) so what?

Is it really a sin to have links to more that one country? It's a positive thing to have.

:rofl::lol::D

Don't know why your laughing?! Certainly isn't loyal to Team GB, unless you mean we should be grateful he doesn't ride for Australia? Certainly isn't loyal to UK league racing. 3rd choice behind Poland and Sweden.

You could say he is loyal to Wolves but that's about it (unless you believe that BV was his first choice).

Don't know why your laughing?! Certainly isn't loyal to Team GB, unless you mean we should be grateful he doesn't ride for Australia? Certainly isn't loyal to UK league racing. 3rd choice behind Poland and Sweden.

You could say he is loyal to Wolves but that's about it (unless you believe that BV was his first choice).

He has to do what's best for him and gives him the best chance of success and income (bearing in mind that every race could be his last). If we had any other World-class riders they might well be the same, but we haven't (no where near) so as far as I'm concerned, all power to him, good luck to him and many more successes to him. Whether he's loyal or not, he's put two World titles and a World cup silver under the GB banner and hopefully there'll be more to come.

• Like 4

He has to do what's best for him and gives him the best chance of success and income (bearing in mind that every race could be his last). If we had any other World-class riders they might well be the same, but we haven't (no where near) so as far as I'm concerned, all power to him, good luck to him and many more successes to him. Whether he's loyal or not, he's put two World titles and a World cup silver under the GB banner and hopefully there'll be more to come.

Well said.