British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds V Edinburgh Monarchs Premier League Sunday 28 August 2016

Tero's average 6.24

Lewis' average 5.86

I am so gutted to hear about Lewis :( It's terrible news, if we do need to replace him, can we? I thought the final day to confirm changes was yesterday due to the cut off? Or does this not count for injured riders?

If not there are many guests we can use in the meantime such as Lewis Kerr (5.67), Josh Bates (5.46) and Fernando Garcia (4.58), I know they're not Lewis Rose, but they're something, or maybe we could even use Matthew Wethers (5.70) as a permanent guest as Berwick are looking unlikely to make the playoffs??? (Same goes for Kerr)

I hope Dan Bewley is ok too after that nasty looking crash :( Last night was the worst meeting of the season by far because of all the injuries

Edit: Another thought, could we bring in Anton Rosen for the end of the season at number 6? And have Palovaara stay in the main body? Palovaara (5.49) and Rosen (5.14)

I thought Rosen's last average was 5.07?

'Turnip Triplets' then? 😁

In all of this. (Bad crashes Lewis and Dan), but as Dans bike brought down Sam Masters. I would like to say Get well soon Mr Masters (one of my favourite riders) despite him being in that "North of the Border" team.

Get well soon to wor Lewis and the Monarchs Dan

I also pity the travelling support. The Coachload of Edinburgh Fans were summoned by Barry Wallace (a Scottish name there? yes) to return to their coach. Not nice even if the reason was legit. We may meet up later in a playoff so please come back down from Edi and take my favourite place to stand again!! :lol:

To be fair DTD, Barry did say that the coach drivers hours were running out, and they needed to leave then in order to get them home. Sods law again. Same thing happened a couple of years ago when a lot of buses had to leave the 4's at Peterborough, when there was still over an hours racing to go.

• Like 1

How can the coach drivers run out when he has probably sat in the car park half asleep from 6pm - 9.45 pm strange

To be fair DTD, Barry did say that the coach drivers hours were running out, and they needed to leave then in order to get them home. Sods law again. Same thing happened a couple of years ago when a lot of buses had to leave the 4's at Peterborough, when there was still over an hours racing to go.

poor planning on the coach firm

the driver appointed shouldnt have been that tight on his driving time all it would take was a puncture on the way home to leave them stranded

How can the coach drivers run out when he has probably sat in the car park half asleep from 6pm - 9.45 pm strange

he must have started hid working day early in the morning you can drive up to a set amount of hours over a set period

long time since i used a tacograph so cant remember exact details

i still dont see how sitting in the car park (not driving) can add up hours ?

also how come we replace worrall with a 6 point rider in josh bates ?? surely there must be someone with a similar average to worrall available ?

also how come we replace worrall with a 6 point rider in josh bates ?? surely there must be someone with a similar average to worrall available ?

With 9 other meetings taking place this day, who would you have recommended.

Noticed that just looked at his scores at Scunthorpe this season and pretty average has to be said - not that many PL matches today but there are a few EL matches so maybe a few doubling up riders are unavailable. Surprised not gone for Robbo as usual.

Edited by acclennell

Noticed that just looked at his scores at Scunthorpe this season and pretty average has to be said - not that many PL matches today but there are a few EL matches so maybe a few doubling up riders are unavailable. Surprised not gone for Robbo as usual.

maybe Rye House have a meeting,,,

maybe Rye House have a meeting,,,

Must admit I didn't check which teams were riding just knew there were a few - always happy to be corrected :party:

• Like 1

Great bus company, sponsor of Edinburgh Speedway...... The bus took fans to the Forth Road Bridge for a sponsored walk prior to coming to Newcastle

Tachographs are complicated things

Edited by Gr8scot

Great bus company, sponsor of Edinburgh Speedway...... The bus took fans to the Forth Road Bridge for a sponsored walk prior to coming to Newcastle

by the sounds of it, they were nearly doing a sponsored walk home,,, mind you they might ov raised more money tho ;)

• Like 1

I'm just quoting Anton's final average from the Speedway GB website

http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/pl15_issue_final.pdf

Have they really signed someone?

New riders announced soon

RiderS???

Agree, but it is open to abuse (another process open to abuse in GB speedway)

Twisted Knee

Bruised Back

Sprained Wrist

Sore Foot

All difficult to disprove....... And could put a rider out for a month if required??

I would agree it is open to abuse, but then again ANY injury bad enough to keep a rider out and 6 men teams in the play offs is enough to ruin it imo, I hate watching meetings without 14 riders, it just feels like something is missing

lol, George made a signing last night??? Ben Hopwood? XD

I'm just quoting Anton's final average from the Speedway GB website

http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/pl15_issue_final.pdf

Have they really signed someone?

RiderS???

I would agree it is open to abuse, but then again ANY injury bad enough to keep a rider out and 6 men teams in the play offs is enough to ruin it imo, I hate watching meetings without 14 riders, it just feels like something is missing

lol, George made a signing last night??? Ben Hopwood? XD

Usually a rider , but seriously i get what you are saying i would rather watch my 1-7 but injuries are part & parcel I'm afraid and usually dictate how your season pans out.

I just realized, people are saying riders to be announced soon, that could suggest 2 riders

Matej Kus and Lewis Rose out for Tero Aarnio and Anton Rosen maybe? It works average wise, and I clearly have too much time on my hands with it being a bank holiday :D Would hate to see Kus go but if it means good things for the team, it could happen :( He's been one of my favorites this year

Usually a rider , but seriously i get what you are saying i would rather watch my 1-7 but injuries are part & parcel I'm afraid and usually dictate how your season pans out.

I realize this, but surely SOMETHING can be done to allow teams to field 7 riders every meeting if they want, even in football, the most ridiculous sport ever, they have that signing a goalkeeper outside the transfer window or something? Maybe in speedway it could be signing a back up outside the cut off date?