British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iris123

Individual Meetings For Undead Riders

Came up on another topic about Jerzy Szczakiel being shunned in his homeland,but i mentioned there was actually an annual individual meeting in his honour held at his former club Opole.Then it came to me that far from being shunned this was actually quite an honour.Maybe even unique in speedway.Generally we have memorial meetings for deceased stars,but are(were there) there any other meetings in honour of a rider still alive?

Of course we have the Ove Fundin trophy for the SWC,but the actual meeting isn't named after him as far as i know,just the trophy.And if i am correct both the Ronnie Moore trophy meeting and the current Nicki Pedersen one are trophies donated by the riders themselves for young up and coming riders,rather than being in their honour.Think i read somewhere that the young Dane Mikkel Bech will also start a competition for juniors in his name.This is something different to what i am talking about

anyone?

Looking at the title I thought this was going to be a thread about zombies!

• Like 5

Looking at the title I thought this was going to be a thread about zombies!

Wasn't sure how to word it.I thought of "Individual meetings for living riders",but then they all are and "Individual meetings in honour of living riders" was too long to fit etc

Wasn't sure how to word it.I thought of "Individual meetings for living riders",but then they all are and "Individual meetings in honour of living riders" was too long to fit etc

Too long to fit

As the Actress said to the Bishop