British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Not brilliant of course!!!

He's doing it his way, who are we to question him? I hope he's enjoying his speedway, don't forget the pressure the riders are under in the Polish Extraliga, they have to feel on top of their job....

We are not questioning him, we are merely passing an opinion. But what has pressure from Polish league have to do with his form in our league. and everybody, in every walk of life has to be on top of their Job. I feel you are being too kind and can see no wrong.

He has so much talent , but I question his desire and motivation.....

• Like 1

Personally on Lambert i think he has slightly improved again.He's had a few injuries this season,he has again improved his average.Lets not forget he was plunged into the number 1 position with over half the season still to run.It's still his gating which lets him down,but again i think he has improved on that slightly.

Personally on Lambert i think he has slightly improved again.He's had a few injuries this season,he has again improved his average.Lets not forget he was plunged into the number 1 position with over half the season still to run.It's still his gating which lets him down,but again i think he has improved on that slightly.

I remember when Darcy Ward had a gating problem he spent some time I think with either Hancock or Crump and it had an affect on him as it did improve.

Young riders need to use these top guys as also mentors and could learn some basic things from them. He should not be too proud or up his own backside to seek advice on an area that could cost his development dearly if he doesn't get it sorted or at least part of it.

Don't get me wrong I want to see Lambert progress, as he is arguably the best young British rider we have (at the moment).

Hes 19! he's doing just fine! Multiple age class championships, pairs championship, Been riding at number 1 improving! if it wasn't for his crooked knee he would be even better. I don't get the doubting him? if he gets the gating bit right then he's there pretty much! he will continue to improve if he is at lynn or not! and id rather him be here than not!

Why are we questioning him! there are other riders in the team we could discuss about. Kai being 1! when he is on form he's awesome and when he isn't he is poor! I can see a potential janowski situation where we don't use him next season and he shines for somebody else! We have a lot of riders also that could make great riders for other teams next season too! Posing will score well at reserve for somebody, toft, thj, rose, kerr (asset). the ones we don't use for 2018 will be hot property on their averages no doubt!

We are not questioning him, we are merely passing an opinion. But what has pressure from Polish league have to do with his form in our league. and everybody, in every walk of life has to be on top of their Job. I feel you are being too kind and can see no wrong.

He has so much talent , but I question his desire and motivation.....

You were saying he should be doing more, I obviously mistook your meaning, thought you meant he should be racing in the Polish Extraliga, hence my reply. As others have said he has struggled somewhat with injury, he also lost two fellow heat leaders in July, particularly Chris Holder who I know he enjoyed racing with and wanted to race with and both who would have helped him with different bits no doubt.....

Hes 19! he's doing just fine! Multiple age class championships, pairs championship, Been riding at number 1 improving! if it wasn't for his crooked knee he would be even better. I don't get the doubting him? if he gets the gating bit right then he's there pretty much! he will continue to improve if he is at lynn or not! and id rather him be here than not!

Why are we questioning him! there are other riders in the team we could discuss about. Kai being 1! when he is on form he's awesome and when he isn't he is poor! I can see a potential janowski situation where we don't use him next season and he shines for somebody else! We have a lot of riders also that could make great riders for other teams next season too! Posing will score well at reserve for somebody, toft, thj, rose, kerr (asset). the ones we don't use for 2018 will be hot property on their averages no doubt!

Nobody is doubting him, or his ability, We are questioning him because we care, we feel he is part of Kings Lynn, we want him to do well.

We don't feel the same way about Kai because, he is not a born and bred Kings Lynn star. Probably if he stays long enough we might feel different in the future.... But I agree about his inconsistency .

Robert Lambert is doing ok. So why don't all his knockers get off his back?

Nobody is knocking him, merely passing an opinion on this obviously talented youngster......

