British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

its a shame a few more didn't share his opinion ;)

He should have bothered though and he might not have qualified it with "I can only speak for myself, but I had a good conversation with Colin Horton last week and he said nothing but positive things about Peterborough. He told me the club is fine and he is going nowhere." - that was 2007 and in 2008 Horton was history and Frost had to save the club and allegedly sort out what Andersen was owed :)

Edited by Crump99

He should have bothered though and he might not have qualified it with "I can only speak for myself, but I had a good conversation with Colin Horton last week and he said nothing but positive things about Peterborough. He told me the club is fine and he is going nowhere." - that was 2007 and in 2008 Horton was history and Frost had to save the club and allegedly sort out what Andersen was owed :)

Funny how history has a habit of repeating its self with Ged having to come in and do the same thing.

Funny how history has a habit of repeating its self with Ged having to come in and do the same thing.

Different set of circumstances but fair point and doubt that it'll be the last time that it happens: Hawkins/Oakes & Easter - Horton/Horton - Horton/Frost & Mahoney - Frost & Mahoney/Rathbone, get the drift.

Different set of circumstances but fair point and doubt that it'll be the last time that it happens: Hawkins/Oakes & Easter - Horton/Horton - Horton/Frost & Mahoney - Frost & Mahoney/Rathbone, get the drift.

I'd like to think the club is more stable than it has been for many years now, but then we all thought that when Rick Frost bought the club , but there is one major difference here and that is the fact Ged Rathbone is a speedway supporter through and through . Where as Rick Frost is a businessman who had limited interest in the sport and it was also made easy for him to unload some tax free money , but I will always be grateful for what he tried to do for the club and I can understand him eventually pulling out after some of the treatment he received from speedway authorities.

• Like 1

I'd like to think the club is more stable than it has been for many years now, but then we all thought that when Rick Frost bought the club , but there is one major difference here and that is the fact Ged Rathbone is a speedway supporter through and through . Where as Rick Frost is a businessman who had limited interest in the sport and it was also made easy for him to unload some tax free money , but I will always be grateful for what he tried to do for the club and I can understand him eventually pulling out after some of the treatment he received from speedway authorities.

I was going to 'like' this till the last 6 words. It was more a case of him keeping the wrong company, as history has proved. I liked Rick and Julie and they gave a lot to Peterborough, even if it was tax offloading, it doesn't matter.

I was going to 'like' this till the last 6 words. It was more a case of him keeping the wrong company, as history has proved. I liked Rick and Julie and they gave a lot to Peterborough, even if it was tax offloading, it doesn't matter.

Then i'm afraid we will have to disagree on the last part Rick Frost wanted an independent body to run the sport so as to stop others self interest advantages and got shafted for that as well as other bits, Coventry and Peterborough stood alone for the good of the sport , but had no backing from others who were to busy looking after there self interests then Kings Lynn and Birmingham stole there thunder by claiming the 30 pieces of silver on offer from sky.

• Like 2

The major difference is that Frost/Mahoney could run at the expensive unhelpful EoES whereas it's brought everyone else to their knees. It was a golden opportunity wasted, much possibly self inflicted. I hope Rathbone has a kind bank manager and sponsors because enthusiasm doesn't pay the EoES and other bills.

You do realise that Tsunami is the BSPA forum representative :D

• Like 2

Well at least there will be someone to mend the fence next Thursday if required!!!

True have to say he done a better job than the work to rule mob that were attempting to fix it slowly.

True have to say he done a better job than the work to rule mob that were attempting to fix it slowly.

What mob? According to the Glasgow fans it was totally down to worrall and Dickson, of course this was view through binoculars

The major difference is that Frost/Mahoney could run at the expensive unhelpful EoES whereas it's brought everyone else to their knees. It was a golden opportunity wasted, much possibly self inflicted. I hope Rathbone has a kind bank manager and sponsors because enthusiasm doesn't pay the EoES and other bills.

You do realise that Tsunami is the BSPA forum representative :D

Am I ? News to me. I might know more about their thinking and reasons than most on here, but I am my own man. :D

What mob? According to the Glasgow fans it was totally down to worrall and Dickson, of course this was view through binoculars

It was a Redcar fan with the binoculars can't recall who it was it will be somewhere in that thread.

Still trying to get my head round why you would take binoculars to a meeting.

Still trying to get my head round why you would take binoculars to a meeting.

Why not? Nice close up view of the racing or if a rider falls and you want to see whether they are okay. I would if I had room in my bag. :lol:

Why not? Nice close up view of the racing or if a rider falls and you want to see whether they are okay. I would if I had room in my bag. :lol:

I'll buy you a bigger bag Gem if that helps :D

• Like 2

Then i'm afraid we will have to disagree on the last part Rick Frost wanted an independent body to run the sport so as to stop others self interest advantages and got shafted for that as well as other bits, Coventry and Peterborough stood alone for the good of the sport , but had no backing from others who were to busy looking after there self interests then Kings Lynn and Birmingham stole there thunder by claiming the 30 pieces of silver on offer from sky.

spot on summary