British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

Jason Crump was born in Bristol and his mother is the daughter of former Newport rider Neil Street.

Yes, but he is and always will be an Aussie, no matter how much you dress him up.

Jason Crump was born in Bristol and his mother is the daughter of former Newport rider Neil Street.

so does that mean he's Welsh ??? ;)

Yes, but he is and always will be an Aussie, no matter how much you dress him up.

It doesn't matter how you want to dress it up he's British born .

But he's NOT British by choice..

Well I would like to thank the promoters for assembling a team with such promise and could challenge on all fronts

They put together the team - but sadly were not rewarded

Our hopes were dashed in the league cup through BSPA, pairs and fours by national authorities

Injury to Robert in the PLRC

But with Cup and League to go in October it all looked good (as we were most peoples tips to win)..... however we have to be honest ... and we have imploded in October and only Robert and Ashley can say they have ridden to their ability

So the end has raised several question marks over the team for next year

Robert - been a joy to watch and would love him back but I think hes Poland bound. If not then he has to be our number 1

Victor - early September he had impressed me. Since beating Cook he's gone colder than an Arctic winter and has disappeared in October. Sadly a no

Matej - a real puzzle - rode our place much better than expected but didn't up his average much and also disappeared in October when needed. He would be in danger with the averages if I were in charge, but as a club asset he probably safe

Ludvig - club skipper and whens he's on form he is 8.5+ but needs to raise his consistency. form slippage possibly due to fatherhood. Yes - and as a skipper

Steve - a definite yes but if Robert is available he may lose on team averages

Ashley - a definite ......... did a fine job and no way to blame for the October results

Danny - no no no ........ the lad is not good enough atm and the experience of being thrashed every week hasn't raised his game. Needs to stay in NL

Terio - too much of risk on his average

Lewis - a definite yes although will find it harder in main body

3 Lewis 5.86

4 Matej 7.55

5 Ludvig 7.65

6 Ashley 4.83

7 TBC 3.00

That adds up to 28,89 leaving 13.61 for 1 and 2

which could be Robert 8.76 and brandford 4.60 (at 6 with Ashley at 2)

or Steve 8.51 and Josh Bates 5.02

Bradley Wiggins one of britains best olympians was born in Ghent, does that make him Belgian?

Lambert is the finest 18 year old ive regularly seen ride in nearly 40 years also.... Proof of the pudding is that the only people mentioned alongside him are 3 legends of speedway.

The lad is a class act and one of the best prospects to emerge from british speedway for decades imo.

• Like 2

Will there be new averages at the end of this month? Or are the ones on the Speedway GB website the final averages? Be interesting to see if anyone drops or goes up

Do you think Freddie might let Ludvig have one of them new fancy engines next year? ^_^ Maybe that might make Ludvig more than a 7.65 rider :)

Will there be new averages at the end of this month? Or are the ones on the Speedway GB website the final averages? Be interesting to see if anyone drops or goes up

Do you think Freddie might let Ludvig have one of them new fancy engines next year? ^_^ Maybe that might make Ludvig more than a 7.65 rider :)

There should be final averages published within the next week....

• Like 1

Bradley Wiggins one of britains best olympians was born in Ghent, does that make him Belgian?

Lambert is the finest 18 year old ive regularly seen ride in nearly 40 years also.... Proof of the pudding is that the only people mentioned alongside him are 3 legends of speedway.

The lad is a class act and one of the best prospects to emerge from british speedway for decades imo.

its not often I agree with you, but do there,,, dunno how some don't see it, there's not one person that i've spoke to thats seen him ride say otherwise,,,,

Dandelion, we were discussing Ludvig's engines on Sunday night on the terraces, they looked awfully like a Gerhard to us, so maybe big brother has already loaned him one.

• Like 1

its not often I agree with you, but do there,,, dunno how some don't see it, there's not one person that i've spoke to thats seen him ride say otherwise,,,,

The speed he entered the third bend at Glasgow last night passing Richard Lawson was phenomenal and a sight to behold and done in total control. Breathtaking.