British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

I work with plants and it flooded the beds to the point they were still draining at lunch time. With a clay base track I could see how that's a potential problem and the lack of regular riders makes it the perfect excuse.

I'm content. Get them back in a few weeks with a regular team.

But spin it as the promoters hating fans. That's probably a way more popular view. People love bile on this forum!

• Like 1

I don't think anyone hates anyone from either side. As usual in life and on here there are two or three FOR Buster and five or six Against him. Polarised views. What does matter is, if last week and this has provoked enough bad feeling on the terraces to lower the crowd yet again for future matches. How dangerous to speedway viability ( not the stadium as it has other profitable uses ) is 100 or 200 off the crowd level on a regular basis? No fans of speedway or of the Stars wants to see the club close but how it is run is very important. And how Buster as Chairman is leading the BSPA is very important to the sport.

Thinking back at the shenaangons that has happened this past week, I believe it happened because the rules allow it. So thinking laterally I was trying to think of ways that would safeguard, the Fans, the Riders and Promoters from this happening again.

1. State of the track: A new rule be implemented allowing riders to have 15 mins practice session, 3/4 hr before the start. This to be totally optional, and riders wanting to bother, can see first hand of track conditions. Bikes could then be set up to suit, and/ or the track be remedied if necessary. Either way the Start would not be held up nor a delay in proceedings... and that has to be good for everyone.....

2, Riders who thinks the track is too dangerous.: A representation speaks to the Referee, who in turn calls a meeting with all Riders and Team Managers. At this meeting a vote is taken, and all Riders will accept the majority decision. If a Rider/Riders fail to do so , they will be fined and/or suspended. The Fans and Promotions need to be safeguarded against personal minded attitudes, that can destroy the sport....

3. Certified Injuries.. Nobody want to see riders force to ride when injured, but also they don't want to feel used when riders uses this as an excuse not to ride. Implement a new ruling stating when a rider is certified injured, he will remain so for a min of 3 / 5 days. This would eliminate the behaviour of riders, like Batchelor who this week, was well enough to ride the following day. He deserted his own team in their hour of need, by using this get out of jail card....

Am trying to think of ways to eliminate all the issues that was allowed to destroy our much awaited match last week...

Obviously, I have plenty of time on my hands, the weather is crap and am waiting for the sun to come out. ;) All views and ideas are most welcome.....

Edited by GRW123
  • Like 3

Thinking back at the shenaangons that has happened this past week, I believe it happened because the rules allow it. So thinking laterally I was trying to think of ways that would safeguard, the Fans, the Riders and Promoters from this happening again.

1. State of the track: A new rule be implemented allowing riders to have 15 mins practice session, 3/4 hr before the start. This to be totally optional, and riders wanting to bother, can see first hand of track conditions. Bikes could then be set up to suit, and/ or the track be remedied if necessary. Either way the Start would not be held up nor a delay in proceedings... and that has to be good for everyone.....

2, Riders who thinks the track is too dangerous.: A representation speaks to the Referee, who in turn calls a meeting with all Riders and Team Managers. At this meeting a vote is taken, and all Riders will accept the majority decision. If a Rider/Riders fail to do so , they will be fined and/or suspended. The Fans and Promotions need to be safeguarded against personal minded attitudes, that can destroy the sport....

3. Certified Injuries.. Nobody want to see riders force to ride when injured, but also they don't want to feel used when riders uses this as an excuse not to ride. Implement a new ruling stating when a rider is certified injured, he will remain so for a min of 3 / 5 days. This would eliminate the behaviour of riders, like Batchelor who this week, was well enough to ride the following day. He deserted his own team in their hour of need, by using this get out of jail card....

Am trying to think of ways to eliminate all the issues that was allowed to destroy our much awaited match last week...

Obviously, I have plenty of time on my hands, the weather is crap and am waiting for the sun to come out. ;) All views and ideas are most welcome.....

Some great ideas there although I would like to see both teams have a separate 15min practise would also be some entertainment/interest for the supporter who arrives early. Certified Injuries.. I would change the 3/5 days to the rider has to have 2 full days off after the night of the injury as we know speedway riders do seem to recover quicker than the normal sportsperson. I won't hold my breath in anticipation of any of your ideas being implemented in the near future but I for one liked what you had to say.
  • Like 1

I'd agree with that with the proviso that any vote taken in point 2 is by secret ballot to avoid any undue pressure being put on younger/less experienced riders.

• Like 2

I don't agree there tellboy everyone I know wants him back, he was the one yelling at his dad to get off the track and getting the meetings to flow unlike now, there was always promoting going on. I remember seeing models in cat suits with a back pack speaker on there back walking around Hunstanton giving out flyers ! We are lucky if we know if we have a match nowadays!! He may not be everyone's cup of tea but he knew how to promote and run a show. Matt Ford is not very popular but he knows how to run a successful business. Sooner he comes back to save the club the better

But to be honest he was at the club at the right time.What i mean is we had a very successful team at the time,the team promoted the sport in Norfolk by winning most of the time.

By all accounts Pooles attendances have decreased this season,can't see Ford doing any different promoting wise.But the big difference is Poole aren't winning so much.

We all know having a successful team will always bring more people through the turnstyles.

Some great ideas there although I would like to see both teams have a separate 15min practise would also be some entertainment/interest for the supporter who arrives early. Certified Injuries.. I would change the 3/5 days to the rider has to have 2 full days off after the night of the injury as we know speedway riders do seem to recover quicker than the normal sportsperson. I won't hold my breath in anticipation of any of your ideas being implemented in the near future but I for one liked what you had to say.

and to stop the said rider that is injured from guesting for anyone else for 7 days.
  • Like 1

After Swindon's win tonight the Stars need a good run in the second half of the season to qualify for the play offs. If they can do it who do you think will lose their place in the current top 4?

Edited by jchapman

After Swindon's win tonight the Stars need to a good run in the second half of the season to qualify for the play offs. If they can do it who do you think will lose their place in the current top 4 at the stars expense?

This is going to shock some members on here but I am going to say Belle Vue.

Rohan Tungate and Jack Smith are out of form and that's a worry for them. Also Belle Vue seem vulnerable at home to me.

Swindon are on a roll and could finish top.

Wolverhampton's home form will see them into the top 4.

Poole are waiting for BSPA approval to announce our replacement for KK and then we will become a dangerous side. We haven't had a No.1 all season and we have still taken at least a point in every away meeting. I think we will finish 4th.

Edited by Gater1
  • Like 1

After Swindon's win tonight the Stars need a good run in the second half of the season to qualify for the play offs. If they can do it who do you think will lose their place in the current top 4?

A lot will depend if Poole can make a decent changes before the end of July as it is not only KK who needs getting shot of. If Poole do not make a couple of decent changes it could be them, but I am not sure if there are better riders out there willing to ride for them.

Edited by A ORLOV

A lot will depend if Poole can make a decent changes before the end of July as it is not only KK who needs getting shot of. If Poole do not make a couple of decent changes it could be them, but I am not sure if there are better riders out there willing to ride for them.

Test of their team is fine when Kurtz is back. Like KL there issue has been a number 1 averaging 4 points lower than they should be which is probably an 8 point swing per meeting.

It is.

Lahti looks decent back to back meetings scoring 5 points

J. Holder in form

Andersen consistent

Starke has been doing well

Shanes doing his job well

Lynn as a club is in shambles the blame has to be on buster and rob Lyon

Edited by hair
  • Like 1