British Speedway Forum

Monster Energy should be punished also. It is a team. In other sports teams also get punishment for this kind of stuff.

I am Hancock fan but I found this to be too much. Attacking Pedersen on Swedish Elit Series meeting was on borderline but this was too much.

To be fair Kelvin called it 'strange' during the race, and was quickly critical. Pearson didn't try to defend Hancock (yes that's right folks, I am defending Pearson). I looked on Twitter and that total moron Havelock is now slating Nigel and Kelvin for judging Hancock. What saddens me is that Havelock can't see what Hancock did was wrong.

I sometimes wonder if Havvy is actually on this planet some fo the things he comes out with

• Like 2

I think that came last year!

His attack of Nicki, not on track but the off-track website statement was pathetic and bullying. Tonight he went from winning the world title in one race, to colluding to cheat other riders in the following race.

To be fair Kelvin called it 'strange' during the race, and was quickly critical. Pearson didn't try to defend Hancock (yes that's right folks, I am defending Pearson). I looked on Twitter and that total moron Havelock is now slating Nigel and Kelvin for judging Hancock. What saddens me is that Havelock can't see what Hancock did was wrong.

I'd have to re-watch it but I didn't think either Kelvin or Nigel picked up on it during the race, I'm sure it was only after a couple of replays that they even discussed it, then again were they actually over there, or just sat in a UK studio?

I've always been neutral regarding Hancock but his withdrawal from the meeting was the wrong move imo, lost a lot of credibility in my eyes. He will definitely be remembered for today's antics and they will overshadow his fantastic achievements.

Shame on you Greg Hancock..

• Like 2

I'd have to re-watch it but I didn't think either Kelvin or Nigel picked up on it during the race

They didn't but the way Kelvin questioned the move during the race sort of suggested to me that Kelvin thought it was suspicious, which was enough for me to rewind and take a look.

I've always been neutral regarding Hancock but his withdrawal from the meeting was the wrong move imo, lost a lot of credibility in my eyes. Shame on you Greg Hancock..

Not just today for me. Hancock's recent crimes against speedway are:

- Today, manipulating the race.

- World Cup, cheating British fans by pulling out of the Belle Vue meeting, after making no reference to that in the qualification.

- His attack on Nicki by publishing a website statement attacking his character. Unprofessional at best!

• Like 4

I sometimes wonder if Havvy is actually on this planet some fo the things he comes out with

To be fair, Havvy and Middlo aren't the first people you'd choose to put on Mastermind. They seem to be the only 2 who couldn't see what blatantly happened.

• Like 1

Hancock is a disgrace. By the way he is done the same in 2014 when he let Woffinden thru. That one almost cost Nicki a bronze medal.

• Like 2

HE has a huge chip on his shoulder after Sky dumped him because no one could understand what he was saying.

• Like 2

What saddens me is that Havelock can't see what Hancock did was wrong.

Perhaps he had the benefit of assistance during world championship qualifiers and thinks it's acceptable.

They didn't but the way Kelvin questioned the move during the race sort of suggested to me that Kelvin thought it was suspicious, which was enough for me to rewind and take a look.

Not just today for me. Hancock's recent crimes against speedway are:

- Today, manipulating the race.

- World Cup, cheating British fans by pulling out of the Belle Vue meeting, after making no reference to that in the qualification.

- His attack on Nicki by publishing a website statement attacking his character. Unprofessional at best!

You forgot

• sprinting a long distance and then physically abuse another rider by punching him.
  • Repeated bullying of Nicki by Greg and his hang arounds.
  • Like 3

HE has a huge chip on his shoulder after Sky dumped him because no one could understand what he was saying.

Hang on that`s our new team manager your criticising, though I agree with you completely. :)

I think its to the FIM juries credit that they made their decision today.

• Like 1

Wasn't listening intently as I try to drone out the shouty twins but they seemed to keep saying it was the referee's decision (i.e. one mans opinion) but from Hancocks tweet on here it seems the FIM jury agreed so several people I assume. Can anyone confirm and who does the FIM jury consist of?

I'm full of admiration for whoever made the decision, such things have gone on far too long in speedway and it needs to be stamped out as much as possible. The monster connections gives any press mad enough to be interested plenty of scope for conspiracy and corruption theories.

• Like 7

Wasn't listening intently as I try to drone out the shouty twins but they seemed to keep saying it was the referee's decision (i.e. one mans opinion) but from Hancocks tweet on here it seems the FIM jury agreed so several people I assume. Can anyone confirm and who does the FIM jury consist of?

I'm full of admiration for whoever made the decision, such things have gone on far too long in speedway and it needs to be stamped out as much as possible. The monster connections gives any press mad enough to be interested plenty of scope for conspiracy and corruption theories.

I don't who makes up the jury but I'm sure it was Castagna who gave Hancock his winners medal and a kiss on each cheek, surely he must have some bearing on such a decision.

Couldn't agree more about them making the decision straight away, totally unexpected on my part, thought it would be another of those things that get dealt with in secret, it was refreshing to see it dealt with so quickly, sends out a warning to any potential cheats and lets all the riders know who's boss.

Can I ask how many people who have posted on this topic with quite forthright views towards Greg, did you voice those same views in the same way back in 2000 when Mark Loram and Joe Screen were together in the final round of the championship working together throughout the whole meeting and in the pits right in front of the camera to help Mark to the title?

Or what about the times when races have been thrown in world cups to aid teams?

I'm not agreeing that it is right, far from it, and actually the stance taken by the FIM was needed. But imo it was needed day 1 that this happened. Then riders and teams wouldn't be doing it now. The FIM imo are to blame for being too lenient throughout their competitions over many years. I wonder how many of those top 16 riders on show today have made decisions similar before leaving the pits in other competitions over the years?

• Like 2

I think this decision had to be made like this on the day because of the amount of critical heats leading to being a GP rider or not in 2017, it was so tight, favours could easily have been asked for, and given for race points..... And therefore GP places for 2017...

Edited by Shale Searcher