British Speedway Forum
balderdash&piffle

Berwick 2017 50th Year

Berwick not allowed to make a replacement, yet a number of riders now unemployed this sport never lets you down with their rules.

be interesting to test this in law

Must be getting away with it then

Yip! Read match reports hauled back at least once a meeting .Good luck to him though that is his level just now.Interesting to see what he does next season.
  • Like 1

be interesting to test this in law

The league is in effect a 'club' -- say like a golf club -- and can make its own rules. So going to court's a no-no.

But agree with original point -- the 'no changes after August 1' regulation which came in with too many Buster-influenced changes for the worse -- using a sledge-hammer on a walnut.

It was rushed in to stop late introductions like Hancock at Poole and Tai at Wolves, but failed to realise the damage which would be caused to other clubs. Perhaps it should only have been applied to the post-season play-offs?

Whatever, the past two seasons, this current one especially, have been an administrational disaster.

Buster's reign will surely be curtailed at the AGM. But who can be persuaded to take over, and steady the ship?

Thinks: Toni Frankitti?

• Like 2

The league is in effect a 'club' -- say like a golf club -- and can make its own rules. So going to court's a no-no.

But agree with original point -- the 'no changes after August 1' regulation which came in with too many Buster-influenced changes for the worse -- using a sledge-hammer on a walnut.

It was rushed in to stop late introductions like Hancock at Poole and Tai at Wolves, but failed to realise the damage which would be caused to other clubs. Perhaps it should only have been applied to the post-season play-offs?

Whatever, the past two seasons, this current one especially, have been an administrational disaster.

Buster's reign will surely be curtailed at the AGM. But who can be persuaded to take over, and steady the ship?

Very easy to blame one person like Buster Chapman, but I would say every promoter is equally to blame, the Chairman is only one part of a whole, and it is the whole lot of them that are to blame.

Very easy to blame one person like Buster Chapman, but I would say every promoter is equally to blame, the Chairman is only one part of a whole, and it is the whole lot of them that are to blame.

Get yourself on the Management Committee Speedway needs you or someone with views

Edited by Catch Me If You Can

Get yourself on the Management Committee Speedway needs you or someone with views

As it is a closed club, unlikely they will let outsiders in, promoters are too locked up in their own bubble to even listen to the fans.

As it is a closed club, unlikely they will let outsiders in, promoters are too locked up in their own bubble to even listen to the fans.

When you own a business and responsible for the debts, why would you invite a stranger in and help you lose more. Would you in your business ?

• Like 2

how the hell can you blame one person such as Buster

ever occured that the league promotors take these decisons collectively?

isnt that the idea of having an AGM?

• Like 1

When you own a business and responsible for the debts, why would you invite a stranger in and help you lose more. Would you in your business ?

Simply YES, if I was in the same trouble as British Speedway, I would take as much advice as necessary to put it right.. If I don't give my customers what they want, my business is down the pan.

how the hell can you blame one person such as Buster

ever occured that the league promotors take these decisons collectively?

isnt that the idea of having an AGM?

I got shot down in flames for saying this as posters came on with the accusation of one persons agenda making supplementary rules!

I got shot down in flames for saying this as posters came on with the accusation of one persons agenda making supplementary rules!

I suppose common sense goes out of the window when someone has an opinion, time to sit down and listen to each other

Not often two Berwick riders top score for their teams in a Premiership match

Not often two Berwick riders top score for their teams in a Premiership match

Shows the standard of "Top League".