British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scorpions 2017

Good to see Stefan finally has a place.

Presumably will have to wait until new averages are in place....

Scunthorpe have been very wise and rode enough meetings for their averages to change before everyone else.

Welcome back Stefan & hope you can help us get close to our glory days of 2006, 07, 11 & 12. His average is close to a few of the guys in the main body so should always have a decent no6. I thought we might have a bit more to play with so another change could happen if a rider becomes eligible.

Glad you have got a spot you deserve & proven by your early season form in individuals & guest appearances.

• Like 2

Stefan neilsen goes well at ewr.

Good to see someone agrees with me☺

New averages are out for 3 of our riders. For Palm-Toft & Wilko it is after 4H but all 5A & for Douglas 4H 4A

Going by how they have worked them out, it is a rolling average once 4H & 4A have been completed

crescent girl posted this in Berwick v Scunthorpe post #172

18.7.2 An SGB Championship Team's initial Declaration must not exceed 40.00 and must include at least 2 riders who have competed in or are eligible to enter the National Development League (Conference League), one of which must be at #7 by CMA.

18.7.3 It must not exceed 42.00 points in any re-declaration following the issue of established CMA’s for 2017, except where the MA of the introduced rider is equal to, or lower than the rider being replaced.

Any re-declaration must still include 2 riders who have competed in or are eligible to enter the National Development League (Conference League)

This has still got me thinking about another possible change going by the written rule but open to interpretation(or how I see it).

New averages are out for 3 of our riders. For Palm-Toft & Wilko it is after 4H but all 5A & for Douglas 4H 4A

Going by how they have worked them out, it is a rolling average once 4H & 4A have been completed

No rolling averages this year. Averages taken only from 2017 meetings and meetings don't drop out as the season progresses (i.e. by end of season, averages will be taken from all 36 Championship meetings, not just the last 20).

All the best

Rob

Hi Rob.

I understand it is a new average that only includes 2017 League meetings and, also, how the word "rolling" is interpreted. The word "rolling" meaning "continuous" as what I meant & what I posted was that it was all 9 meetings rolled together for Palm-Toft & Wilko & the 8 meetings for Douglas. As I understand it, if Auty & Kerr ride on Sunday, it will be their 4th home meeting so they will be given new averages which will come into effect 7 days later(Auty for 8 meetings & Kerr for 9 meetings). An updated average will then be given for these 5 riders on the 1st of June for all the meetings the riders have ridden in up to & including the 20th May which, hopefully, be 12 meetings for Palm-Toft & Wilko, 11 meetings for Douglas & Kerr & 10 meetings for Auty.

It can be confusing at times. :lol:

• Like 1

Josh Auty has been released at Leicester in favour of Lasse Bjerre ?. Bit harsh on Josh so soon into the season; how many meetings has he done; and with his injury at the moment. Ok it appears to work for us; because his focus will be Scunthorpe; but any rider will tell you they want to be riding; and for me Josh seemed to do better when he was getting the meetings in the Elite League at Birmingham & Leicester. Still there is every chance he could soon be fixed up in the Premiership again; as we are seeing already the rider situation is definitely 'fluid'.

Edited by the outsider

It is unfortunate for Josh as I think he would have liked to still be racing in both leagues for finances & match sharpness. His lack of availability was the reason given for the change & that was down to our fixtures. As it seems, Rob wanted to get a lot of meetings in early so we would be the first to make changes if required(as it was, we did) & the meetings we raced away at coincided with being similar race nights to Leicester.

It is unfortunate for Josh as I think he would have liked to still be racing in both leagues for finances & match sharpness. His lack of availability was the reason given for the change & that was down to our fixtures. As it seems, Rob wanted to get a lot of meetings in early so we would be the first to make changes if required(as it was, we did) & the meetings we raced away at coincided with being similar race nights to Leicester.

Thank you for explaining; that makes a bit more sense of things; because it seemed a bit harsh to me on the face of it. Hope he still gets his chance in the Prem and I think he will.

• Like 1

Stefan has signed for the rest of the season, not as temporary cover,Rob has said and written that he hasnt given up on Fritz so maybe another change is due?

Guest Scunny2012

Stefan has signed for the rest of the season, not as temporary cover,Rob has said and written that he hasnt given up on Fritz so maybe another change is due?

Other than an injury the only one to be replaced would be Wilkinson but 9 points in the British semi final might be an upturn in form.