British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Plrc Sheffield Sunday September 11th

It has taken 16 heats to see a decent race. Good stuff from Bellego and Howarth.

I have just heard Alex Harkess say on the PA that this is very entertaining. As I see it he is either delusional or just ripping it out of the paying public. The track is atrocious and the standard of riding to date has been, to put it politely, mediocre.

• Like 4

If they all get there looks a great line up. Only really Doolan , Bellago and Holder in my opinion the only unlikely winners, everyone else is a possible winner.

Well 1 out of 3 isn't bad but Bellago and Holder like the track as is proven.

If I now had to pick, I would say Lawson.

Race of the night so far in the semi final

Well done Simon Stead.

Whilst I am glad an Englishman won, I was a bit disappointed that home track advantage won that meeting but it certainly wasn't an easy win.

Well done to David Bellego for a really good performance.

I`d like to see Simon Stead win this, home track or not, if your looking at an outsider look no further than David Bellego IMO.

;)

• Like 1

The semi final was an excellent race. The final was as well, on the face of it, but Stead has a huge home track advantage. He is by no stretch of anyone's imagination the best rider in the pl and this sort of skewed result does the sport no favours at all. In addition I thought his speech/interview was utterly graceless and gave no credit whatsoever to Masters or anyone else. I have not previously had any sympathy with the 'speedway is dying on its feet' brigade but I think I am now beginning to see that they have a point. To hear Mr. Harkess say that that was an entertaining meeting is about as clear a case of the Emperor's new clothes as anyone could wish to see. It was poor entertainment and, having been to every plrc since 2000, I will give serious thought whether to go again.

That's it, rant over.

• Like 1

I agree with other sentiments.. Good last 2 races but otherwise poor. If it's at Sheffield again next year, I'll be thinking twice about going also.

• Like 1

To be fair it was a quality field and a good achievement to win regardless of which track it was held on. I'm not sure home track advantage counts for much, if anything in a field of that quality.

That said I have never understood why the PLRC is held at Sheffield every year. It is not the only track in the PL capable of holding a big meeting like this. Always preffered it when it was held at Coventry but with so many riders doubling up now there really isn't a 'neutral' venue now.

Edited by NJC71

;)

Self satisfaction does not suit anyone,let alone someone who picks the favourite and the most likely outsider, but you do what you think is best for you "screm".

Almost like blowing your own trumpet.

Congrats to Steady. Now a change of venue please next season.

Really poor that Rye House didn't have a representative too, losing the top averaged rider the day before through injury.

Edited by macca56

I am not making any particular point about Simon Stead who has been a great servant to the sport (insert appropriate cliche) but in a high quality field it could tip the balance. As I recall Stead was poor at Brough Park this season and looked anything but a number one let alone the best rider in the league.

The comment above about the national stadium is bang on.

Self satisfaction does not suit anyone,let alone someone who picks the favourite and the most likely outsider, but you do what you think is best for you "screm".

Almost like blowing your own trumpet.

Congrats to Steady. Now a change of venue please next season.

Really poor that Rye House didn't have a representative too, losing the top averaged rider the day before through injury.

I think someone's taking this a bit to serious.

• Like 1

I am.biased but I think.it should be held at belle vue.

But I also think a great venue would be Birmingham. A great set up, a great track and good stadium. And it's middle of country

• Like 1

I have just heard Alex Harkess say on the PA that this is very entertaining.

Because of pricks like AH,I don't bother attend speedway meetings anymore!!Keep up the good work King Smuggie!! ;) Has he worked out how to buy a train ticket before he travels on the rail network? :blink: