British Speedway Forum
balderdash&piffle

Berwick 2017 50th Year

I think Nick Morris will prove to be a good signing, by his own admission he hasn't raced enough in recent season so I`m sure he will be keen to do well. IMO the club still havent addressed the problem of running with three reserves, in fact you could argue things have got worse as potentially we now have four, Payne, Gappmaier, Ethridge and Carr, I suppose if Gappmaier continues in his current form then you can take him out of the list but even so I still think we are very weak lower down the team. Quite happy to see Berge go as he clearly didn't want to be here and IMO it would've been Carr to leave to as they have been our weakest links so far this season so disappointed to see Vissing go, whatever the differences between rider and club could've been worked out surely, not unless that route had already been explored.

• Like 1

The hope for Berwick is that Bridger settles down away from the number 1 race jacket , and Nick is a solid enough heat leader . But there's a lot of last places in that side .

Obviously a clash of personalities regarding Vissing certainly not the track IMO .The track has been prepared much better this season it's still quite slick but you can ride the outside line now ,not the usual deep dirt of previous seasons.Berge just did not seem interested.Carr needs to show what he can do or he might be next in line for chop.

• Like 1

Obviously a clash of personalities regarding Vissing certainly not the track IMO .The track has been prepared much better this season it's still quite slick but you can ride the outside line now ,not the usual deep dirt of previous seasons.Berge just did not seem interested.Carr needs to show what he can do or he might be next in line for chop.

Vissing is a bit of an enigma , he started the recent home meeting against Glasgow looking untouchable , but then ran out of steam when the going got tough .

Etheridge scored at Redcar, but not #2 level or anywhere like it. I think he's got a lot of potential but..... no main body atm

Think Bridger Morris and Doolan will be expected to do the bulk of the scoring and Danny put in hopefully what he has been doing until he eventually has to move up... Liam will have his chance to rack some points up from reserve... We know what he can do!

The changes to the Berwick team should show a slight improvement, but to be honest they look as though they are papering over the cracks, and I would still fancy my side to get up there and come away with some sort of points.

One thing I do think it says is that Bridger is on last chance saloon, the way the team is made up he has to come up with the goods, if he does not then my guess is that he could well be the next to be shown the door.

I would have given Dimitri more time to settle in, he has stated on his facebook page that he was having problems with his bikes, he started slowly at Sheffield last year and was brilliant by the end.

• Like 1

He made Gjedde look like a superstar round Berwick! Maybe he was having problems but tootling round at the back isn't good enough. Didn't want to be at Berwick which is fine, glad the club have moved on

Applaud the management quickly shaking up the team as some have hinted may not be the end but trying to work your way round the rule book takes a Phillidelphia lawyer or John Campbell. Let's see if we can do a little more juggling and finally produce fortress Shielfield.

• Like 1

I think Nick Morris will prove to be a good signing, by his own admission he hasn't raced enough in recent season so I`m sure he will be keen to do well. IMO the club still havent addressed the problem of running with three reserves, in fact you could argue things have got worse as potentially we now have four, Payne, Gappmaier, Ethridge and Carr, I suppose if Gappmaier continues in his current form then you can take him out of the list but even so I still think we are very weak lower down the team. Quite happy to see Berge go as he clearly didn't want to be here and IMO it would've been Carr to leave to as they have been our weakest links so far this season so disappointed to see Vissing go, whatever the differences between rider and club could've been worked out surely, not unless that route had already been explored.

Do you know what the outcome is regarding what Engine Lewis is using ? A massive investment for Lewis if he is moving away from Revolution

I would have given Dimitri more time to settle in, he has stated on his facebook page that he was having problems with his bikes, he started slowly at Sheffield last year and was brilliant by the end.

Standard excuse in Speedway,never saw him testing any thing in 2nd halves at Shielfield and there has been plenty time this season due to slick run meetings.Time for Bridger to get him self sorted regarding machinery,(website says he has done something)or things won't improve.IMO.

Bridger has new equipment, so lets see how he goes on that.