British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spencebel

Panthers V Rye House Followed By Panthers V Workington 4/9/2016 @2.30pm

Covers are a lot more expensive and you only use them a few times every year.

Not half as expensive as having to make up any financial loss from a postponed meeting, more so a double header especially when you are desperate to make the play offs. If it rained yesterday but has been dry today its almost certain they would've saved this meeting.

New era panthers wants to get facts right. The showground and its staff in no way have anything to do with the cancelling a meeting unless it's a health and safety issue.

They too have lost money from the meeting being cancelled last night.

You also need to check that Thomsen is finding in Poland tonight, another is riding at MILDENHALL so that would leave a team of 5.

New era panthers you want to check who, what and where riders are cute committed elsewhere before blaming EOES. I've lost out on over time today so my bosses won't call off meeting. As the lost money too

Thomsen riding in Poland I see.

And

If Anders Thomsen was already scheduled to ride in Poland today, you might have had to go with a NL rider as Thomsen has not yet ridden for the Panthers this Season :rolleyes:

If Anders Thomsen was already scheduled to ride in Poland today, you might have had to go with a NL rider as Thomsen has not yet ridden for the Panthers this Season :rolleyes:

damn, that wasn't him against Redcar then ....

• Like 6

damn, that wasn't him against Redcar then ....

Got man of the match as well.

• Like 3

apparently he wasn't scheduled to ride in Poland today

• Like 2

Covers are a lot more expensive and you only use them a few times every year.

A bit like the Panters use their riders ...... before changing them

Amazing that hardly any Rye or Worky fans complaining, just the rest of the league....... and even some Elite League fans?

Don't classify myself as a Rockets fan, though I have watched most of their meetings since June, and I am complaining......

Six PL Meetings to fit in (four away) plus the PLKOC Semi-Finals after huge gaps in the Fixture List. Ridiculous and far too much of a drain on my bank balance and driving enjoyment.

Macca can you clear your in box on notifications - I am trying to send you a pm

Cleared a whole heap of PMs so hopefully you can PM me now R&R

A light grey cloud 10 metres by 10 has been spotted in the Cambridge area heading northwards so perhaps it was a good idea to call it off after all.

And every bit of crap has been received from the Rayleigh area at the same time

In this instance where it rained the day before the meeting, maybe the Peterborough promotion would've been better investing in covers rather than new riders. Every chance you would've seen a meeting this afternoon.

They could buy Berwicks track covers as it seems there selling everything else.

Edited by scoobydoo

As your so experienced in running a massif speedway team I would expect Ged Rathbone would welcome your input into how it should be done , no doubt Chris Louis will be gutted to see you go but life goes on .

Seem to remember a meeting involving Swindon quite recently were all the fans were kept waiting around an hour just to be told its time to go home now where was that oh yes KL

Your comparing a meeting at Lynn where there was a heavy shower bang on tapes up to a match called off 24 hours in advance where it hadn't rained for 14 hours before tapes up. Wally.

Rye fans haven't piped up as the team is crap & want the season over with. Same for Workington probably. Nothing to race for.

It's clear somethings gone on but it's speedway so will be swept under the carpet as usual.

People defending this being off for weather are stupid or naive.

Hopefully both sides make it difficult to fit in the fixture before the cut off & it eliminates them.

• Like 3

They could buy Berwicks track covers as it seems there selling everything else.

Kick a club and set of fans whilst they are down, what next? Are you wanting something off Plymouth as well? Grow up, not as if you's lot havn't struggled with ownership within recent years is it...

So, Rye House now have six meeting to fit in before the deadline, two at home (one already arranged on an off-race night) and four away. Plus the PLKOC Semi Finals against Newcastle

I had intended attending both the Saturday match at home to the Scorpions and the away fixture at the EoES. If these are now arranged mid-week, I can't see my self attending either. OK, only one person, but I am sure that I am not alone in holding the same viewpoint and agree with Gemini's comment that today could have been a bumper attendance at the Showground which will not now be replicated. I for one will think twice before committing to an 180 mile round trip along the A14 and up the A1.

I just don't get this calling matches off the day before. Worse still when the forecast is okay for the actual race day. My journey is only about 40 miles each way but I have to get from one side of Leicester to the other to pick up the A47 and then the A1. I hate it and Sunday is the only day I would consider doing it when the traffic is not so bad so I won't be returning for any mid week matches either.

Amazing that hardly any Rye or Worky fans complaining, just the rest of the league....... and even some Elite League fans?

Yes, would of been good for some action this arvo, but it is what it is...... I'm sure Ged wouldn't of wanted the stress of trying to fit 2 meetings into a tight schedule, but still, people will comment on anything little now when it comes to the Panthers.

Perhaps because some of these Elite League fans had intended going. I know quite a few who were going from Leicester.

Edited by Gemini