British Speedway Forum
balderdash&piffle

Berwick 2017 50th Year

Statement is very clear that Peterborough will be PL.

having stated in Star that he "isn't a rich man" I think he would have needed substantial financial backing from elsewhere to consider running two clubs, especially one in Elite League!

He had not made the statement when the rumour started

The rumour was , he was taking P/Boro EL and wanting a PL club to bring on riders for the EL. Not that he was leaving P/Boro.

Shame that never came true. Another season treading water; same time next year!

Even if the Rathbone rumour has gone a bit cold I think there is still enough interest in Berwick Speedway to see us come to the tapes next year, the positive thing is there is a good number of people who are ready and willing to help if the right person or persons take over.

Rumour around Glasgow yesterday was one of Edinburghs main sponsor Eddie from border roofing was interested along with a few Courtney's brothers only rumour thou

Edited by mac101

Rumour around Glasgow yesterday was one of Edinburghs main sponsor Eddie from border roofing was interested along with a few Courtney's brothers only rumour thou

Two rumours in one there

Probably hacked off as he thought he was getting a full season off exposure not his fault Edinburgh's season finished in the Summer.

Probably hacked off as he thought he was getting a full season off exposure not his fault Edinburgh's season finished in the Summer.

Edinburgh`s season has normally lasted a bit longer than Berwick`s in recent times.

Summer = October in Scotland nowadays?!!

A couple of weeks in July usually

Always found the second week in June is a good one too!!

Although I am not keen on the track , I do sincerely hope that Berwick continue and get to their 50th season and beyond !!!!

Although I am not keen on the track , I do sincerely hope that Berwick continue and get to their 50th season and beyond !!!!

After the news on Plymouth today we are all keeping our fingers crossed, though I do believe there will be good news and Berwick will race in 2017.

How wrong could I be with rumours defo not border roofing 100%

• Like 1