British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Drugs In Uk Speedway?

Great of the speedway star to give riders advance notice that there are suspicions and test will happen

The thing is some of substances that the riders would have likely been taking actually stay in your system for 6-8 weeks so still time to get caught

The thing is some of substances that the riders would have likely been taking actually stay in your system for 6-8 weeks so still time to get caught

Rumours a few weeks back that an "injured" rider wasn't actually injured. 2+2 is starting to add up now, something it didn't do when I was told about the rider not being injured but "needing" a few weeks off

SCB I have a feeling I know which rider you are on about as I have heard that he went a funny colour when he overheard an unknown individual in the pits say I am here to do some tests.

Fortunately for him it turned out to be some noise tests for the council.

Great of the speedway star to give riders advance notice that there are suspicions and test will happen

Arriving at the track we knew about a drugs test that was going to happen later, I don't think it should of been mentioned before hand as the guilty one/s can withdraw from the meeting.

Get caught with drugs or alcohol in the system then life time ban from the sport.

I am confused by all this. This is a motor sport.

I understand you can't obviously be John Prescott and ride a bike but what kind of advantage does a drug give you in a motor sport.

You need to be fit but unless there is a weight loss drug and the 3 of them have been eating pizzas and chips, how is drugs going to give any advantage over another rider.

Surely someone isn't going to say LSD improves your clutch reaction timing.

I know it's totally wrong and I agree with bans but why do it at all to ruin your career.

Why does it have to be about giving an advantage? The speedway world lost it's sh*t when Darcy was caught over the alcohol limit because of worries about the safety of other riders. Surely this is the main issue here?

Could be said that fans need to be on drugs to attend some meetings?!

Looks like you are going by your photograph in your Avatar. :o;):P

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Why does it have to be about giving an advantage? The speedway world lost it's sh*t when Darcy was caught over the alcohol limit because of worries about the safety of other riders. Surely this is the main issue here?

Probably some sort of adrenalin booster would help, it would remove fear, or most of it...

I don't think that this is with regards to riders getting a competitive advantage from taking a substance. This is more related to what they do in their social life in their time off with friends.

Speedway riders are an easy target for recreational drug use often as they are young men with disposable income that like to look flash to their friends away from Speedway.

It's the same with gambling I have heard first hand of riders doing a guest booking getting paid cash and gambling & drinking all the earnings away in one night after the meeting.

Im going to guess that its weed thats being smoked and its aussie riders that attracted the suspicion.

I can think of one or two british lads who looked stoned or high.

".Or a battle between the druggies and the drunkards" Sounds like a normal Millwall FC match ;)

I'm tired of people constantly avin a go at my old local team the Wall, I went there once and a football match broke out. They also respectfully hold a minutes violence when someone has passed away. No one likes us we do care.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if drug use was widespread througought speedway.

In all the years I attended Smallmead I can only remember seeing officials arrive once to carry out doping tests. They caught one rider with recreational drugs in their system that night, and another mysteriously hurt his back unloading his van and pulled out of the meeting so wasn't tested.

I understand that nitrous oxide (or was it ozide?) was a favourite of a particular group of riders just a few years ago.

this thread brought this event to my mind wackie. V Witches that night and apparently the rider with the bad back went a funny shadeof white/grey prior to withdrawing!! I have to say I felt he never really rode as well after this happening,make of that what you will.
  • Like 1

I am surprised they drink the energy drinks they keep waving in front of every camera as surely they could be enough to fail a drugs test.