British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

I'm laughing at the constant nonsense that robert72 is still managing to knock out!

How's he not been loyal? He carried 3 other riders to silver this year and want's to try to change things so that he doesn't have to do it year after year as there's nobody currently good enough to back him up and there won't be for a few years yet. Therefore he has tried to liaise with the BSPA to try to change this scenario but they don't want to play ball so he's having 1 year out through frustration.

Why should he ride with 3 other team mates who won't score more than a dozen points between them year after year...?

Where have you got this information from ?
  • Like 1

Tai didnt have visa problems it was one of his mechanics

So does Tai have an Australian passport then? If so, how does he qualify for one?

Oh, and, by the way, if Tai does have an Aussie passport then Jason Doyle was correct. There were 3 Aussies on the podium because he would have 2 nationalities.

Edited by grachan

He has a BITISH passport not an Australian one because he is BRITISH not Australian.

You can have 2 passports.

My own suspicion is that he just holds a British one but if he ever got Aussie citizenship through his parents applying for it for him then he could hold both.

I've never seen it ever confirmed he holds Australian citizenship though.

You can have 2 passports.

My own suspicion is that he just holds a British one but if he ever got Aussie citizenship through his parents applying for it for him then he could hold both.

I've never seen it ever confirmed he holds Australian citizenship though.

Like Davey Watt then. No one moans about him having dual citizenship/passport!!

When I heard Woffinden say to someone "I'll stick to being a pom, it's where the money is", I lost respect for him. I fully accept that this was something like 8/9 years ago and he's probably a much changed man, but it still makes me doubt all the "I love Team GB" stuff. I don't think it makes any difference now anyway, he's had the sponsors and benefits of being a young Brit and he is now THE top. He doesn't need GB or what comes with it anymore, it's too late for anyone to bother.

• Like 1

When I heard Woffinden say to someone "I'll stick to being a pom, it's where the money is", I lost respect for him. I fully accept that this was something like 8/9 years ago and he's probably a much changed man, but it still makes me doubt all the "I love Team GB" stuff. I don't think it makes any difference now anyway, he's had the sponsors and benefits of being a young Brit and he is now THE top. He doesn't need GB or what comes with it anymore, it's too late for anyone to bother.

Oops .....

I find it sad this is still even being debated. he's ridden for GB since 2008, never EVER let the team down. The year after winning the World Championship he promoted the sport in Britain like crazy. This year at the world cup he was faultless. As a rider, a captain and fan favorite he didn't put a foot wrong. I'm baffled people are still giving him stick.

Yes he quit the EL but so have many others. Yes he's quit Team GB, but so did Lee Rico god bless him, Scotty Nic, even Bomber threatened to in the past. Yes he seems to be closer friends with the Aussie lads then the British lads, but that it's not his fault that Holder, Ward, Doyle, Batch etc were close in standard, age, popular culture to him than the British boys. And yes, he may not say stuff to everyone's liking but who in the public eye does? I happen to think for a kid who left school at 16 he's pretty eloquent and speaks well MOST of the time.

I'm not saying the guy is perfect and last year in Melbourne signing the Aus anthem and not GB anthem was not a great move. Part of me thinks he was on the wind up to those who are constantly have a dig at him. However, I for one would rather think of him as the son a British Parents, born in Scunny, seen wearing and England football shirt as a kid in Life of Tai, came here at 16 with FA dough, rode his balls off everywhere he went. Raised 100's of Thousands of pounds for BRITISH charity's and most importantly has given 100% every time he's ridden wearing the Union Jack. Everythign pretty academic to me.

• Like 8

I find it sad this is still even being debated. he's ridden for GB since 2008, never EVER let the team down. The year after winning the World Championship he promoted the sport in Britain like crazy. This year at the world cup he was faultless. As a rider, a captain and fan favorite he didn't put a foot wrong. I'm baffled people are still giving him stick.

