British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

20k usd. So tai would get 5k. Based on sharing by points scored he would get approx 11k.

Being a millionaire you would think he would donate any money he gets for riding for his country to the British Ben fund but it's. About greed with him when in a national team event he wants more than the others, so pleased he has quit team gb now.

he may look back and wished he wasn't so stupid and greedy.

Are wolves paying for his bikes and mechanics to be brought over each meeting ?

Edited by robert72

$20000.

Ta

20k usd. So tai would get 5k. Based on sharing by points scored he would get approx 11k.

I make it nearer 12K, so a sum of less than 7K. Difficult to believe it would be so divisive. Surely precedent is the key to this? If it's always been split 4 ways before hard to see why it should change.

Probably because he is the best Speedway Rider THIS COUNTRY has produced in many years. He represents the Sport and Great Britain mostly very well. He cocks up from time to time - who doesn't?

As far as which Meetings he rides - that is surely up to him. As long as he is winning World Championships for Great Britain - "frankly orion I couldn't give a damn".

(to paraphrase Rhett Butler).

This post

• Like 1

Dazafl, as you know Tai can you please ask him to make a statement to clear up any speculation. Surely he wants everyone on his side and not be bad mouthed.

No, he just wants attention. I'm not sure he is bothered what form it is in.

Team GB have been paid the same for years and this year was no different.

Tai knew the pay deal and hasnt moaned about it once according to my source. He hasnt quit Team GB due to the payments at the world cup but for other reasons including the lack of support for training schools.

The BSPA already have a training school ran by Poultec. I find it funny that people have strong feelings about it but don't even do research on the matter. It's not hard to find. Edited by woz01

Interesting post dazzaf, but I am one thats not going to respond to its general content re Tai.

What I did find interesting (and sad) is your quote.... "i once thought this forum used to be great but now its splattered with some decent posts but in general its rubbish and people calling each other trolls and calling people out as liars.."

Totally agree with you, and the indications are that you and I are not alone on this thought.

I do look at the forum during a day, probably too much, but dont reply as much as I did for the very reasons you stated.

Interesting post dazzaf, but I am one thats not going to respond to its general content re Tai.

What I did find interesting (and sad) is your quote.... "i once thought this forum used to be great but now its splattered with some decent posts but in general its rubbish and people calling each other trolls and calling people out as liars.."

Totally agree with you, and the indications are that you and I are not alone on this thought.

I do look at the forum during a day, probably too much, but dont reply as much as I did for the very reasons you stated.

Not having a go at you OFFan but as I've said on another thread if all the sensible (or semi sensible in my case :P ) posters stop posting it means the idiots have won :mad:

I'm that stubborn and awkward I refuse to allow that to happen :nono: so will continue to state my opinion and just ignore the idiots.

• Like 4

We know who the trolls are and I have blocked one of the main ones. Made the place acmuch better experience.

What I posted on here yesterday wasn't a Rumour. A rumour is hearsay.

Not having a go at you OFFan but as I've said on another thread if all the sensible (or semi sensible in my case :P ) posters stop posting it means the idiots have won :mad:

I'm that stubborn and awkward I refuse to allow that to happen :nono: so will continue to state my opinion and just ignore the idiots.

But there are more of them then of us. :cry::D

• Like 1

I said when I posted about it I couldn't divulge my source so therefore its up to you to believe it, or not.

I am not in the habit of making up stories and if I thought I was being strung along with a load of balony I wouldn't have posted it.

And yes, from what I can gather there were other issues as well, including pizza gate and team attire. And there could certainly be other issues I am not privvy to.

One poster on here knows Tai personally so I'd say that he is a far more credible source than the one you 'can't' name. End of.

Tai should get the same as everybody else. Simple as. What he gets at Wolves is entirely up to them.

It's not that simple though. Who mentioned Wolves??? I didn't.

Being a millionaire you would think he would donate any money he gets for riding for his country to the British Ben fund but it's. About greed with him when in a national team event he wants more than the others, so pleased he has quit team gb now.

he may look back and wished he wasn't so stupid and greedy.

Are wolves paying for his bikes and mechanics to be brought over each meeting ?

All I'll post in response to that garbage is :rofl::rofl: :rofl:

We know who the trolls are and I have blocked one of the main ones. Made the place acmuch better experience.

What I posted on here yesterday wasn't a Rumour. A rumour is hearsay.

Oh the irony... :D

• Like 2

One poster on here knows Tai personally so I'd say that he is a far more credible source than the one you 'can't' name. End of.

I do worry about your judge of character! ;):)
  • Like 1

So, based on what's been said on here, Alex Hales got a bigger payday in the 4th one day international against Pakistan the other day, because he scored over twice as many runs than any other team member!!

I cannot believe that anyone would think that the prize money in the speedway world cup would be divided any other way than an equal percentage for each team member, and perhaps a reduced payment for a non riding reserve....

• Like 3

I do worry about your judge of character! ;):)

In what respect? And character of who?

I know for a fact that dazzafl is a personal friend of Tai, so you can't be referring to him.

It's not as simple as starman made out and I didn't mention Wolves so why he mentioned them in response to me is anyone's guess...but we all know (too much) about his character so it can't be him.

robert72 continues to post tripe about Tai, so it's not him.

And the irony comment is spot on IMO, so that's 4 out of 4.

Speaking of trolls, you seem to be following me about rather a lot recently missy poos :P:D:lol:

So, based on what's been said on here, Alex Hales got a bigger payday in the 4th one day international against Pakistan the other day, because he scored over twice as many runs than any other team member!!

I cannot believe that anyone would think that the prize money in the speedway world cup would be divided any other way than an equal percentage for each team member, and perhaps a reduced payment for a non riding reserve....

I think it's more the fact that it's been touted the reason why Tai has decided against riding for Team GB next year rather than an equal split being factually correct.

Edited by chris4gillian

In what respect? And character of who?

I know for a fact that dazzafl is a personal friend of Tai, so you can't be referring to him.

It's not as simple as starman made out and I didn't mention Wolves so why he mentioned them in response to me is anyone's guess...but we all know (too much) about his character so it can't be him.

robert72 continues to post tripe about Tai, so it's not him.

And the irony comment is spot on IMO, so that's 4 out of 4.

Speaking of trolls, you seem to be following me about rather a lot recently missy poos :P:D:lol:

I think it's more the fact that it's been touted the reason why Tai has decided against riding for Team GB next year rather than an equal split being factually correct.

Woffinden has a habit of saying things to suit him. Look at the article in the Sun where he said he rode for nothing. Even Darcy Ward called him out on that rubbish.

My source is correct, regardless of what is being denied. And it proves he is no team player by wanting more than 25% of the prize money. There is no I in team. There certainly is no Tai in team. But there is a me.

Woffinden has bought it all on himself. A real shame.

The one poster on here who knows Tai personally just defends him relentlessly , so I wouldn't pay too much attention to that, you only get the good news stories. Maybe his decision to retire from this topic and join Tai in the shadows tells its own story. If Tai Woffinden did have a genuine issue with the BSPA's running of Team GB during the World Cup then it would be out by now. I think most people around Tai Woffinden just want this story to go away

Edited by New Science
  • Like 3