British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spencebel

Panthers V Rye House Followed By Panthers V Workington 4/9/2016 @2.30pm

So why wasn't the second meeting on at least? A day to get a track ready? You can say what you want and believe what you want panthers fans but if you can't prepare a track in a day then maybe you shouldn't be running a speedway team.

So you're saying that yesterday afternoon declaring that the Rockets match was cancelled but the Comets match was going ahead would have shut you up? I doubt that that would have satisfied you and your like minds ;)

• Like 2

Amazing that hardly any Rye or Worky fans complaining, just the rest of the league....... and even some Elite League fans?

Yes, would of been good for some action this arvo, but it is what it is...... I'm sure Ged wouldn't of wanted the stress of trying to fit 2 meetings into a tight schedule, but still, people will comment on anything little now when it comes to the Panthers.

• Like 2

Amazing that hardly any Rye or Worky fans complaining, just the rest of the league....... and even some Elite League fans?

Yes, would of been good for some action this arvo, but it is what it is...... I'm sure Ged wouldn't of wanted the stress of trying to fit 2 meetings into a tight schedule, but still, people will comment on anything little now when it comes to the Panthers.

well I'm a KL my self and two others had planned to come along this afternoon I doubt when these fixtures are rearranged if we will come along unless it's a Sunday again . I would have thought Pboro speedway couldn't afford to lose any fans attending but I could be very wrong . This call off is typical of speedway in general they take fans for fools .
  • Like 1

You lot should all try living in the North a bit of rain the day before helps the track if you have the right track staff who are willing.

Edited by allthegearbutnaeidea
  • Like 1

So why wasn't the second meeting on at least? A day to get a track ready? You can say what you want and believe what you want panthers fans but if you can't prepare a track in a day then maybe you shouldn't be running a speedway team.

As your so experienced in running a massif speedway team I would expect Ged Rathbone would welcome your input into how it should be done , no doubt Chris Louis will be gutted to see you go but life goes on .

well I'm a KL my self and two others had planned to come along this afternoon I doubt when these fixtures are rearranged if we will come along unless it's a Sunday again . I would have thought Pboro speedway couldn't afford to lose any fans attending but I could be very wrong . This call off is typical of speedway in general they take fans for fools .

Seem to remember a meeting involving Swindon quite recently were all the fans were kept waiting around an hour just to be told its time to go home now where was that oh yes KL

• Like 3

It's really warm now but the damage was done yesterday.

It was still raining this morning in Newcastle up to 9am from 1 pm yesterday and guess what it still on
  • Like 1

A light grey cloud 10 metres by 10 has been spotted in the Cambridge area heading northwards so perhaps it was a good idea to call it off after all.

• Like 1

i will defend the pussycats on this one.

There may be 2 matches but it only constitutes 1 meeting therefore you cannot call off one and run the other whether you want to or not.

• Like 1

Well that's a bloody stupid rule then. So in that case I shall retract my previous comment. Sorry ged, you are still my hero

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 2

In this instance where it rained the day before the meeting, maybe the Peterborough promotion would've been better investing in covers rather than new riders. Every chance you would've seen a meeting this afternoon.

• Like 2

You lot should all try living in the North a bit of rain the day before helps the track if you have the right track staff who are willing.

That may be part of the problem as track curator is an employee of showground and apparently what he say's goes so I've been told .

In this instance where it rained the day before the meeting, maybe the Peterborough promotion would've been better investing in covers rather than new riders. Every chance you would've seen a meeting this afternoon.

As a matter of interest how many matches has it saved for Berwick having track covers this season and how many have you lost despite having them.

• Like 1

That may be part of the problem as track curator is an employee of showground and apparently what he say's goes so I've been told .

As a matter of interest how many matches has it saved for Berwick having track covers this season and how many have you lost despite having them.

2 - 0 We got them after a rain off on the first meeting of the season vs Redcar and have used them in 2 meetings, I can't remember the opponent for the first but the latter was Plymouth and then didn't even attempt to use them for the rain off V somerset as the whole weekend was an absolute washout and with Berwick Rangers playing at home and rain to not really stop at all making it a fairly forgone conclusion.
  • Like 1

Thomsen riding in Poland I see.

Anders made himself available after the postponement.

He also scored a maximum.

Covers are a lot more expensive and you only use them a few times every year.

Edited by Morrissey Fan