British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Chris will still want to earn the maximum amount of money he can here I'd have thought.

You could say the same about the GPS, they don't earn as much in them as bloody Poland but they sure as hell give 100% effort.

• Like 1

Talking about star riders missing UK meetings, because of the Polish having first dibs on rider services, if you also take into account what Chris Holder has said about the huge difference in pay rates between UK PL and Polish top division being huge, how can you trust a rider to ride with 100% commitment for your UK team, for a fraction of what he can earn in Poland, knowing an off, could make him miss Polish meetings?

How can you trust them to give it 100%? Perhaps that's why MF got rid? Knowing CH might only be riding for Poole at 75%/80% by not taking chances he would for his Polish team? Even subconsciously, CH might not give 100%..

You'd like to think this wouldn't happen, but this is real World stuff....

What do you Kings Lynn fans think?

Can't imagine that would be Ford's thought process otherwise he would never have employed Kasprzak, who is well known for giving up if he's not winning races.

• Like 1

Talking about star riders missing UK meetings, because of the Polish having first dibs on rider services, if you also take into account what Chris Holder has said about the huge difference in pay rates between UK PL and Polish top division being huge, how can you trust a rider to ride with 100% commitment for your UK team, for a fraction of what he can earn in Poland, knowing an off, could make him miss Polish meetings?

How can you trust them to give it 100%? Perhaps that's why MF got rid? Knowing CH might only be riding for Poole at 75%/80% by not taking chances he would for his Polish team? Even subconsciously, CH might not give 100%..

You'd like to think this wouldn't happen, but this is real World stuff....

What do you Kings Lynn fans think?

I think the there could be a lot of truth in this point of view. As a Stars fan I am concerned about some of CH's comments on the issue. I would prefer that KL replace CH with Danny King - if that was contractually and legally possible. If the Poland situation continues I think that there will be NO GP riders or top world class riders in the UK in 2018. Except for the cream of the up & coming British young guns. That would be no bad thing as UK speedway IS going through quite a transformation and 2018 will see further steps with more changes.

I think the there could be a lot of truth in this point of view. As a Stars fan I am concerned about some of CH's comments on the issue. I would prefer that KL replace CH with Danny King - if that was contractually and legally possible. If the Poland situation continues I think that there will be NO GP riders or top world class riders in the UK in 2018. Except for the cream of the up & coming British young guns. That would be no bad thing as UK speedway IS going through quite a transformation and 2018 will see further steps with more changes.

It's a bit late for that

Don't think we need to worry to much.

I don't believe the promotion will take fools next season.

Under achievers will be binned off and if to many meetings are missed they'll get replaced too.

Think it's a wait and see as to how many rearranged fixtures happen in Poland

Don't think we need to worry to much.

I don't believe the promotion will take fools next season.

Under achievers will be binned off and if to many meetings are missed they'll get replaced too.

Think it's a wait and see as to how many rearranged fixtures happen in Poland

i doubt that, it didnt happen with buster there i really cant imagine lyon or allitt sacking anyone.

i doubt that, it didnt happen with buster there i really cant imagine lyon or allitt sacking anyone.

Lyon has promised they won't be slow to react to poor performers again.

I guess time will tell.

Once the helmet goes on i would say the adrenalin kicks in and they will go out to win the races.You have more chance of getting injured taking it easy as some people say,rather than going hell for leather.C.Holder will do alright by us.

Lyon has promised they won't be slow to react to poor performers again.

I guess time will tell.

Lets hope so because a weak team being left with one or two "can't cut it riders" for meeting after meeting is going to cause the crowd size to diminish yet again.

Grand Prixs is where you see the top boys putting it in the line. Team racing for riders is less important whether it be UK Poland Sweden or Denmark. Riders know there is another meeting the next day or the one after. Plus I wonder how many of the top boys are on guaranteed money with their clubs ?

Bloody GPs ..... is 25 years up yet, I guess after that blasted Poland will want to take the series over then and we know they are on a bloody high!

That's it Trees bloody Poland next thing will be UK Speedway supporters traveling over there to watch. Not happy with having all the top riders they will want all the UKs top fans as well lol

That's it Trees bloody Poland next thing will be UK Speedway supporters traveling over there to watch. Not happy with having all the top riders they will want all the UKs top fans as well lol

Yep I for one will be going regularly again this year to watch first class line ups on excellent tracks that meetings are promoted second to none

Judas. Lol you would never see the likes of Trees giving her shekels to the Poles

• Like 1

Judas. Lol you would never see the likes of Trees giving her shekels to the Poles

Not while they're affecting British Speedway like they already have and most likely will this season!