British Speedway Forum
damosuzuki

Glasgow Vs Somerset Pl 21/08/16

Here we go again just as you think you are getting on common ground !!! If, what if, it's not fair, he got away with one more jump start than him !!!

If you look at the whole situation and the boot was on the other foot you (Glasgow) would have taken that win with spades and would have been as big a pain as you all are today about it and as Gresham says, and I have said before, the Play offs are a joke! The team that finishes top are the champions in my eye, be it Glasgow, Edinburgh or anybody else, good on 'em, if they earn it they should have the trophy, not fight all season long to amass enough points to top the league just to have a sudden death play off. All the content on here today resembles little kids playing cowboys and Indians and not taking your shots. 44 - 46 End of. I'm focused on Plymouth now and how many points we can put over them with or without guests. None of us are keen on the guest rule but that is the cards we are dealt so get on with it !!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: !!!

No there not, wether you like it or not.

And before we get the top off the league are champions brigade Eh no there not.

So you will just need to get on with it.

Yawn !!! :shock: Zzzzzzzzz!!! God, strewth, you lose the will to live !!!

Ain't that the truth :cry: .

Not looking for if's and but's fella...just pointing out that it wasn't just because of Dan Bewley that Glasgow lost.

There were many reasons as to why Glasgow lost last night.

Well, fella, notice your not defending the fact that Tungate Knows how to get away with getting flyers, and after watching Worral last season, I suppose you'll be able to identify who's best at it.

Here we go again just as you think you are getting on common ground !!! If, what if, it's not fair, he got away with one more jump start than him !!!

If you look at the whole situation and the boot was on the other foot you (Glasgow) would have taken that win with spades and would have been as big a pain as you all are today about it and as Gresham says, and I have said before, the Play offs are a joke! The team that finishes top are the champions in my eye, be it Glasgow, Edinburgh or anybody else, good on 'em, if they earn it they should have the trophy, not fight all season long to amass enough points to top the league just to have a sudden death play off. All the content on here today resembles little kids playing cowboys and Indians and not taking your shots. 44 - 46 End of. I'm focused on Plymouth now and how many points we can put over them with or without guests. None of us are keen on the guest rule but that is the cards we are dealt so get on with it !!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: !!!

Sorry if you got the impression I'm a Glasgow supporter.

Was only stating what I observed, and on from that I totally agree that Somerset were deserved winners yesterday, and should be crowned league Champions if they top the league.

But come the play offs, I'm not so sure there gona win, then again suppose you could always try and get Pontus back, but he really will need to learn to count.

Edited by speed ace

Enjoy the rest of your season boys and girls! We will, win or lose !!! Although I doubt you will because you will still be bitching about yesterdays result come Christmas Ha Ha !!! Bye bye !!!

Edited by Aroundtheboards
  • Like 1

Well, fella, notice your not defending the fact that Tungate Knows how to get away with getting flyers, and after watching Worral last season, I suppose you'll be able to identify who's best at it.

Sorry if you got the impression I'm a Glasgow supporter.

Was only stating what I observed, and on from that I totally agree that Somerset were deserved winners yesterday, and should be crowned league Champions if they top the league.

But come the play offs, I'm not so sure there gona win, then again suppose you could always try and get Pontus back, but he really will need to learn to count.

Riders are always trying to find a way of getting a flyer...all of em. It's for the ref to sort out. Been going on for years.

The point is...there are so many variables to a Speedway meeting, and so many things can go right, or wrong.

That's why imo and others, the league is won over the season, not over a few play off meetings.

As a Somerset fan...if Glasgow were to win the most points over the season, but lost in the play offs to Somerset, I would still think of Glasgow as the Champions.

We all know it's a farce for the sky Cameras...

• Like 1

Riders are always trying to find a way of getting a flyer...all of em. It's for the ref to sort out. Been going on for years.

The point is...there are so many variables to a Speedway meeting, and so many things can go right, or wrong.

That's why imo and others, the league is won over the season, not over a few play off meetings.

As a Somerset fan...if Glasgow were to win the most points over the season, but lost in the play offs to Somerset, I would still think of Glasgow as the Champions.

We all know it's a farce for the sky Cameras...

Well said and I echo these thoughts.

• Like 4

I think the playoffs are good because they add excitement, but also a sport which attempts to equalise teams by the average limit is better served by a system that doesn't just reward the nrwly assembled teams that can perform best off the bat. Would Edinburgh have signed Bewley had there been no playoffs, or would they have been more inclined to be conservative and get a solid performer with no great room for improvement.

What we witnessed yesterday was a real emerging talent . Never before has a green tractor driver shown such guile and track craft . The way he hunted down and passed the red tractor on lap 27 , and then repeated the manoeuvre 43 laps later was breathtaking . Well worth the admission money despite the speedway breaks in between

never let the speedway get in the way of a good tractor race. With all the hot air on the BS forum we could be doing with E x T r a c t o r F a n s

What we witnessed yesterday was a real emerging talent . Never before has a green tractor driver shown such guile and track craft . The way he hunted down and passed the red tractor on lap 27 , and then repeated the manoeuvre 43 laps later was breathtaking . Well worth the admission money despite the speedway breaks in between

Im sure that the Green tractor driving was a guest ,he has never been so good round Ashfield in the past,and on a 10 lap average.

Enjoy the rest of your season boys and girls! We will, win or lose !!! Although I doubt you will because you will still be bitching about yesterdays result come Christmas Ha Ha !!! Bye bye !!!

Think my account must have been hacked! No way did I 'like' this comment by a troll who is unable to understand what people are saying. So lets put it simply and i'll try and not use big words, there's been no whinging, no bitching at least not from Glasgow fans. Every Glasgow fans has accepted your team on the day deserved to win. they have just pointed out that without Dan Bewley you would have lost. Its not rocket science. if you read one of my posts you will see that I think it would be wrong for the team that finishes top of the league not to be crowned champions. However, with clowns like you I now think it would be brilliant that after you near total dominance if you were gubbed in the final, preferably by the tigers.

• Like 3

Think my account must have been hacked! No way did I 'like' this comment by a troll who is unable to understand what people are saying. So lets put it simply and i'll try and not use big words, there's been no whinging, no bitching at least not from Glasgow fans. Every Glasgow fans has accepted your team on the day deserved to win. they have just pointed out that without Dan Bewley you would have lost. Its not rocket science. if you read one of my posts you will see that I think it would be wrong for the team that finishes top of the league not to be crowned champions. However, with clowns like you I now think it would be brilliant that after you near total dominance if you were gubbed in the final, preferably by the tigers.

You should be able to click the like button again to "unlike" - if you feel so inclined (which from your comments is probably the case :wink: )

• Like 1

I love the post on here

"without dan bewley you would have lost"

well without dan bewley at rye house YOU would have lost too.

what goes around...........

• Like 2

I love the post on here

"without dan bewley you would have lost"

well without dan bewley at rye house YOU would have lost too.

what goes around...........

You read this thread 99% Glasgow Fans have stated that Somerset deserved it and Dan Bewley was the difference at both meetings haven't seen anyone disputing either meeting so from that respect i don't really see the point.

• Like 3

What's it like on here in the winter !!!???

Edited by Aroundtheboards

What's it like on here in the winter !!!???

Frosty

• Like 3

Glasgow were also "done" by Bewley at redcar, but to be fair no one complained about that. It's part of the sport and he happens to be the hot guest at present.

Be interesting to see his average for September and who is able to utilise him then!

• Like 1