British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole Sign Lindback

The play offs are now i m o more about the money than the sport and with our sport run by the promoters i think they could be a little prone to bend the rules a little if they think a few big name riders will put more money into a clubs coffers and make sky sport a lot happier with the line ups etc.

For me as every year passes there are more and more very ill thought out rules introduced more and more team manipulations and it is getting further and further away from the sport i once loved.I hope my mind set changes but i am sad to say for the first time in 44 years of watching speedway i am starting to see why a lot have fans have walked away.

Edited by B.V 72

@grachan It's just hiding behind the rules like Poole/Matt Ford get criticized for every year to say that. The very best rider in the world shouldn't be allowed to compete on a 7.03 average in a weakened Elite League. As long as the sport's governing body allows stuff like this to happen, the most ambitious promoters will continue to take advantage... If you want to stop Poole doing it every year, you have to stop everyone doing it.

• Like 1

In terms of Lindbäck's reassessed average it's spot on.

Being a GP rider is totally irrelevant when giving riders assessed averages.

It's all to do with how they've performed in foreign league competitions based on the previous season.

In 2015 Lindbäck obtained a 7.58 average in the Elitserien.

Lindbäck also only raced the Polish 2nd tier in 2015 with an 8.75 average.

With those figures a 7.00 is the absolute maximum the BSPA could possibly give after being away from the British League for more than 3 years.

The only thing that doesn't sit correct is if Hans Andersen rides in the Euro's on Saturday.

If he does his injury status isn't season ending & long term, only then could & should Lindbäck's inclusion be contested.

IMO, the press release from Poole is either premature or they know Hans isn't going to be available Saturday.

Seems to make sense.

Can you talk us through why Hancock came back in 2013 and used his 8.77 average that was achieved like Lindbacks in 2007?

Seems to make sense.

Can you talk us through why Hancock came back in 2013 and used his 8.77 average that was achieved like Lindbacks in 2007?

Wasn't asked to be re-assessed, like Wolves didn't ask Tai's to be re-assessed.

• Like 1

How did Lindback do at Wolves previously? Would still be a close 2 legs if indeed Poole face Wolves.

His last meeting at Wolves for Belle Vue riding at No.1 in 2007 he scored 0,0,2,0 =2.

His last two meetings for Poole in 2006 at wolves he scored 10+1 and 8+1.

Isn't that Dakota Norths dads hand??

Looks familiar.

That's an interesting theory, I'll see if I can give you a hand... We'll need all hands on deck to figure this one out... Some more evidence would be handy... To be fair, I don't think I could handle this kind of investigation... I'll have to leave it in your capable hands...

• Like 1

Looks familiar.

Are they all as doom and gloom in Manchester as you appear to be..

Looks familiar.

I think the name at the bottom of the picture gives it away!! Dak's dad is still in a bad way which is why he didn't go back to Swindon this season so i think his injury is a bit worse.

Lindback's last average was 4.15 at Belle Vue!

But it wasn't tho, as he didn't ride enough matches for it to count!

Except it wasn't. Don't let that get in the way of a good "fact" though.

:t:

Seems to make sense.

Or why Jonsson was re-assessed last year at 9.03?

Well, this thread is just a flaming dumpster fire of cry babies and haters. It's fine for Wolves to sack a healthy rider and bring in Woffy on a false average, yet Poole sign Lindback on a much more feasible average for a season-ending injury to Hansii and they get slaughtered for it.

Wolves did not bring Tai back just for the play-off's.

Yes they did. and in bringing him back they also dropped a rider who was in form. Sad really. Hope they get what they deserve in the play off's. Nothing...

Edited by Starman2006

The cut off date was before the playoffs so they had to be quick which meant Tai had to do more meetings.

Yes they did. and in bring him back they also dropped a rider who was in form. Sad really. Hope they get what they deserve in the play off's. Nothing...

They will batter you