British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

What gets my goat is if you dont agree with Woffinden you are not a true fan. True fans will agree with him.

What a load of tosh.

Obviously I`m not a true fan then as I find what Tai has done to be childish and arrogant, as you say a professional would put out a full statement explaining his reasons.

• Like 2

Well Mr Woffinden how about giving your side of the story, instead of a childish cryptic tweet which just causes anger and frustration?

How about doing a press release where fans can judge and discuss bith sides of the argument? I class myself as a true fan. I was at Manchester cheering on TeamGB. But your tweet and general attitude towards British Speedway makes it hard to like.

Instead of posting tweets that just stir the pot how about letting fans of the sport hear your side of the story? Then, we can make a judgment of whether you are hard done by or just an attention seeker.

Well Rory, perhaps you can tweet what is going on? Seems those in the know want to keep it amoungst themselves.

Fully agree, gives us details so we can then form an opinion with the relevant info.

Tai is very good at putting stuff up on social media to cause a reaction. Done it a few times now.

So the Team GB Manager states quite clearly on BT Sport yesterday that he has had nothing but full support from BSPA and that the 'training camps' (Croatia etc?) and the fitness/nutrition sessions will take place again for next season. Also considering test matches against the Swedes, Poles, Danes - (maybe even the Germans if we actually want to win one!) -on their tracks.

Even the BSPA chairman stated he was supportive of Tai's aspirations.

Don't understand it at all!!

NB. Isn't a certain Mr Pearson in charge of Woffy's PR etc????!

This is why I'm not convinced it's necessarily about team GB and the plans for the future.

Edited by woz01

Looks like Tai is 'calling the BSPA out'...

Get everyone talking, and plenty of rumour and speculation later, the BSPA will, (eventually) have to release some kind of statement themselves...

Rory's another who has never been shy in coming forward and voicing an opinion so his comments will lead to more conjecture. (How is his relationship with the BSPA Chairman these days by the way?)...!!

Lets hope Tai's obvious passion for Team GB isn't lost (and wasted) and the BSPA and himself can work alongside each other to build on what was a great Silver Medal performance..

• Like 1

What gets my goat is if you dont agree with Woffinden you are not a true fan. True fans will agree with him.

What a load of tosh.

It's nothing to do with true fans. It's to do with being sensible enough to wait and see what the reasons are before making a decision either way!

I'm not defending him, I'm not attacking him, simply waiting for more information before forming an opinion..

• Like 7

I find this all very sad.

The greatest Rider (possibly) that this Country has ever produced - and there are those who cannot wait to stick the boot in.

Firstly - we don't know the full facts of what has happened here. All we can do is guess.

Secondly - Tai rode his heart out for Great Britain in the World Cup, top scored, and paid his own expenses as has already been mentioned.

Oh, bless!

It's nothing to do with true fans. It's to do with being sensible enough to wait and see what the reasons are before making a decision either way!

I'm not defending him, I'm not attacking him, simply waiting for more information before forming an opinion..

I wonder what side your take then :P

• Like 3

no there wasnt there was a chance for the guys to have a blast around the track to test some engines it wasnt an

tell me another rider who provided fitness training for the team.. out of his won pocket.. who didnt take any expenses for the team. .. and had a 4 year plan to progress the youngsters in this country ???

Think I will plough on with the rest of the thread!

What exactly does "paid his own expenses" mean? Is it that he didn't make a penny, they didn't pay him points money, and his sponsors didn't contribute anything? Or more likely that he simply didn't get his Starbucks paid for?

Is there going to be a press release from Woffinden. Doesn't say anything about him issuing one.

Trouble is he seems to think he is bigger than the whole sport in this country. If he thinks the BSPA will be pushed around by him he will be in for a shock.

A real shame we have a two times British World Champion who is not universally popular. Oh for another Mark Loram.

A press release from Tai, the BSPA, Wolves or better still all three would clear matters up.

• Like 1

He's been on twitter saying he's looking forward to be back at Wolves so it seems its not about that.

Is there going to be a press release from Woffinden. Doesn't say anything about him issuing one.

Trouble is he seems to think he is bigger than the whole sport in this country. If he thinks the BSPA will be pushed around by him he will be in for a shock.

A real shame we have a two times British World Champion who is not universally popular. Oh for another Mark Loram.

Amen to that.

• Like 1

I wonder what side your take then :P

Barking up the wrong tree there I'm afraid as unlike most on this forum, if my team, or riders in my team do something dumb I will say so.

Tai has obviously made a spur of the moment tweet that perhaps wasn't wise. Clearly something has happened that has angered him.

In time the reasons will start to come out be it from a press release from Tai, or from the BSPA. Then we can begin to judge the situation.

• Like 1

Amen to that.

Absolutely Ditto!!!!

Great rider, great person....

(Mark Loram) that is.....

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 5