British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

Of course not the track, but if we replace Lindgren with a rider who can't ride there, it means less points scored, meaning a higher chance of a loss.

what we should do is,,, replace him with a rider that is sh!t at home, but good on the road,,,

so then the away fans think he's great and the home fans think he's sh!t,,, so not much difference there then ;)

if Newcastle are to ditch 'Lightning',,, best do it now before the new averages come out, he's shed over half a point :(

Better bloody not do that!

• Like 1

Gah, some people have a serious vendetta against Ludvig, someone who as pointed out previously, is 3rd highest averaging in our team and captain, I don't understand why people mention Ludvig but not Rose, same average now, but I would trust Ludvig to win a race (Home and away) more than I'd trust Rose

This is not me having a go at Lewis as I love him!!

This is a question of how the rules work, not me wanting Rene to come back... Although I do want that

Robert Lambert rides in Poland, and four other leagues, but I thought you could only ride in one other as well as Poland

Rene rides in Poland, and Sweden and Denmark, which also seems to break the rule, would Rene be able to ride for us too (for example)

Can someone explain to me where I've got it all wrong, as I usually do

No (at least not at the current stadium).

Could it also mean that Newcastle Diamonds might be bought out? Either to fold the club or make us another Glasgow?

but who would we bring in?
wonder if they'll make any changes to how the stadium looks. As long as it doesn't interfere with the speedway, I'm not fussed!

I'm not sure. Lambert and Worrall are a quality pair at times, so the pairs could be an option. Same with the fours, if they add Rose and Lindgren to the mix. Worrall would be a good shout to win the PLRC-- sorry, the CLRC. But the league or KO cup? No.

Yeah, but the league is the most important thing to go for (imo) and we'll never win that with this team, although, I'd happily be embarrassed by this comment in 5 months time...

Who am I kidding..... ALL of my comments are embarrassing xD

a naa,,, its not hard ;)
some-one on nearly a 7pt ave, and the other on nearly a 3,,,

you have 7.69 + 2.00 + 0.19 spare (9.88), so any two that fit ;)

Rene and a two pointer would fit that..... Although I like Ludvig more

if Newcastle are to ditch 'Lightning',,, best do it now before the new averages come out, he's shed over half a point :(

Ludvig was on an inflated average at the start of the season anyway, he won't be much better than a 7/7.5 rider anyway, but he's still one of the most entertaining to watch, and I hope he stays for years to come...

• Like 1

Rene and a two pointer would fit that..... Although I like Ludvig more...

that would be a like for like change, certainly wouldn't strengthen up the bottom end, neither the top.

Lambert doesn't ride in the Ekstraliga.

Lindgren is a lot better rider than Rose, I think that's why people are saying things as they have the same average as Rose has been better than him at home for you's when Lindgren is renowned for his home form, but Lindgren has been better away and that completely evens it up

Edited by allthegearbutnaeidea

I think the difference is that Rose has potential improvement left in him whereas Lindgren peaked a long time ago.

• Like 2

I think the difference is that Rose has potential improvement left in him whereas Lindgren peaked a long time ago.

I'd certainly agree with the first part of that statement.

Lindgren is a lot better rider than Rose, I think that's why people are saying things as they have the same average as Rose has been better than him at home for you's when Lindgren is renowned for his home form, but Lindgren has been better away and that completely evens it up

Both fair posts and, it would be hard to draw a line between them. They are a formidable pairing at home, but 'if' there had/was to be a split, I would bare in mind the amount of time that has been spent 'off track' due to injury, unfortunate as it sounds.

Edited by ruffdiamond

Great Post with which I totally agree.

what we should do is,,, replace him with a rider that is sh!t at home, but good on the road,,,

so then the away fans think he's great and the home fans think he's sh!t,,, so not much difference there then ;)

We'd just be back to square 1 then hahaha!

I'd certainly agree with the first part of that statement.

Never have truer words been spoken. Well they have, but you get the gist.

Edited by DiamondGlory

????? Start of season 2015 :- 7.12; 2016:- 7.05; 2017:- 7.69; current :- 8.00. Quite a reduction NOT for some one who peaked a long time ago. His average has never been higher to my knowledge. Maybe he isn't improving as quick as Lewis is at the moment, but I think you'll find Lewis's improvement will slow down when it get's to 8 ish (as they all do). Tom Owen once said of a young Nigel Crabtree "He won't be an overnight sensation, he'll improve a little bit each year, but once he gets there he'll be there for quite a while". How right he was.

• Like 1

????? Start of season 2015 :- 7.12; 2016:- 7.05; 2017:- 7.69; current :- 8.00. Quite a reduction NOT for some one who peaked a long time ago. His average has never been higher to my knowledge. Maybe he isn't improving as quick as Lewis is at the moment, but I think you'll find Lewis's improvement will slow down when it get's to 8 ish (as they all do). Tom Owen once said of a young Nigel Crabtree "He won't be an overnight sensation, he'll improve a little bit each year, but once he gets there he'll be there for quite a while". How right he was.

It is a weaker product now so his average should increase.

You're right, we're not bottom, but we're not going to win anything either, imo

I would question that, would they be improved, or would they be so low in confidence it ruins them? As far as I remember, Oliver Greenwood asked Peterborough to drop him when he wasn't performing good enough, and where's he now?

Does that put any threat on Newcastle speedway? / Does that mean Sunderland Stars might come back?

A good shout for the pairs now. Especially since Robert is available. Excellent chance of the fours. I still think we have a half decent chance in the KO Cup over two legs. As for the league, well I'm not really sure I want to win that. A promotion relegation playoff with (for example) Rye House or Somerset who have by the end of the season decided the premiership is not for them and want to drop back down to the championship. Remember promotion and relegation is COMPULSORY this year. So you could have two teams trying there best NOT to win over two legs. And if we do win promotion it'll be bye bye Newcastle speedway..

• Like 2

How about Adam Roynon?

I think the least said about that suggestion the better!!!