British Speedway Forum
balderdash&piffle

Berwick 2017 50th Year

7.35 is including last nights meeting

Oops! forgot to look at "up to & including" date :oops::t:

Would keep Nick, Lewis,Kev , Dany only 4 worth keeping IMO

Would keep Nick, Lewis,Kev , Dany only 4 worth keeping IMO

the problem is who the other 3 are going to be replaced with as we need a rider at 7 who is eligible to be there, which both Carr and Payne is, Etheridge has done OK but no one really expected him to be that good anyways, Payne and Carr is fairly 50/50 to me, Liam has the slightly higher average but is younger and slightly better but he has been in the team for longer than Lee so who deserves it more, no point replacing both imo unless we can somehow get James Shanes as there is no one out there who can do better at all.

Surely Gary mate James Sargent could end up at Berwick.

I think there is a practice session at Berwick tomorrow night, maybe an answer or two will be found there for riders looking for a team place.

I think there is a practice session at Berwick tomorrow night, maybe an answer or two will be found there for riders looking for a team place.

Is this a closed session?

Is this a closed session?

No open to public

• Like 2

the problem is who the other 3 are going to be replaced with as we need a rider at 7 who is eligible to be there, which both Carr and Payne is, Etheridge has done OK but no one really expected him to be that good anyways, Payne and Carr is fairly 50/50 to me, Liam has the slightly higher average but is younger and slightly better but he has been in the team for longer than Lee so who deserves it more, no point replacing both imo unless we can somehow get James Shanes as there is no one out there who can do better at all.

I think the big mistake was to fallout with Vissing he would have been the 3rdheat leader/ 2nd string when we brought in Morris ,that kept middle order solid.Berge and Carr should have went .But that's history now.

Surely Gary mate James Sargent could end up at Berwick.

His average will be sub-4 after a meeting too. Sarj and Carr in reserve using up less than 8 points would be handy.

I think the big mistake was to fallout with Vissing he would have been the 3rdheat leader/ 2nd string when we brought in Morris ,that kept middle order solid.Berge and Carr should have went .But that's history now.

Fully agree, Berge and Carr were the weak links in the top five, it is they who should've gone. Berge did Carr remains and sadly for him and the team there is no sign of his scoring improving. It must be hoped the extra meetings he will now get with Birmingham does the trick, as Berwick cant continue to carry riders as we have done so far this season.

Whatever happened between club and rider regarding Vissing is history now though surely its part of a managers role to manage his riders, maybe this was tried and failed but getting rid of Vissing was a mistake.

Fully agree, Berge and Carr were the weak links in the top five, it is they who should've gone. Berge did Carr remains and sadly for him and the team there is no sign of his scoring improving. It must be hoped the extra meetings he will now get with Birmingham does the trick, as Berwick cant continue to carry riders as we have done so far this season.

Whatever happened between club and rider regarding Vissing is history now though surely its part of a managers role to manage his riders, maybe this was tried and failed but getting rid of Vissing was a mistake.

Can't argue with that. A line up of Morris, Bridger, Vissing, Doolan, Gappmaier, Carr, Etheridge would do for me. Not sure if averages would have fit, but it's all ifs and buts anyway. No idea what was said / went on between Vissing and the promotion, but we lost a good rider there.

In this case, I think Vissing was making unrealistic demands about the track, he walked, not the clubs fault. Many on here have said over the years you cannot prepare the track for one rider. Good track this season until last weeks fiasco, Vissing did not agree.

In this case, I think Vissing was making unrealistic demands about the track, he walked, not the clubs fault. Many on here have said over the years you cannot prepare the track for one rider. Good track this season until last weeks fiasco, Vissing did not agree.

As you say there is no way a track should be set up just to suit one rider, and in this case Vissing should have been professional enough to adapt to the track, its not as if he was struggling to score points, in fact he looked very impressive.