British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole V Leicester Elb Wednesday 24th August.

As i said to anybody who would listen to me in the Winter and said as much on our forum, Adam will come on a ton this season under Neil, and he's still not the finished article.. ;)

You should really read what you've written before posting Starry?!

And you really thought Adam Ellis would improve this season.... Mmmmh? Genius.

I am not one for coming on the forum moaning about the direction speedway is going and it's demise as I really don't think it helps the sport but honestly, what is happening when we have the reigning EL Champions tracking an ex GP rider at reserve and a team that finished one point off the bottom last season tracking a rider at No4 that was Pooles reserve last season?!!!!

• Like 2

Be nice if we could have a report on the racing hardly a classic by the sounds of it.Ellis coming along nicely a great effort,what about Leicester were they that woeful.?

Adam had a good night ( my first meeting watching him ride at home for the pirates) his steel shoe came off in heat 15 and he clattered the air fence trying an outside sweep. A real battering for Leicester but you can only race what's put in front of you.

Oh, and ease stop quoting Gavan. I have the drunkard on block and his ramblings are an embarrassment to the sport.

• Like 2

Adam had a good night ( my first meeting watching him ride at home for the pirates) his steel shoe came off in heat 15 and he clattered the air fence trying an outside sweep. A real battering for Leicester but you can only race what's put in front of you. Oh, and ease stop quoting Gavan. I have the drunkard on block and his ramblings are an embarrassment to the sport.

ah bless you got all silly because I said that internationally Bates was outperforming your son and you didn't like it and blocked me. Quite sad really especially as I've backed Adam all season and as an Ipswich fan it's good to see him progress. I guess you can't debate if you don't like someone's opinion. Oh and for your information I'm teetotal buddy so I've never yet posted drunk

ah bless you got all silly because I said that internationally Bates was outperforming your son and you didn't like it and blocked me. Quite sad really especially as I've backed Adam all season and as an Ipswich fan it's good to see him progress. I guess you can't debate if you don't like someone's opinion. Oh and for your information I'm teetotal buddy so I've never yet posted drunk

The above is the kind of comment

a sad pathetic little weasel with nothing better to do then troll and then abuse people merely to wind them up and goad them.

would make

A comment made all the more pathetic given you position yourself to be so family and friend orientated and get uberly uppity when the subject is brought up...so yeah good one of course it would p*ss a father off if you prat on about his son the way you do most other subjects.

But anyway.…(yet again)

The Poole and Ellis move has really worked for both parties (and British Speedway). For all the supposed faults and flaws of FTR/Draft systems there are several examples where it has worked and Ellis epitomises that, he has really gotten his career back on track/on a clearer development path (as an outsider looking in anyway). It is questionable he would have got that without this system, would like have been a Freddie Eriksen, Joonas Davidson type.

Edited by The Mockingjay
  • Like 1

Really don't get where the comments about Ellis and Kurtz under-performing this season have come from (*may not even have been in this thread to be honest!). To my mind they've been the highlight over the past month or so! Both have been sensational at home, and a tad inconsistent away. I don't expect every Poole rider to instantly turn into a world-beater and future World Champ, so I've been pleased with the progress I've seen from both, and really hope both will be back next season. Also, since the loss at home to Belle Vue, Holder has made a big leap forward. His home form has been exceptional, and other than KK, no-one has really been a threat to him around Wimbourne Road.

The problem for me with the current Poole side is that Bjarne and Hansii just look slow/under-powered. You can see Hans is 100% committed when on track, but he simply doesn't look fast enough. Bjarne has looked slow ever since he's been back, it's just the race format for reserves is, as has been discussed several times, laughable, so he has been scoring fairly well. He is getting by solely on gating and track craft. You can see him holding up the other less-experienced riders who have been unable to pass him.

As for Buck and Newman, both have been inconsistent. Obviously Kyle has had his injury issues, but I'd have hoped to see him coming back to form by now in time for the playoffs. I never know what to expect from Buck - he isn't always the smoothest rider on track, but he is always trying. He needs to be a little more aware of his teammates perhaps, as I felt he was a little hard on Hansii and I think Kurtz last night in a couple of races. If Poole are to make a change I'd imagine it would be Buck who makes way, which is a shame. He hasn't been "bad" and would not deserve to be fired, but he seems the obvious guy to replace.

We should have every chance of an upset at the NSS on Monday, and if any team knows what is required to dig deep at the end of the season to snag top position and choice of opponent in the semi, it's Poole. I fancy our chances against anyone over two legs as we're very strong at home. It would be a case of limiting the damage in the away leg....

• Like 1

Be nice if we could have a report on the racing hardly a classic by the sounds of it.Ellis coming along nicely a great effort,what about Leicester were they that woeful.?

I think Steve said it all mate no more to add really. It was a rather one sided affair which was made far worse by the rain we got. But from a rain point of view we got away lightly. Yep Adam is coming on fine.. Whatever others say thats there perogative. We'l be looking for volunteers for next thursday to come in and dig out the rubbers. after the fences have been washed.

