British Speedway Forum

Thoroughly enjoyed this GP - it had a bit of everything, and plenty of close racing. Good win for the Aussies and hope this boots the profile of the sport over there.

Agree with a few other posters in that GH would have been better carrying on - his non-appearance in the rest of his heats might well affect other placings, and the public have paid to see him race at least 5 heats. His record will say that he won 4 world titles. Remember Mauger's 'protest' at a BLRC at BV when in the race that everyone came to see, him vs. Olsen, he pulled up on the first bend, but he carried on with the rest of the meeting and his record still says 6 world titles. Should be interesting to see the what the fan reaction to GH will be next season.

• Like 1

I was once indifferent towards Hancock although I have always admired his skill as a Speedway rider and what he has achieved in the sport.

However, after his violent assault on Nicki, the events around pulling out of the SWC and the two episodes today I find it difficult how anyone can carry on defending him, not that there are many on here doing that!

Not even me and normally I would not have a word said against him.

If it's dangerous, why didn't he pull up and take no further part in the race...?

So how come he was ok to speed up after Holder passed him

• Like 8

Am I the only one that thought Hancock let AJ win in his second ride ? Cus it certainly looked that way to me and the reaction of AJ towards Hancock after the race looked that way also not as blatant as the Holder let through but I'm sure he let AJ by .

well done greg hancock , champion again .

anyone remember joe screen team riding mark loram in marks quest to become world champ . or tomas gollob team riding with an opposition rider in the world cup or jason dole deliberately slowing a race down so emil kramer could get the vital points they required to win the pairs or even your own rider slowing down so his mate could get a full max and not a paid one . it happens all over the country .

but to withdraw was a step too far . sorry greg , legend that you are , it hurts to us fans .

End of the day Loram won the title in similar circumstances. I was there and it was totally blatant. Screen, who was much faster than Loram all night, spent the 5th ride waiving Loram through then spent 4 laps blocking every move Hampel could throw at him.

Was there outrage? Nope. Just a big well done to Screeny for helping his countryman win the wc.

• Like 1

Perhaps it's time to lay down some ground rules for riders that race under a team sponsored banner such as Monster if it was in the GP rules that another rider can help another rider under that sponsorship banner fans wouldn't feel so cheated as they have today - it would also encourage other sponsors maybe Red Bull to have a team in the GPS and others of course- just a thought I could be talking c##p

So why didn't Hancock say that when interviewed by Brandon after the awards ceremony.

This GP deserves to be remembered for its quality of racing and fitting end to the series and not the poor behaviour of a rider who really should know how to behave towards his sponsors and supporters.

• Like 2

End of the day Loram won the title in similar circumstances. I was there and it was totally blatant. Screen, who was much faster than Loram all night, spent the 5th ride waiving Loram through then spent 4 laps blocking every move Hampel could throw at him.

Was there outrage? Nope. Just a big well done to Screeny for helping his countryman win the wc.

Totally agree, good on ya Screeny helping your fellow countryman out, was there to!

If it's dangerous, why didn't he pull up and take no further part in the race...?

That makes him guilty of putting other riders at risk if he knows he has a mechanical problem.

Well done Greg just hope this sport is not going like F1 he has explained what happened and Morris and the Ref know better how many titles have they won or raced at the top of the sport ,no wonder he withdrew . .

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Like 1