British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

It's already been mentioned, and that suspicion will always be there.

As for not putting him in his line up, I think Mr Ford is well within his rights to go with Kasprzak instead as it frees up more points and gives their team a much better balance. With Holder they would probably be looking at having to go without one of Holder, Kurtz or Newman or with carp reserves or a weak second heat leader. I think it's the right call.

If he did that i'm pretty sure something fishy would be going on down in Dorset (Again?).

thats an OK team as long as tress doesn't have any hairy moments. :)

I'm right up for it, 30 years experience, here we go wooooooooo

I wonder how long it will take some KL fans to criticise Noddy of average fixing.

I'm expecting maximums every meeting or else, has he signed then?

I wonder how long it will take some KL fans to criticise Noddy of average fixing.

The first poor meeting I reckon, and suspect it won't just be kl fans...

Chris will be a great signing for you and will give 100% - I am sorry he is not still with the Pirates but pleased that he looks likely to stay in the British League - that is good for all of us - but especially for you

I for one will be delighted if we get Holder, and this will certainly inspire me, and at least a handful of other 'fleeting' Stars fans I know to make the 110 round trip journey to the AFA more often.
Regrettably, I can't make Friday night, but here's hoping of some good news, and something to inspire us all, after what's been a frustrating period.

Lynn Team for 2017

1. GRW

2. Gordon Bennett

3. TellBoy

4. Dizzstar

5. Tress

6. Star Lady

7. Mr Mungo

8. Haza ( for when Star Lady doesn't turn up)

Think That has play-offs written all over it. lol

Let's get the fine tooth comb and look into the credentials

1. GRW - Seriously concerned he's managed to make the No1 jacket. Can quickly lose confidence and patience in his team mates and starts to focus attention in the wrong areas.

2. GB - Although 2nd string should definitely captain the side. Peripherally aware of everything going on and deals with negativity well.

3. TellBoy - Solid 3rd heatleader, goes about his job professionally but always seems to be the forgotten man.

4. Dizzy - Silent Assassin, should provide excellent team riding with Tell. Don't see much but if someone tries to bully those elbows come out and you know they're there.

5. Trees - Probably should be the No7 rather than 2nd heatleader imo. Although experienced like Bomber Harris, never seems to recognise the failings around the team and always passing off the blame elsewhere. Could be the 1st one sacked.

6. StarLady - Strongest reserve in the sport. Hard as nails on the opposition and not frightened to kick out that right leg if they get to close. Unfortunately (hence why a reserve) more often than not goes missing from meetings.

7. Mungo - Surprised to see this lad in the side. Once very passionate about this team but over recent seasons has been very lacking and spent more time mingling with other teams the judas.

Can see where the gaffer Semion has gone with this team but if it was down to me, I'd probably gone:

1. Speedball

2. Haza

3. Tell

4. Dizzy

5. Gordon Bennett

6. GRW

7. Trees

8. StarLady

• Like 9

That's a top drawer opening partnership. Don't know what happened to that screamer change chap, he'd have been good for the team, never frightened to put his back wheel in where it hurt ;)

• Like 2

Let's get the fine tooth comb and look into the credentials

1. GRW - Seriously concerned he's managed to make the No1 jacket. Can quickly lose confidence and patience in his team mates and starts to focus attention in the wrong areas.

2. GB - Although 2nd string should definitely captain the side. Peripherally aware of everything going on and deals with negativity well.

3. TellBoy - Solid 3rd heatleader, goes about his job professionally but always seems to be the forgotten man.

4. Dizzy - Silent Assassin, should provide excellent team riding with Tell. Don't see much but if someone tries to bully those elbows come out and you know they're there.

5. Trees - Probably should be the No7 rather than 2nd heatleader imo. Although experienced like Bomber Harris, never seems to recognise the failings around the team and always passing off the blame elsewhere. Could be the 1st one sacked.

6. StarLady - Strongest reserve in the sport. Hard as nails on the opposition and not frightened to kick out that right leg if they get to close. Unfortunately (hence why a reserve) more often than not goes missing from meetings.

7. Mungo - Surprised to see this lad in the side. Once very passionate about this team but over recent seasons has been very lacking and spent more time mingling with other teams the judas.

Can see where the gaffer Semion has gone with this team but if it was down to me, I'd probably gone:

1. Speedball

2. Haza

3. Tell

4. Dizzy

5. Gordon Bennett

6. GRW

7. Trees

8. StarLady

GRW has always been a team player, and expects 100% from everybody all the time. Sometimes, his comments can be taken the wrong way when leading from the front.

Being relegated to Reserve is OK with me. Its being in the team that matters, and able to take some extra rides and responsibility suite me just fine......

• Like 1

Let's face it that would be a crap team cos very few of them would turn up for most meetings!

• Like 1

Let's face it that would be a crap team cos very few of them would turn up for most meetings!

Don't count me in that statement.. Only missed 12 meetings in 6yrs and most of them were due to Holidays.... Have never missed a match when I was free to go to.....

Mind you I left early a few times, when the performance, or the application or the progression has been rubbish. Just because Buster gets my money every week, doesn't mean I don't have an opinion. As most know I speak as I find......Good or Bad.....

• Like 2

At my age I reserve the right to go missing when my team mates forget the art of team riding and the ref decides we all have to take it very seriously and can't have any handbags to liven things up :P

Put me in the team when any monsters are about tho and I'll be up for a maximum :wink::D

• Like 1

Cheers all, given me a good laugh this morning which is much needed given the dose of man flu that's sprung upon me.

We all have our thoughts and ideas about how the club can improve and move forward. Biased I know but always felt that as a bunch of fans we're pretty fair. We'd much rather be less successful and do it the right way rather than win at all costs (no names required).

We had a great spell in PL from 2005 to 2009 winning pretty much everything bar the 4's. On the most part, we've held our own in the EL. Playoff contenders and the 2014 season will always be the one that got away.

What has been clear is that things had gone stale behind the scenes. Too much going through the motions and taking things for granted.

With the team I'm expecting, it should put things right on the track after last season. Hopefully Rob & Dale can inject some spirit back into the club. Also hope they have a good look at what teams like Glasgow & IOW are doing. Getting the fans involved and building a community club.

We can all play a part too. Norfolk folk on the whole are a pretty reserved bunch but it would be nice to see some passion and colour from the fans as well. Maybe it's time for some first bend ultras

Let's see what Friday brings!!

• Like 3

Be like most EL meetings of the past few years then!!😁