Yes he quit the EL but so have many others. Yes he's quit Team GB, but so did Lee Rico god bless him, Scotty Nic, even Bomber threatened to in the past. Yes he seems to be closer friends with the Aussie lads then the British lads, but that it's not his fault that Holder, Ward, Doyle, Batch etc were close in standard, age, popular culture to him than the British boys. And yes, he may not say stuff to everyone's liking but who in the public eye does? I happen to think for a kid who left school at 16 he's pretty eloquent and speaks well MOST of the time.

I'm not saying the guy is perfect and last year in Melbourne signing the Aus anthem and not GB anthem was not a great move. Part of me thinks he was on the wind up to those who are constantly have a dig at him. However, I for one would rather think of him as the son a British Parents, born in Scunny, seen wearing and England football shirt as a kid in Life of Tai, came here at 16 with FA dough, rode his balls off everywhere he went. Raised 100's of Thousands of pounds for BRITISH charity's and most importantly has given 100% every time he's ridden wearing the Union Jack. Everythign pretty academic to me.

So your amazed that a so called brit get stick for quiting teamGB quiting the British Final and quiting his own league ....not sure how your baffled .

• Like 1

So your amazed that a so called brit get stick for quiting teamGB quiting the British Final and quiting his own league ....not sure how your baffled .

your as boring as Robert72. He NEVER quit the British Final can't understand why still certain people don't get that guess it's easier to say he did than acknowledge the truth. Let's see how many gp boys ride over here next year. At a guess I would say 3 or 4 tops. And if it baffles you as to why he quit team gb then again your lack of knowledge shows. Did you have a pop at Cox, Smith, Wigg, Loram, Nicholls, Richardson when they missed finals or rode for different flags or quit the national side???
  • Like 1

your as boring as Robert72. He NEVER quit the British Final can't understand why still certain people don't get that guess it's easier to say he did than acknowledge the truth. Let's see how many gp boys ride over here next year. At a guess I would say 3 or 4 tops. And if it baffles you as to why he quit team gb then again your lack of knowledge shows. Did you have a pop at Cox, Smith, Wigg, Loram, Nicholls, Richardson when they missed finals or rode for different flags or quit the national side???

Well first all tell us all why he quit team gb ..because as of yet he has giving us no reason why he not riding for team gb ...I am sure all us on this forum would like to no the reasons and how you found out about them ...and yes I have and will have a pop at any rider who quits his own league own final and own league and his home nation ...why do you ask ?

Edited by orion

He has valid reasons for all of the above. As did the other riders mentioned/. You just refuse to even acknowledge them.

• Like 2

He has valid reasons for all of the above. As did the other riders mentioned/. You just refuse to even acknowledge them.

As of yet we have no reasons why he's not riding for Team Gb so not how it's a valid reason if no one knows ...as I said it's opinions and you have yours but not sure why your amazed why he get's stick .

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

As of yet we have no reasons why he's not riding for Team Gb so not how it's a valid reason if no one knows ...as I said it's opinions and you have yours but not sure why your amazed why he get's stick .

Probably because he is the best Speedway Rider THIS COUNTRY has produced in many years. He represents the Sport and Great Britain mostly very well. He cocks up from time to time - who doesn't?

As far as which Meetings he rides - that is surely up to him. As long as he is winning World Championships for Great Britain - "frankly orion I couldn't give a damn".

(to paraphrase Rhett Butler).

Probably because he is the best Speedway Rider THIS COUNTRY has produced in many years. He represents the Sport and Great Britain mostly very well. He cocks up from time to time - who doesn't?

As far as which Meetings he rides - that is surely up to him. As long as he is winning World Championships for Great Britain - "frankly orion I couldn't give a damn".

(to paraphrase Rhett Butler).

Yet again it's a matter opinion that he respresents Great Britain well as we seen by the many comments this topic .. to me .he spends most of his times these not trying to represent Great Britain these ..but as said it's all opinions