Its all down to opinions, and I take what you say on board. But I've seen Robert ride some unbelievable races, I've seen him pull the most amazing passes you could imagine. This boy has talent coming out of his ears. But that's the problem. It difficult for some of us to witness these feats of magic and then watching him riding about creating no pressure to pass the man in front. As if that will do..

With the experience of 4 yrs in the top league, . You cant tell me there are 15 riders in the league with more latent than him, but the league says there is. He should be much higher in the league of averages than he is. I believe he is happy at the slow progress he is making, But I don't think he aims high enough. I think is the best young talent this country has produced for many a year, and It annoys me to see other young riders making bigger strides than Robert.

I just want him to be that superstar today, rather than wait till tomorrow.....

Some say, 'Tomorrow never comes....'

I hear what you are saying too and you have had the pleasure of watching him develop more than me and maybe your expectation is heightened because of the hype around him.

Woffy wasn't a big success straight away either and I fully expect Robert to develop into a top standard rider so long as he does things the right way and if that means concentrating on abroad then so be it.

if Polish rules are relaxed for 2018 and Niels comes back to KL, i hope that Robert decides to stay and works without the pressure he had this year which should push him to the next level without having to be number 1 in all the meetings.

• Like 2

MIGHT not need the Poles to relax the rules if rumours about Swedish tracks cutting their budgets are correct and, of course, NKI still resides in England and not that far from KL.

if Polish rules are relaxed for 2018 and Niels comes back to KL, i hope that Robert decides to stay and works without the pressure he had this year which should push him to the next level without having to be number 1 in all the meetings.

Nothing would please me more than Neils coming back next year. He left a massive hole that has been difficult to fill. Whether Lambert would feel the same way has yet to be seen, and that worries me....

Here we have a young man, 19yrs old with the world at his feet. Talent and ability by the bucket load. You would have thought he would be standing 10 foot tall without a care in the world. Happy, his smile and personality should light up the whole stadium. He should be that strong minded he can overcome anybody or any problem put in front of him, knowing when he gets on that bike there are few that are is equal....

But watching him and his mannerisms, you get a totally different impression of a rider as he appears to have all the troubles in the world. Moody, Aggressive, Arguementive, all the attributes you associate with someone under pressure. When Lynn had both Neils and Lambert before, all could see there was a tension between them. But Lambert should be using situations like this to learn and better himself, not creating walls between and other riders.

If the chance arises that we can have Neils back, Lambert would do well to fellow him as a perfect example of the a class rider who gives everything for the cause... everytime..

• Like 3

I don't think all the blame can be laid at Lambert's feet regarding Niels.They both have to work together.Whilst i would love to see Niels back because he scores plenty of points.I thought he had a touch of GP itus about him the last couple of seasons where on the track he goes out for himself.Off track a different person.This is my opinion of course.If they could work together Lambert/Iversen it would be great for the club.

• Like 1

Just can't see it being viable to bring NKI back ( however much I would like to see it ) unless that is, a major sponsor can be found to underwrite his signing. I think that the 2018 Premier League set up will be yet another, "on the cheap" cost cutting venture, no bad thing if it leaves the superstars to compete in other parts of Europe. Retain Robert Lambert at all costs to hang on to the remaining fanbase.

Robert Lambert is out of the Premier Riders Championship tonight and not riding, his place is taken by J Auty

Robert probably puts loads of pressure on himself to perform and earn money, he wants to make it to the top, he has the extra pressure of being captain at 19. He told me himself that he enjoyed the banter with Holder, he certainly wanted to team ride with him, it's important to have a laugh together.

On Radio Norfolk yesterday he said that he thinks the fans should be given more information about what is going on during a meeting, he feels people get the wrong end of the stick about riders etc and it puts people off going to speedway.

Sometumes when he approaches the big mouthed fans he just wants to put them right and/or know where their abuse is coming from.

I well remember Jason crump getting lots of abuse at an ELRC at Coventry, it upset him big time as he couldn't understand what he was doing to deserve it.