British Speedway Forum
damosuzuki

Glasgow Vs Somerset Pl 21/08/16

Rule should be extended so you cannot use a guest from another top 6 club if they're also there. Makes no odds to me as I support neither side but would've been good to see Somerset trying to win with Ben Morley instead.

No matter how many times and where you move the Goal Posts ! Rebels won !!! Cut down the laps done by the tractor and that may of helped !!! I said "may"

Just reading Stewart's comments regarding the tractor grade after heat 10 admitting it killed all momentum why does someone not reel in the big guy in the green tractor then, it is the same every week he goes round continuously without a care in the world.

And to top it off he punctures the air fence at bend 2 to compound his unwillingness to leave the track in the past the referee has had to insist he leaves as he seems to be oblivious to anything other than him. the time he is on track is not needed someone needs to have a word and have no more than 5 laps instead off the 20 - 30 he is usually doing.

• Like 2

Lawson and Summers not the kind of riders in the big heats at the business end of the season.

Summers was inconsistent prior to moving to No1 and is a bit more exposed now. At the next set of averages it may be that Worrall goes to No1 and Lunna and Garcia swap.

No matter how many times and where you move the Goal Posts ! Rebels won !!! Cut down the laps done by the tractor and that may of helped !!! I said "may"

100% correct it is soul destroying.

I think the Rebels will fancy themselves over 2 legs after beating the Tigers by 16 at the OTA in the PL and then again away!

It was Charles first meeting since concussion and Bradley will surely score next better time. As for our guests naturally we benefitted from young Bewley today replacing Zac but who knows what Jake would have scored considering he topped scored for the Aussies yesterday at the under 21 SWC out scoring Fricke B Kurtz and J Holder.

Even if Jorgensen scored the same as Allen would have, Bewley got 13 more than Zac would and Wilson Dean was well off the pace. I agree if Somerset and Glasgow are to meet in the play offs it is the Somerset leg that would largely determine who progresses.

Surely the clerk of the course can tell the tractor man to gtf?

Does he pull a grader round with him or is it just the tractor?

• Like 1

Surely the clerk of the course can tell the tractor man to gtf?

Does he pull a grader round with him or is it just the tractor?

The ref has had to put the red lights on in the past to get him off i kid you not it is mental the laps he is allowed to do.

The tractor he is on does not have the grader the smaller red one has that he just goes round packing the track FOR 30 LAPS or thereabouts.

• Like 1

Let's not get too carried away, Somerset won because of super guest Dan Bewley. ZW would've been lucky to score a point, Jake Allen would've probably scored what the guest did.

• Like 4

Wonder where young Bewley will end up next year? Belle Vue will surely use him meaning no Friday night PL track.

Everybody is overlooking the fact that BWD and CW amassed only two points between them, when you could probably put them down for a modest 12 normally but. . . . . what is normal in Speedway ??? ;)

Wonder where young Bewley will end up next year? Belle Vue will surely use him meaning no Friday night PL track.

I wonder and the Belle Vue promoter was in attendance today with Gordon Pairman not that i am implying anything ;) .

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

Let's not get too carried away, Somerset won because of super guest Dan Bewley. ZW would've been lucky to score a point, Jake Allen would've probably scored what the guest did.

I refer you to my previous post !!! Do your sums mate !!!

All if's & buts at the end off the day Somerset won the meeting and deservedly so.

Edited by Gazc

Somerset were electric out of the gate and deserved the win, over two legs ,I can't see anyone beating the rebels tbh, however I sincerely believe that the rebels would not have won today without the guests, Dan Bewley was sensational and Zach would certainly not have scored 13 points, Jake may have got about 7 or 8 . Congratulations to the rebels it was an enjoyable meeting

• Like 4

Riders occasionally have poor meetings. Has ZW ever had a good one for Somerset, especially away?

Anyway, Lawson scored 6, which negates anything extra Wright would've scored.

Do your sums

Edited by Shads