British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedwaycrazy

Lakeside V Swindon 16 Sept 2016

I must agree. Heat 13 was a fantastic heat of speedway. Doyle looks a class apart at the moment. It seems he has the equipment, the ability and most importantly, the belief to be world champion this year.

Is it any wonder that Lakeside do well at home on that awful 'D' shaped track. Get a proper oval shaped track and let us see how good you really are against visiting teams. Your away record gives a good clue !

Doyle superb, Wrighty good,the rest a disgrace, get rid of this Aussie team, would expect more fight from these macho men from Down Under.

Hang ya heads in shame, not fit to clean the boots of the likes of Briggo Ashby Kilby Keener Broady et al, who rode with passion in the Robins jacket.

Edited by auntie doris

Doyle superb, Wrighty good,the rest a disgrace, get rid of this Aussie team, would expect more fight from these macho men from Down Under.

Always the same problem when you get a bunch of Aussies in the same team. They are great when things are going well, but if something upsets one one of them and he starts kicking off they all start moaning and their heads drop. Holder and Doyle are the exceptions.

Is it any wonder that Lakeside do well at home on that awful 'D' shaped track. Get a proper oval shaped track and let us see how good you really are against visiting teams. Your away record gives a good clue !

A track that everyone says produced good racing last night. Edited by Daytripper
  • Like 2

If they weren't moving to the new stadium crowd levels would have hit a record low, so look forward to seeing hopefully world champ Doyley and 6 others on the new track we hope and better atmosphere. The fanatical WestCountry fans deserve better than this year's poor effort. Sign Zengy again.

Edited by auntie doris

Well Rosco has mentioned in the write up that he will talk with Jason and there will likely be a big shake up for next year.

I would only have Jason and possibly Rohan from this year in next years team, providing Rohan doubles up with a PL club that has a small track.

According to Mr Rossiter - the track was atrocious and nothing to do with the weather and - it was also like that on his team's previous visit - all in the match report on Robins' website. Words fail me - what was atrocious was the performance of a few of his so called professional speedway riders.

Exactly and very poor of Rosco to put it down to the track. Was that the same reason he didn't get the point required at Belle Vue as well then? Or the reason he lost at home to Leicester?

I think he needs to take a look at Morris and his score of 1 again for starters.

Rosco has always been a poor loser. The reason he lost out on the play offs was that his team weren't good enough

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

For those who weren't there the track was not in poor condition as has been said by a high profile person. A couple of Swindon riders got crossed up but so what? Lawson hit a grippy spot on turn 1 and Bridger had his usual moment at the same place but who knows if that was the track or his Jawa?

The ride of the night was definitely Ht13 when Doyle proved - to me anyway- that he's come a long way from the falling off guy. The meeting was already lost but team riding wasn't going to stop him.

As for the next meeting:JC said he had the choice of Scotty or Craig Cook as guest last night so I see a very close match.

Incidently has Kelvin tried to tell his riders to go back to the start line without attention before a rerun? :rofl:

Well I'm still buzzing this morning after our great win. Those present witnessed some great speedway. Scottys last to first heat 1 win set the tone perfectly. Kennetts great ride in heat 3 then matched by Bridgers superb ride in heat 5 around Sedgmen...breathtaking. But heat 13 was the race of the night. A spectacular race involving Doyle, Kim and Scotty. Well done to all the Hammers, every one of the team members contributed. Now we can look forward to another good speedway meeting on Wednesday. Up the 'Ammers.

Also a massive thank you to the track staff for not only managing to get this meeting on but for also producing a great racing track. Heat 13 will remain in my memory bank for a long long time...credit to you all.

Edited by Loyal hammer

I know it's a sh!t track but Swindon have been an embarrassment tonight.

Why is it a sh!t track?

When did you last ride on it?

Fact is, it produces more overtaking than many of its' counterparts.

According to Mr Rossiter - the track was atrocious and nothing to do with the weather and - it was also like that on his team's previous visit - all in the match report on Robins' website. Words fail me - what was atrocious was the performance of a few of his so called professional speedway riders.

Nothing like taking one part of what he says and ignoring the bit that doesn't support the point you are making! He then went on to say...

"Even the world number-two struggled to get around and that told its own story but we didnt adapt to it and they did. To be honest, we were lacking in support at second string and heat leader to back up Doyley all year and our reserves struggled towards the end of the season. One rider would have a good meeting, another would have a poor one and it would swap around from week to week. We didnt click all at once and if we had, we would have battered teams."

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 2

An excellent meeting last night with some great racing. The crowd was very good considering the awful weather in the south east yesterday.

What bright spark at Lakeside signed Nicholls as a guest and gave him an evenings practice before Belle Vue come next week ?

Don't think Nicholls would have learn't anything he doesn't already know, he needs more practice at his own track!

What bright spark at Lakeside signed Nicholls as a guest and gave him an evenings practice before Belle Vue come next week ?

One that wanted to ensure Lakeside actually made the play offs, before worrying about who they would face

"Even the world number-two struggled to get around and that told its own story but we didnt adapt to it and they did"

The world number two who struggled all the way to 15 points, not to mention the last to first win in heat 13 (which was the ride of the season in my view - and trust me there has been some amazing rides) ?