British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Rye House Rockets ( P L) - Friday, September 9th (7.30pm)

HENDERSON INSURANCE Scunthorpe Scorpions bring down the curtain on their 2016 home fixtures, when they host the Rye House Rockets at the Eddie Wright Raceway on Friday evening (7.30pm).

Scorpions moved off the bottom of the table with their 54-39 victory over Redcar Bears on Sunday, overhauling both the Bears and Rockets in the league table, and will be looking for a further three points to stretch that gap.

Scunthorpe promoter Rob Godfrey says: “We’ve put in three great performances on the trot, and we’d love to complete our home meetings with a final flourish against Rye House.

“As well as another cracking night of racing, I’m also throwing in fireworks on Friday night, as a thank you to our loyal fans.”

Although it’s the final home meeting of the season, Scorpions still have four away meetings remaining, at Sheffield (Sept 14), Plymouth (Sept 17), Rye House (Sept 19) and Newcastle (date to be confirmed).

Oooooh, fireworks!!!

• Like 1

Must remember ear muffs for Baby Shads then :approve:

• Like 1

Must remember ear muffs for Baby Shads then :approve:

I bet you don't 😉

Couldn't Scunthorpe Speedway club have been more empathetic and run this at, say, 4pm so that I could then go on to Redcar and watch the Witches in their attempt to gain the four points necessary to give them an outside squeak of the sixth play off place. Not a good show Rob and Co, lol, total disregard for the floating voter.

(Now, the fireworks, the thought of Shads Mark I and II in ear muffs and the shorter distance, is making me reassess my previously well thought out Baldrick like cunning plan....)

• Like 1

Couldn't Scunthorpe Speedway club have been more empathetic and run this at, say, 4pm so that I could then go on to Redcar and watch the Witches in their attempt to gain the four points necessary to give them an outside squeak of the sixth play off place. Not a good show Rob and Co, lol, total disregard for the floating voter.

(Now, the fireworks, the thought of Shads Mark I and II in ear muffs and the shorter distance, is making me reassess my previously well thought out Baldrick like cunning plan....)

Think you need to reassess your thoughts on distance from Scunthorpe to Redcar and time to get there on a Friday evening ;)

• Like 1

Think you need to reassess your thoughts on distance from Scunthorpe to Redcar and time to get there on a Friday evening ;)

Oh geez, it was a joke. I will now go and pace out the distance on my laptop and recalculate. oh dear me. Sense of humour was never Mad Max's strong point I guess, lol.

Oh geez, it was a joke. I will now go and pace out the distance on my laptop and recalculate. oh dear me. Sense of humour was never Mad Max's strong point I guess, lol.

It wasn't a very good one

Absolute guff against effectively a five man Scunthorpe side. To come away with nothing after a four drive up is very disappointing. Why Branford wasn't in heat 14 is baffling.

A wooden spoon performance if I ever saw one.

• Like 1

I don't think that would have made much difference Shads.

We need Kennett to score big and he didn't ... The rest did OK and this is a throw back to the team building and decision not not strengthen the team - a 7 pointer in this team and we could have been in the playoffs!

• Like 1

I don't think that would have made much difference Shads.

We need Kennett to score big and he didn't ... The rest did OK and this is a throw back to the team building and decision not not strengthen the team - a 7 pointer in this team and we could have been in the playoffs!

There was still a point to play for. Why just give up?