British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

We are fast becoming the laughing stock of the speedway world. Every match we play turns into a onesided farce with half a team. Can't ever remember it being this bad.

2018 will surely go down in history, for all the wrong reasons...

• Like 2

We are fast becoming the laughing stock of the speedway world. Every match we play turns into a onesided farce with half a team. Can't ever remember it being this bad.

2018 will surely go down in history, for all the wrong reasons...

2017 maybe!

Sadly some people say they can't wait for the season to be over, but the problem is not that simple because of the constant mis-management displayed by Buster and his "You're right boss" backup team. If this continues into next season KLS will fail as a business and as a speedway team with a long history. Critics of Buster do not wan the club to fold they only want things to be run in a credible manner.

Maybe Buster should look at taking a partner on board. For example People are singing the praises of the guy Cleeve who purchased the Football Club off of Buster after he apparently left it in a pretty poor state. The guy Cleeve has an ex Premiership manager in place and the team are unbeaten this season with gates having doubled since Buster sold out. Obviously this guy at the Football Club knows a thing or 2 about Promoting Sport in Kings Lynn and could teach Buster a thing or two. I wonder if the guy would be interested in taking the whole thing over at Saddlebow with Buster stepping aside ?

Will Buster do what is best for Keith Chapman or what is best for Kings Lynn Speedway ? as the last few years have been abject failure. No prizes for guessing the answer to that one.

Maybe Buster should look at taking a partner on board. For example People are singing the praises of the guy Cleeve who purchased the Football Club off of Buster after he apparently left it in a pretty poor state. The guy Cleeve has an ex Premiership manager in place and the team are unbeaten this season with gates having doubled since Buster sold out. Obviously this guy at the Football Club knows a thing or 2 about Promoting Sport in Kings Lynn and could teach Buster a thing or two. I wonder if the guy would be interested in taking the whole thing over at Saddlebow with Buster stepping aside ?

Will Buster do what is best for Keith Chapman or what is best for Kings Lynn Speedway ? as the last few years have been abject failure. No prizes for guessing the answer to that one.

Buster had probably the best person to help him out in his own son and they've fallen out.

Rob & Dale were suppose to be running the Speedway but Buster was the one to sack Holder & Batchelor.

Rob has said he'd left due to other commitments but I'm not sure that's the real reason, it was convenient after that horror evening.

Buster cannot and will not work with someone that tells him how to run a business, that is as clear as anything.

King's Lynn's Speedway future currently looks very very bleak

Buster had probably the best person to help him out in his own son and they've fallen out.

Rob & Dale were suppose to be running the Speedway but Buster was the one to sack Holder & Batchelor.

Rob has said he'd left due to other commitments but I'm not sure that's the real reason, it was convenient after that horror evening.

Buster cannot and will not work with someone that tells him how to run a business, that is as clear as anything.

was going to like your post but it's wrong to like it - but you are spot on in what you say

Then if Buster cannot work with anyone, he should look to franchise it out to someone who is prepared to run the thing properly and look to attract people back through the gate and not alienate the paying public as Buster appears to have done. Since JC left ( for whatever reasons and we can all 2nd guess at that) the thing has gone downhill, till now where it has sunk to the bottom. Riders and Fans have both suggested that someone should have a good hard look in the mirror at what they have done to Kings Lynn Speedway, and stop trying to pass the blame here there and everywhere. Most people in Speedway circles and those that follow it closely know actually whose door to lay the blame at.

The same thing happened at the Football Club once JC left, until it was sold. Could it be History repeating itself ?

• Like 1

was going to like your post but it's wrong to like it - but you are spot on in what you say

Let's be honest, even if they put on the match V Rye House, how many people will turn out for it? Not many I bet. You only have to look at the low turnout at the double header last week. AND if nothing changes as to how KLS is run over the winter, how many will turn out for "more of the same" next year. I won't, because this season was abysmal with very few, if any positives.

With you on that one Way. The way I feel about Kings Lynn speedway I wouldn't care if I never set foot in the place again. That's a toughie because its been my summer Sport for more years than I care to mention.

The worry has to be the guy who is charge of Kings Lynn Speedway is also the same person who is in control of British Speedway. Cause for concern or what ?

With you on that one Way. The way I feel about Kings Lynn speedway I wouldn't care if I never set foot in the place again. That's a toughie because its been my summer Sport for more years than I care to mention.

The worry has to be the guy who is charge of Kings Lynn Speedway is also the same person who is in control of British Speedway. Cause for concern or what ?

Should be cause for Great Concern! But as the BSPA is a "closed shop" nothing can be done about it. I hope there is a survival movement within the BSPA who will ask Buster to step down as Chairman. And I feel exactly the same as you semion.

It's all well and good asking Buster to step down as chairman but the truth is, not 1 clubs promoter is good enough to save the sport.

The only way this sport can survive is with an independent board of control, problem being is that this would also cost money the sport in this country doesn't have.

• Like 1

Danny, and Buster is going to allow some outside bod to tell him how to run his business.. Yeah Right!!! like that would ever happen.

Danny, and Buster is going to allow some outside bod to tell him how to run his business.. Yeah Right!!! like that would ever happen.

the choices are 1 carry on as we are which ever league we are in as some seem to think every thing will be sun shine and roses if we drop a league 2 take a co promoter on but still has to deal with Buster 3 new promotion but would still have to deal with Buster to some degree. So unless Buster totally sells up can't see much changing