Edited by Starman2006

Adam had a good night ( my first meeting watching him ride at home for the pirates) his steel shoe came off in heat 15 and he clattered the air fence trying an outside sweep. A real battering for Leicester but you can only race what's put in front of you. Oh, and ease stop quoting Gavan. I have the drunkard on block and his ramblings are an embarrassment to the sport.

He was in blinding form last night and seemed to like being out wide in the dirt, where others feared to go. Fully deserved heat 15 along with Brady.

Track times were generally 3-4 seconds slower but the track certainly improved through the meeting.

Opposition were dreadful. No fight at all, although they did manage a heat win over Buck and Hans, who should have been excluded at the tapes for not being ready. The Poole pair spent the race getting in each others way.

For Poole.

Holder was a class above. Never troubled.

Ellis looked like a heat leader. Some good passing moves. Joint rider of the night.

Buckowski is a rider not in form. Doing his usual throwing the bike about but not the rider he was at the start of the season. Poor form abroad as well.

Kurtz rode very well. Again like Ellis got heat 15 and joint rider of the night.

Andersen was not impressive. Should have been excluded in the heat he ran a last, and didn't have forward speed.

Bjarne was very slow. He gated but just couldn't maintain his position and was picked off. Father time has caught up with his career.

Newman was battling as usual. Ran a last when a cover came off his bike and was picked off on the last lap by Auty.

For Leicester.

Summers was poor. Did pick up a win in one heat.

Wozniak was pretty invisible.

Starke doesn't look the rider that did well for us a season ago.

Klindt got a couple of wins, one from a big roller referree Willie Ditchington let go. New ref?

Auty was gerally poor but got one win in heat 12.

Palm Toft didn't ride as well as last time he was here.

In all Leicester were absolute garbage and the Poole Dolphin marching band provided more entertainment in the interval. A great crowd turned up due to Matt Ford doing his job, with all season ticket holders given a very nice Poole Pirates cap to placate the moaners.

So its a showdown at High Noon next. Got to worry some of our boys will find the Belle Vue track too big and fast for them.

• Like 3

Sounds like the cut price was a great success, I don't know why more teams don't try it. Having all but qualified for the cup, last night's crowd at Belle Vue was reported as being disappointing and it probably would have been a similar story at Poole.

You can say what you like about ford but he did the sums based on the same assumptions as me and the cut price deal was a nobrainer. When you add in great racing with hardly any races won from the gate and he knows a high proportion of the crowd will be back.

Hopefully the news from Belle Vue filtered through before the end to really round off the night.

Sounds like the cut price was a great success, I don't know why more teams don't try it. Having all but qualified for the cup, last night's crowd at Belle Vue was reported as being disappointing and it probably would have been a similar story at Poole.

You can say what you like about ford but he did the sums based on the same assumptions as me and the cut price deal was a nobrainer. When you add in great racing with hardly any races won from the gate and he knows a high proportion of the crowd will be back.

Im actually very suprised that Swindon didn't do it monday, but there you go...

excellent post bpb,all those that on are on the forum that are up in arms that bjarne is at reserve arent watching him, he really does look like a reserve and if he gets back in the 1-5 its going to be a real weakness.bit of a discussion on the tables around us last nite wondering how watty would have scored at reserve??could he have been worse?? :wink:

excellent post bpb,all those that on are on the forum that are up in arms that bjarne is at reserve arent watching him, he really does look like a reserve and if he gets back in the 1-5 its going to be a real weakness.bit of a discussion on the tables around us last nite wondering how watty would have scored at reserve??could he have been worse?? :wink:

Bjarnes getting no younger mate, he's not a Greg Hancock or a Tomaz Gollob.

@Poole Keith - Bjarne has been better than Davey Watt. And for what it's worth, I am not complaining about Bjarne - he is exactly what I expected. Can't complain about his point scoring, but he is exposed as a second string.

IMO the current Poole 1-7 with Holder, Hansii and Buck as heatleaders, Ellis & Kurtz as second strings, and Bjarne & Newman at reserve is how the team should be, form-wise right now. Not sure if getting Kurtz or Ellis back at reserve for the playoffs would benefit us. Their increased points (and rides?) from reserve counters the drop in scoring from Bjarne or Kyle in the main team.....

The above is the kind of comment

lly worked for both parties (and British Speedway). For all the supposed faults and flaws of FTR/Draft systems there are several examples where it has worked and Ellis epitomises that, he has really gotten his career back on track/on a clearer development path (as an outsider looking in anyway). It is questionable he would have got that without this system, would like have been a Freddie Eriksen, Joonas Davidson type.

Just to clarify i have him on ignore now and one more to go.. ;)

AAAArgh, someone quoted Gavan again ! This is the only response i'll give you "buddy" is that i blocked you because you're a dick, plain and simple. In real life I (and i suppose many others) wouldn't give you the time of day as you come across as a thoroughly unpleasant and nasty guy. As to your comments, do you really think I give a rats left testicle about your opinion ? you're definitely flattering yourself on that one.

I presumed you were posting drunk as no one could possibly be that aggressive and as much of a dick whilst sober can they ? Otherwise they'd just be a bit of a .... oh , hang on.

Bye loser.

Edited by Jonny the spud
  • Like 3