British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
poolebolton

A Good Couple Weeks For British Speedway

The last couple of weeks have actually been good for British speedway. For once the doom and gloom could be disappearing. Coventry have secured there stadium for next season. Poole are having a stadium redevelopment and Swindon are getting a brand new stadium which is great. Tai has come back to British Speedway which has given a lift and Jason Doyle has agreed another two years in British Speedway. And for once even as a Poole fan I have no idea who is going to win the Elite League which is brilliant for the sport. It looks to be a three horse race(sorry Swindon, too much reliance on Jason Doyle and nothing else to back him up). With the annual rule changes potentially being good for once could the sport which we all love actually be turning around???

• Like 2

And the play offs always make speedway big time as well.

Plenty of backup for Doyley last night...with maxes for Morra and Josh g,although tunny after his four heat wins against poole had a mare, agree its a good time for the elite league with new stadia and close battle for the title, won't shut the doom and gloom merchants up though, luckily a small minority of fans that actually attend matches.

Edited by auntie doris

The last couple of weeks have actually been good for British speedway. For once the doom and gloom could be disappearing. Coventry have secured there stadium for next season. Poole are having a stadium redevelopment and Swindon are getting a brand new stadium which is great. Tai has come back to British Speedway which has given a lift and Jason Doyle has agreed another two years in British Speedway. And for once even as a Poole fan I have no idea who is going to win the Elite League which is brilliant for the sport. It looks to be a three horse race(sorry Swindon, too much reliance on Jason Doyle and nothing else to back him up). With the annual rule changes potentially being good for once could the sport which we all love actually be turning around???

Back up to the Poole Stadium redevelopment, I heard that would include no speedway there for a season whilst they carry it out. Any truth in that?

Depends if its a full-scale 're-siting' or only some parts to be redeveloped on the existing footprint. I can't see them demolishing the relatively new 'glass restaurant/grandstand', although the old 'main' grandstand could do with being replaced and enlarged as well as some improvements on both bends 1-2 and 3-4. That could not be achieved easily whilst racing continues - even though MF will fight tooth and nail for continuous speedway!!

Lets not forget this is being driven by the Council's need to build more homes throughout Poole, so the wider footprint of the stadium site to include car and lorry parks adjacent to the 'office block' could all be targets for development.

Depends if its a full-scale 're-siting' or only some parts to be redeveloped on the existing footprint. I can't see them demolishing the relatively new 'glass restaurant/grandstand', although the old 'main' grandstand could do with being replaced and enlarged as well as some improvements on both bends 1-2 and 3-4. That could not be achieved easily whilst racing continues - even though MF will fight tooth and nail for continuous speedway!!

Lets not forget this is being driven by the Council's need to build more homes throughout Poole, so the wider footprint of the stadium site to include car and lorry parks adjacent to the 'office block' could all be targets for development.

Thanks for that Skidder! :)

Don't think Tai will be back with Wolves next season but it's great news that Doyle will be for the next 2 years. A lot of top riders no longer ride in the EL but it doesn't seem to have done riders such as Doyle and Holder much harm......

• Like 1

Back up to the Poole Stadium redevelopment, I heard that would include no speedway there for a season whilst they carry it out. Any truth in that?

Who from ?

If the old grandstand is completely demolished and re-built in the same sort of design but with proper seats it is posible, providing they crack on with it.. Nothing wrong with it, but that grandstand does need replacing..

Edited by Starman2006

You will all have to travel to Swindon for a year then

You will all have to travel to Swindon for a year then

Eh, no.. :rofl:

Eh, no.. :rofl:

If you are happy with no speedway at Poole that's fine

Edited by A ORLOV